Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Setup Requests for Consoles(pictures) Post Patch 3.0

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Shoot, I forgot to mention. We are gonna race on Sakitto Sprint layout. I'm running high 1:37s but I just did about 7-8 laps and I really am not fast.(first racing sim for me) ^^

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by V3nom View Post
    Shoot, I forgot to mention. We are gonna race on Sakitto Sprint layout. I'm running high 1:37s but I just did about 7-8 laps and I really am not fast.(first racing sim for me) ^^
    You're doing great then, the only run here is a 2:03.140 using a keyboard. Since there isn't anything to compare to in the current game I went back and looked at the times from PC1. A3broek has a 1:31.506 WR but the 6th place time is 1:36.522 so your 1:37's looks pretty good actually, most of the people are slower in PC2. If you are comfortable at 65 for the power ramp you can try 60 to see if you can improve your times a little, loose is fast if you can handle it. Otherwise you can try optimizing your tire pressures to improve and of course more practice. A long time ago when I could run the Sprint course I found the 2nd sector to be the most problematic especially the 1st uphill left and then I had to be careful because the crown of the road is huge and can force you off line(with some cars I had to increase the ride height to get through). Next the hard right toward the bridge, I almost always entered too fast there.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: V3nom

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Jesus Christ blink, you're the man!
    Thanks a lot for all your help. Our first race at Sakitto qualified me in 6th place, but keep in mind that the guys in my league are freakishly fast. Due to one incident during the second lap I got up to third place and managed to keep it till the end of the race. I even built a 15sec advantage to the fourth place.
    The second race at Fuji was sadly not so good, I let a friend of mine do the qualifying and he placed in last.. I did manage to get up some places. After 5 laps I was in 7th place but then someone behind me spun out and he hit my rear which sent me in a spin as well. I hit 1 or 2 guys being out of control and it damaged my cars aerodynamics pretty badly which made my car look like a snail on straights.
    I don't blame the guy that spun me out though, shit happens. Could have happened to anyone.
    All in all it was a great race night. I really appreciate your help man, I really learned a thing or two about tuning.
    Now I'll probably have to annoy you every week before our Saturday league race.
    Cheers blink!

Platform
    PC
    Jesus Christ blink, you're the man!
    Thanks a lot for all your help. Our first race at Sakitto qualified me in 6th place, but keep in mind that the guys in my league are freakishly fast. Due to one incident during the second lap I got up to third place and managed to keep it till the end of the race. I even built a 15sec advantage to the fourth place.
    The second race at Fuji was sadly not so good, I let a friend of mine do the qualifying and he placed in last.. I did manage to get up some places. After 5 laps I was in 7th place but then someone behind me spun out and he hit my rear which sent me in a spin as well. I hit 1 or 2 guys being out of control and it damaged my cars aerodynamics pretty badly which made my car look like a snail on straights.
    I don't blame the guy that spun me out though, shit happens. Could have happened to anyone.
    All in all it was a great race night. I really appreciate your help man, I really learned a thing or two about tuning.
    Now I'll probably have to annoy you every week before our Saturday league race.
    Cheers blink!
    Hi V3nom, glad you are having fun. Don't worry about annoying me, it's not a problem. Since I can only drive the ovals now the way I can still contribute is to help others to the best of my ability.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    If I may ask, why can you only drive the ovals now?
    Oh by the way, next race is gonna be Ochserleben(course A), Road E mustang GT vs BMW M1. I'll be driving the mustang sadly..

Platform
    PC
    If I may ask, why can you only drive the ovals now?
    Oh by the way, next race is gonna be Ochserleben(course A), Road E mustang GT vs BMW M1. I'll be driving the mustang sadly..
    I am down to 1 working arm and now my right leg has quit, so, I can press the throttle down and hold it but not press/release/press/release which you need to do to drive a road course.
    Just to make sure I have the correct car. Why the Mustang vs. M1? There is a 10 second per lap advantage for the BMW. Are you sure you didn't mean the 1 M Stanceworks BMW? Still tough but not the beast the Procar is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-01-14 06-39-32-40.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	248695
    Last edited by blinkngone; 14-01-2018 at 11:22.
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    I am down to 1 working arm and now my right leg has quit, so, I can press the throttle down and hold it but not press/release/press/release which you need to do to drive a road course.
    Sorry to hear of your predicament @blinkngone
    Bless you for your contributions.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Sorry to hear of your predicament @blinkngone
    Bless you for your contributions.
    Thanks! Life is good!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: davidt33, V3nom

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Shit man sorry. All the best wishes to you mate!
    I really appreciate your help!
    Well we are having a team championship, Ford versus BMW. It consists of 5 race nights / events. Every Saturday one event takes place so it will run for the next 4-5 weeks.
    Yesterday we had a speeding event that consisted of 2 races to determine the teams. So because of my results I got into the Ford team.
    Next Saturday race number one is taking place on Ochserleben course A.(20min qualifying and 80min race)
    The Ford team drives the mustang GT and the BMW team drives the BMW 1m coupe.
    I'm gonna give it a go in both cars today, just to see the difference. But I never races on Ochserleben..

Platform
    PC
    Shit man sorry. All the best wishes to you mate!
    I really appreciate your help!
    Well we are having a team championship, Ford versus BMW. It consists of 5 race nights / events. Every Saturday one event takes place so it will run for the next 4-5 weeks.
    Yesterday we had a speeding event that consisted of 2 races to determine the teams. So because of my results I got into the Ford team.
    Next Saturday race number one is taking place on Ochserleben course A.(20min qualifying and 80min race)
    The Ford team drives the mustang GT and the BMW team drives the BMW 1m coupe.
    I'm gonna give it a go in both cars today, just to see the difference. But I never races on Ochserleben..
    Ok, there are no tuned setups for the Mustang but the best Default Loose time is 1:42.699. Same issue here with the camber that there was before, default rear is -1.8 so again if the Mustang is too easy for you to spin then increase the camber as before. Next tire choice, ambient at Oschersleben is in the 60's and track temps in the 70's so try to get the softs working. The track is probably going to feel slick so I don't think you will be able to get any good tire temps, instead look at the pressures and then consider increasing the camber because you won't have to worry as much about overheating the tires. The ramps are at 90 in the LSD(means they are off) so if you are comfortable with the handling you can try decreasing these.
    See also the clutches at 2(minimum) and the preload at 20? There are a couple of miserable corners here, the first being the left into the over 180 at the end of Start/Finish straight and then the chicane in sector 2 because it's easy to get a penalty. Then, the right/ left beginning sector 3, master these and you gain a lot of time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-01-14 08-26-36-31.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	248696
    Last edited by blinkngone; 14-01-2018 at 12:37.