Thread: Too much waiting screens prior to race

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Too much waiting screens prior to race

Remove every single waiting screen between qualifying and race. i.imgur.com/qOB9zWB.jpg Every countdown is at least 2 min, after countdown reaches 0:00 still nothing happens and it just renames to "Waiting".

Not to mention that this waiting screen very often gets stuck and race never starts and you need to look for another lobby and do another qualifying. This bug has been reported tons of times months ago and its still not fixed

steamcommunity.com/app/378860/discussions/1/2381701715720069735/
    forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54273-There-is-a-lot-of-waiting-to-race-on-PC2

I think it's pretty safe to say as of right now that almost half of the time to race is spent staring at waiting screens. Changes need to be made.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Was hoping this was fixed, even on PCARS1 it's super annoying.

There's a lot of middle aged guys with wife and kids who just don't have a lot of time so the waiting really hurts.
    The following user likes this Post: EV3RY

Platform
    PS4
    Be patient and wait for the patch guys, I think a lot of your frustration will be dealt with.
    PS4 - Logitech G29 + Shifter - home built rig - let's race!

Platform
    PC
    I haven't had the issue where Qualifying doesn't progress to a Race myself, so can't comment on that...

With the waiting for everybody to accept, there is an option that can be set when creating a lobby, I have never tried it myself, but wouldn't this cut down on the waiting times?

RWB Racing International

Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Nah it's the load times, so time to load the track then time to exit the track etc, all adds up.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
    Nah it's the load times, so time to load the track then time to exit the track etc, all adds up.
    I can't how SMS could improve on that too much, there might be some scope, but even so...if some players have it on a slow mechanical drive, like most other MP games its going to slow it down for everybody whilst waiting for them to load in and sync up. I run it on an SSD and quite often I can be sat on the grid waiting for it to sync other players. It is what it is.

Not sure what HD is in a ps4 and of course, not sure on load times too, I have never really played games on consoles (always PC), aside from perhaps GTA on PS3, but even then I swapped out my HD to an SSD because loading times and popup was quite bad, the ssd sorted it right out.
    RWB Racing International

Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Load times. This is for offline.
    My Xbox just retired, 30s to 60s for most circuits.

New Xbox x, 10s to 30s.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    2 min is too much 1 would be fine.