Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    +1

Graphs on suspensions would be great ! Maybe one day I will be able to set-up my suspension by myself.
    During the monitoring, it could be also useful to see in the main dash window different color appear for the outer, central and inner tire casing temperatures.
    It can be useful parameter to set-up the camber I think.

Quote Originally Posted by taos227 View Post
    Hi,

Ehm, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but aren't the labels for the Rear Right and Rear Left mixed up in the Tyre analysis window? If I look at the numbers and compare them to the graphs it certainly does seem so. And it seems logical as well... you have Front Left / Front Right... so probably it should be Rear Left / Rear Right as well...?

Also, not sure if the API makes this possible, but it would be great if we could have graphs on suspension as well... ride height, suspension travel, things like that. As it is now I see no way to check bottoming out and suspension behavior. Just wondering if there is anything in the pipeline for that...?

Otherwise, great app and actually I have the same question as the previous poster... donation made, "Car Setup" still not activated.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by LaManchaah; 28-12-2017 at 13:02.
    Frédř de la Manchŕ AKA LaManchaah
    Rust Bucketts and Chilly Beans Drivers' Union CEO- France
    Why do engineers confuse Halloween and Xmas ? Because Oct 31 = Dec 31.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    A bit lost. I’m trying to view telemetry. The save telemetry box is checked but theres never anything in the analysis window to view. I can watch data live in race engineer but cant figure out how to get that data to telemetry analysis.

Also everytime I restart the program i have to go into settings and switch back to udp mode, is that normal?

I also cant change log level and the first button is greyed out, normal?

In fact none of my settings seem to persist. An issue with a preference file or something?

Uninstalled and reinstalled, problem solved.
    Last edited by z3r0cool77; 06-01-2018 at 08:21.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LaManchaah View Post
    Hi Mikey !

Congratulations, I love your app.
    I've installed vrHive and it works really good with PCars2. But in the same time, I've donated few bucks via Paypal, and the "Car Setups" tile is still not activated.
    Do you know if it need a lot of time to be activated and how many time as well, or if this option should have been activated as soon as the payment was done ?

Many thanks for your help ! Have a nice day.
    Me too

Platform
    PC
    General donation activation:
    I don't have any fancy system here (open to advise on any I could use though). When I get a donation notification I'll sit down, make a note in a spreadsheet and send an email with an attached activation file. As I travel a lot with work, I can't always keep on top of these and when I'm busy, I often don't get chance to check at all. There are a few reasons I won't go into, but I've been very slow at getting these emails out over the last few months. It also appears that there is an issue with the activation method too for some people that I still haven't got to the bottom of. Please just bear with me.

Quote Originally Posted by taos227 View Post
    Hi,

Ehm, not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but aren't the labels for the Rear Right and Rear Left mixed up in the Tyre analysis window? If I look at the numbers and compare them to the graphs it certainly does seem so. And it seems logical as well... you have Front Left / Front Right... so probably it should be Rear Left / Rear Right as well...?

Also, not sure if the API makes this possible, but it would be great if we could have graphs on suspension as well... ride height, suspension travel, things like that. As it is now I see no way to check bottoming out and suspension behavior. Just wondering if there is anything in the pipeline for that...
    I'll check the L/R as it does often confuse me. IIRC the API goes FL, FR, RR, RL and not the more logical FL, FR, RL, RR. Suspension wise there is little on the old PC1 API. After the disappointment of feedback from SMS on PC2s API, I've not looked at what's available in any depth, nor what's change since release (I understand a bit did change). I'm still planning on looking at supporting PC2 properly, and if there are additional suspension values, I'll leverage and expose them where I can.

Quote Originally Posted by markturner View Post
    Hi Mike, I have just downloaded this and would like to donate, but clicking on the donate section in the main GUI does not lead me anywhere to do this...?
    It should popup a little window with some additional info and then at the bottom is a donation link. I'm not sure why you don't see that. There is also a donate link on the OP of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by markturner View Post
    Another couple of quickies - firstly, how do I save laps , I use mostly private practice, but would like a record of my times kept somewhere,, where are these kept and how do you do this?

Second, I really like the live delta readout, the best bit for me and to be honest I am amazed the game does not have this implemented like you have. The only disadvantage is that its not on screen, I run the app on another monitor and looking away to check causes issues as you may imagine.....Can I run the app on an android device which I could maybe place on my wheel or something?

And can I isolate or enlarge the live delta readout so its easier to read on a small screen?

Thanks!
    Saving the laps for future analysis is enabled by default, but is selectable by ticking the "Save telemetry data for analysis" option in Settings -> Core Features. As you complete the laps, these get recorded by default against the car/track combo for review in the analysis section.
    At present I'm not actively looking at a mobile version. I was looking at a Windows Phone version, but after a few trials I was getting too many issues and it was taking too long to learn. I'm not sure if it's possible to cast apps to Android, but worst case if you had an old laptop/desktop you could RDP from Android to that and then display the dash that way (clunky, but workable).

