Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Driving in rain impossible.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    But why even race these cars in a thunderstorm unless you want to drive at 5mph through puddles? We shouldn't be looking at puddles in these conditions as imo, normal rain yes but thunderstorm is extreme weather like snow & should choose appropriate car for it. Of course there is no rules but these cars are not going to handle deep puddles & extreme wet conditions easily.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A
    The following user likes this Post: MABlosfeld

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rosko View Post
    But why even race these cars in a thunderstorm unless you want to drive at 5mph through puddles? We shouldn't be looking at puddles in these conditions as imo, normal rain yes but thunderstorm is extreme weather like snow & should choose appropriate car for it. Of course there is no rules but these cars are not going to handle deep puddles & extreme wet conditions easily.
    For me, it's career mode. Trust me, I am not joining online races or making events in the rain for fun. It's terrible.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    It's a full sim. I own a GT86 and the one in game is so good that I can't find any differences to my own. I can even get my FFB to feel pretty much exactly like my real car and about as good. Not every car is this perfect but to say it's not full sim just isn't true.
    I think what is most frustrating for me is that the AI doesn't seem effected by the rain like the player is. If it's an even playing field, fine.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PUGS View Post
    I think what is most frustrating for me is that the AI doesn't seem effected by the rain like the player is. If it's an even playing field, fine.
    They are now.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Krus Control, logos, MABlosfeld

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    Difficult is not equal to unrealistic. I took a GT3 to Bathurst and it wasn't so bad at all. I restarted a few times to get a seed with lots of standing water. It's not that bad for me honestly. I was able to drive right through the puddle if I slowed to a reasonable speed. I'd say this reflects real life behavior.
    I may have to put mine down to human error. I don't recall the GT3 car I was using when testing that corner at Bathurst so I don't know if I was on wets. I normally leave it at 'Automatic By Weather' but I picked the Acura and noticed it was on soft slicks and the grip actually wasn't too bad. I swapped to telemetry when I was at the top of the mountain to check and saw Soft Slick.

I changed it to wets and if I took some kerb then I was able to get through the corner at decent speed and only slightly being tugged to the right. I was able to follow the AI at the same speed through the corner. Prior I was getting shot straight off the track. The only thing that makes sense since putting on wets got me through the corner is that I had soft slicks on when I tried it last time. Hard slicks is definitely noticeable in wet conditions.

Coming out of the chase, the AI takes a fair bit of kerb and in the wet, you'll see a trail of mud that appears after a couple of laps that continues to get longer. Livetrack 3 is amazing to watch.

I also tried Donnington, at the chicane I was only getting standing water in the braking zone about 50m short of the corner. It was the next hairpin that I was seeing a lot of standing water but it only came into play if you missed your braking point.
    The following user likes this Post: Krus Control

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Not for me at Hockenheim in the first Porsche invitational race. Once the puddles form the player car just aquaplanes at any speed and the Ai are not affected at all?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by KappaLambda View Post
    Just bought the game (before 3 days) and played about 20-30 hours. My second race was with rain, then I was lucky enough to not play in rain for a while. Yesterday though I found myself in rain conditions again.

With PORSCHE 911 GT3 R I had to race in Hockenheim with rain. The track was completely undrivable! The car was aquaplaning everywhere!!!! Even with 30 km/h!!!!
    I know this game, although my first one, is more about simulating reality but come on. There is no way a race car to aquaplane everywhere, in straights and even at low speeds. This is not real. The track was full of puddles, you couldn't avoid them except you want off road.
    In addition to this, AI didn't seem to bother from rain at all. They were overtaking me, like the run in dry ground.

I changed settings, I enabled all assists, still, nothing happened.
    Also, I am not aware of Hockenheim but it cannot have more and bigger puddles than an urban road. The road was like a lake. If you don't fix it, at least give us an option for the car to ignore puddles but not rain completely. Or at least make the AI cannot drive too.!!!

This behaviour is not close to anything real. Aquaplaning at 30 and 40 km/h is not even happening with road cars in real life. This should be considered a bug.

For tires I leave it to auto!
    I have an XBOX controller which I know is not the best, but the car loses control in straights and not in turns.
    you sure you bought the game? sounds to me like some nasty copy protection

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    It is absolutely ridiculous. For such a great simulator to get this so wrong is unforgivable. In the World X chanpionship at Sakitto round the back of the course after that puddle develops you simple cannot get through it. 20mphs and its suddenly going sideways for no reason, even going dead straight through it.

Meanwhile the bloody AI is on rails flying through it like it wasnt a thing. Totally ruins the game for me, had to turn off rules and go across the grass. Please devs go drive a real car on a track with puddles and wets.