Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The Story of Project Cars

Platform
    PC
    As many others have already said, the names Ian Bell, Andy Garton, Rod Chong, Stephen Viljeon, Dr. Stephen Baysted, Doug Arnao, Casey Ringley, etc. were well known to me many years ago.

I have been an avid, even OCD, Sim Racer since the days of "Indianapolis 500: The Simulation", that led to NASCAR Racing from Papyrus, which eventually got me involved in Microprose Grand Prix and Grand Prix 2, and eventually into Sports Car racing with Sports Car GT from EA/ISI. That's where GT style racing became my main focus.

A few years later this amazing Sim called GTR came along, which was eventually followed by GT Legends and then GTR2. So yes, I have known many of these names for a long time.

As a die hard fan of GTL and GTR2, when I heard that the bulk of the team responsible for those games were invovled in a new hardcore sim project, you better believe I was all over getting as much info about it as I could. Sadly, I missed out on the first WMD, and when WMD2 was announced, I was not financially able to participate. But during the original WMD, this forum already launched, and was open to some level to the general public. I signed up for forum access in 2012, and followed the development of pCARS1 with immense interest. I've spent so much time on this forum, and read so many posts from SMS members, WMD members, moderators and regular members like myself, that I feel have gotten to know a lot of you. This forum has almost become my second home.

One thing is for sure, if there is a WMD3, I will be joining it for sure. I don't care what it takes on my part, I will make it happen.

This team is the best in the business when it comes to this genre of gaming. Not only are they clearly as obsessed wth motorsports as I am, but they are also the most open and responsive develpment team I have ever encountered. No other team has ever had so many of their members active on hteir own forums, let aone on 3rd party forums. Ian's participation on GTPLanet prior to the launch of PC2, as well as several other SMS members (who shall remain nameless) were and still are incredibly active and responsive there and in other forums as well.

It's one of the main reasons I am and will always be a fan of this series, and this dev team.

Long live Project CARS!!
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 05-12-2017 at 03:00.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Very similar to the Op, my very first car game was Stunts 4d sports driving then unto indy 500, the entire series of Microprose GP, Sports Car GT, GTR series, GT Legends, NFS shift 2 (1 was not that great), and ever since the Legendary Project Cars 1 launch, i have been very happy and satisfied at the direction P.Cars is going. This weekend that just passed, there was the AthensCon 2017 in Greece, which i went and Sony (Ian Bell, it would be amazing to have setup a Project Cars booth at this con, i would love to arrange such a thing for next year if possible!) had setup a booth with Grand Turismo Sport, 4 setups with racing chair, wheel&pedals and 1 setup with VR but that was with a gamepad rather than wheel setup. I took on the wheel setup and they put me on Interlagos with the Lambo Huracan, after 3 laps i was missing P. Cars 2 experience full time. I appreciate all your effort Ian Bell and crew as well as the community here. This sim is absolutely amazing and has an amazing foundation. Thank's a whole lot for all the goosebumps and smiles and more to come
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GTsimms, JohnSchoonsBeard, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post

One thing is for sure, if there is a WMD3, I will be joining it for sure. I don't care what it takes on my part, I will make it happen.

Long live Project CARS!!
    WMD3: we're in the same boat

Long live Project Cars or better said: a Live long Project Cars
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, Fanatec SQ1.5 H shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim, TH8A shifter
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    I have been an avid, even OCD, Sim Racer since the days of "Indianapolis 500: The Simulation", that led to NASCAR Racing from Papyrus,
    Whenever anybody mentions Papyrus, this pops into my head

Quote Originally Posted by Indycar Racing Menu Screen
    Hi, I'm Paul Page. From Papyrus, this is Indycar Racing!
    I can hear the voice in my head right now
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 7 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GTsimms, HockeyNick30, Konan, Mad LL, PostBox981, Rober

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Whenever anybody mentions Papyrus, this pops into my head

I can hear the voice in my head right now
    Yup! That one was a big part of my collection as well. In fact, I still have my copy.

https://youtu.be/PFBCl5jT5jM
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 05-12-2017 at 13:08.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: HockeyNick30, poirqc

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiyah View Post
    This weekend that just passed, there was the AthensCon 2017 in Greece, which i went and Sony (Ian Bell, it would be amazing to have setup a Project Cars booth at this con, i would love to arrange such a thing for next year if possible!)
    If anything like that ever happens, please give me a PM heads up!
    The following user likes this Post: Fiyah

Platform
    PC
    Consider it done
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    XBOX1
    Fantastic. Makes me appreciate the series even more! I jumped from a little title called "NASCAR Racing 2003 Season" to "GTR2", and my sim racing trajectory was changed permanently at that point (from ovals to road courses.) Kudos to all involved!
    The following user likes this Post: F1_Racer68

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yup! That one was a big part of my collection as well. In fact, I still have my copy.

https://youtu.be/PFBCl5jT5jM
    Those times when the unlock password was something from the booklet!
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 90/32/60/5
    The following 4 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, GTsimms, jan.ringas, sas5320

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Amazing! Didn't suspect at all the story behind the scene.
    This is my very first sim racing despite my late 40's, tried GT sport with a controller, had some fun but that's all, then bumped into pcars2 n was so hooked that after a week I decided to buy Season pass and equip my-self with proper fanatec rig, money do not rain over me, but I felt that was the right thing to do atm, and now the game experience is mind blowing to me, even if I play at 0 AI and often meet the walls lol. Btw I just gave a try to rally X, walls are feeling even harder but I can smell so much fun!
    I'm too old to believe in coincidence and now that I know a bit more of the context and mindset of people behind this, I'm glad to had this urge to immerse myself more into this, really precious to see in this crazy money money world.
    Thank you for this thread, it gives really useful perspective!
    Last edited by Jetsun; 14-01-2018 at 20:14.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: BrainsBush, F1_Racer68, Invincible, John Hargreaves, Konan, McKiernan, PostBox981