Quote Originally Posted by LaManchaah View Post
    +1

Graphs on suspensions would be great ! Maybe one day I will be able to set-up my suspension by myself.
    During the monitoring, it could be also useful to see in the main dash window different color appear for the outer, central and inner tire casing temperatures.
    It can be useful parameter to set-up the camber I think.
    When I look at the PC2 API, I'll see if all of the tyre temps were converted to IMO values.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,

I am new to using vrHive. I am trying to find a way to get a graph where you will have HP/Torque vs RPM so I can look at the information. I can't figure it out what to do. I would appreciate any instruction that will help me get the graph. One more thing i should mention is that i completed a few sessions driving a Formula Rookie in one circuit of my own choice. and I was able to load the session data in the vrHive but the graph is not loaded. I don't know what went wrong.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    General donation activation:
    I don't have any fancy system here (open to advise on any I could use though). When I get a donation notification I'll sit down, make a note in a spreadsheet and send an email with an attached activation file. As I travel a lot with work, I can't always keep on top of these and when I'm busy, I often don't get chance to check at all. There are a few reasons I won't go into, but I've been very slow at getting these emails out over the last few months. It also appears that there is an issue with the activation method too for some people that I still haven't got to the bottom of. Please just bear with me.

I'll check the L/R as it does often confuse me. IIRC the API goes FL, FR, RR, RL and not the more logical FL, FR, RL, RR. Suspension wise there is little on the old PC1 API. After the disappointment of feedback from SMS on PC2s API, I've not looked at what's available in any depth, nor what's change since release (I understand a bit did change). I'm still planning on looking at supporting PC2 properly, and if there are additional suspension values, I'll leverage and expose them where I can.

It should popup a little window with some additional info and then at the bottom is a donation link. I'm not sure why you don't see that. There is also a donate link on the OP of this thread.

Saving the laps for future analysis is enabled by default, but is selectable by ticking the "Save telemetry data for analysis" option in Settings -> Core Features. As you complete the laps, these get recorded by default against the car/track combo for review in the analysis section.
    At present I'm not actively looking at a mobile version. I was looking at a Windows Phone version, but after a few trials I was getting too many issues and it was taking too long to learn. I'm not sure if it's possible to cast apps to Android, but worst case if you had an old laptop/desktop you could RDP from Android to that and then display the dash that way (clunky, but workable).

When I look at the PC2 API, I'll see if all of the tyre temps were converted to IMO values.
    Hi MikeTT,
    Tha's a good news, but would be great to get this activation file... I made donation almost 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting for it. I made it to get especially to have the suspension analysis... and I must wait for that.. Thanks to do it when you can ;-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbyria View Post
    Hello,

I am new to using vrHive. I am trying to find a way to get a graph where you will have HP/Torque vs RPM so I can look at the information. I can't figure it out what to do. I would appreciate any instruction that will help me get the graph. One more thing i should mention is that i completed a few sessions driving a Formula Rookie in one circuit of my own choice. and I was able to load the session data in the vrHive but the graph is not loaded. I don't know what went wrong.
    Probably your best option is to export to a spreadsheet and analyze the data there. I don't think there's any way to get an HP/torque curve natively in vrHive.
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PC
    I have just recently moved to PC so I thought I would look at the shared memory option as some of the apps I am thinking of using use this only.

So in Options > System I turned Shared Memory on by picking Pcars1 fired up a custom race, changed Vrhive to shared memory API Access Method, clicked connect data source and the usual vrhive screen was displayed but I get no information. The status bar at the bottom just says waiting for game data

UDP works fine, I can ping the laptop from the machine that is playing Pcars, no windows firewall being used and other firewalls temp disabled

Could anybody give me any pointers

Thanks
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,
    One question... in the CAR SETUP menu is there any possibility to modify or erase a DEFAULT CAR SETUP ? I can't find the option or the file on HDD. If somebody has a solution. Thks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbyria View Post
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Probably your best option is to export to a spreadsheet and analyze the data there. I don't think there's any way to get an HP/torque curve natively in vrHive.
    From the chart menu in the telemetry section you can enable the BHP/Torque chart. However if you're running in shared memory mode, this will be blank. Only the UDP method includes the additional fields for this. Spreadsheet data is also a very good idea, as that allows you to chart it up how you want and with the RPM data overlayed if you felt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    I have just recently moved to PC so I thought I would look at the shared memory option as some of the apps I am thinking of using use this only.
    So in Options > System I turned Shared Memory on by picking Pcars1 fired up a custom race, changed Vrhive to shared memory API Access Method, clicked connect data source and the usual vrhive screen was displayed but I get no information. The status bar at the bottom just says waiting for game data
    UDP works fine, I can ping the laptop from the machine that is playing Pcars, no windows firewall being used and other firewalls temp disabled
    Could anybody give me any pointers
    Thanks
    Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. The shared memory is a method of directly accessing the memory that is written to on the PC running pCars. The game writes to this memory area and I can read it, but only if vrHive is running on the same PC. This is why the consoles had to use the UDP memory, as you don't get local access. You could run vrHive on your PC that's running pCars and then put that into server mode (vrHive setting). Your remote laptop can then be in client mode (vrHive setting) and you can access the data that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jed40 View Post
    Hi,
    One question... in the CAR SETUP menu is there any possibility to modify or erase a DEFAULT CAR SETUP ? I can't find the option or the file on HDD. If somebody has a solution. Thks
    Erase, no, but modify yes, but with a small catch. You have to have a setup that uses the default car setup you want to edit, so the menu is exposed. On the car setup, right click and the ability to then edit the default setup will be shown:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defaultedit.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	249697

Just as a side note, please do not ever edit the vrHive files directly. The data is generally held in a database, but you can right royally break things if you edit this directly. I've lost count how many times I've broken things while I've been testing.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt
    The following 2 users likes this Post: inthebagbud, Schnizz58