Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Story of Project Cars

Platform
    PC
    The superstore over there would be super moderator here if I'm not totally off. And I have a south-park-esque avatar there.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    The superstore over there would be super moderator here if I'm not totally off. And I have a south-park-esque avatar there.
    AHA...took me some time but found ya...
    You made an indestructible impression ...
    Last edited by Konan; 01-12-2017 at 21:01.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    If you do a bit of digging in the pCARS credits or do a dev posts search, you can trace things back even further. The first time I heard of Ian Bell was back in the early 2000s when there was a fantastic GT mod for F1 challenge '99-02 (or something like that) I still have that on a CD somewhere, and names such as Ralph Hummerich who used to do brilliant F1 liveries for the same game. In the real world, there was a highly regarded Porsche 914 racer named Doug too who did some physics testing on an old game called Grand Prix Legends. These guys have form.
    i7-7700K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I remember Ralph Hummerich very well, and Doug is still with us.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 5 users likes this Post: cluck, Doug914, GTsimms, Konan, Mad LL

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Would make a great TV Documentary on the rise of SMS. Titled "I have a cunning plan"

Platform
    PC
    I was going to ask if this was the very early beta game, but I definitely recognize the graphics and especially the track lol, hail the Bolognese (look at the chicane, kerbs and everything ! it hasn't been changed almost)

edit : Okay, more digging. Is that it, John ?

Last edited by Nyreen; 01-12-2017 at 21:15.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, JohnSchoonsBeard, Mariangello

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    If you do a bit of digging in the pCARS credits or do a dev posts search, you can trace things back even further. The first time I heard of Ian Bell was back in the early 2000s when there was a fantastic GT mod for F1 challenge '99-02 (or something like that) I still have that on a CD somewhere, and names such as Ralph Hummerich who used to do brilliant F1 liveries for the same game. In the real world, there was a highly regarded Porsche 914 racer named Doug too who did some physics testing on an old game called Grand Prix Legends. These guys have form.
    That was the original GTR mod and the beginning of playing SimBin releases, for me. Best mod ever made!!!!!! My buddy always brings up the great physics work done by Doug Arnao. I still remember buying the boxed version of GTR2 at Circuit City in Torrance.
    Last edited by Deathbox_2112; 01-12-2017 at 21:13.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: bmanic, Doug914, F1_Racer68, jan.ringas, John Hargreaves, JohnSchoonsBeard

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    It began here for me

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=249418

The first builds for PC1 came out in late 2011, we had a Leonus (Lotus) 49, an Ariel Atom-alike called the nuke, an LMP1 car and maybe the Formula B I think. We had the Bologna (Imola) track and one or two other things. I was hooked within five minutes, been here ever since.
    Superb link!

One of the reasons I wanted to bring this topic to the forefront is bugs. People go crazy over bugs and patching. Bugs suck. Waiting for patches sucks. But when people say they trust SMS they do so with good reason. From its inception, Project CARS has been about giving racers what they want. It would be incredibly out of character for SMS to ignore patching issues and tweaking balance.

Project CARS is by its very nature, in a constant state of moving from one build to the next. Learn to embrace SMS’ patch and balance process and you will be rewarded for it. Project CARS is never really finished in a sense.

And those folks who have been with this project for a LONG time know this game is almost a living entity. It changes and grows based upon our support, needs, and even angry demands.

We aren’t just a community of fanbois. Some of us take ownership in the project itself.

I wish Bandai Namco would market that aspect of the game more or that SMS would work the project into the game itself in some way so it would have to be marketed. It really is something special SMS does. Something many sim racers have waited decades to see.

Some people don’t realize that when they don’t like PC2, they don’t like a racer built BY and FOR sim racers. It really does strive to be the game the community demands. It is why the devs appear on these forums. It is why people get defensive when the devs are treated unfairly. They do listen. More than that, they interact. Communicate like mature adults and help make the game better. That is how it has always worked. That is the Project in Project CARS.
    Last edited by WellRED Barron; 01-12-2017 at 21:49.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I think some might understand now why we are defensive at times, it's because we have been here since it's conception and watched it grow.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That is absolutely amazing! What a story that is.
    My setup: Xbox One X, LG OLED 65" 4K tv, Thrustmaster TX base, F599XX EVO 30 wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA-PRO pedals, Logitec keyboard, DSD adapter, Isotta aftermarket rim, Jamo 5.1 Surround system!
    The following user likes this Post: WellRED Barron