Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Brilliant, thanks! I've just started with one lcd, but will try to expand it. Now I just need to find some extra hours to add to the normal day

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    Dyno chart eh? I'll have a think about how/where to put that. Logically you don't just throw a dyno chart with lap data, as it should be static, but it won't due to throttle position. What might be more useful is to have this tied in with the shift warning lights on the car dash setup. Potentially you'll need to do a "run" on a long straight somewhere to get accurate data. But I'm not sure given the data is taken directly from the car and not via a rolling road, as you would normally get.
    Sounds like you've got some ideas forming

Anything that can help me figure out what my shift points are, after I tweak ratios etc

Basically, a way to know what my tweaks to the car have done to my shift points. A graph with 2 lines: HP, and Torque, mapped along the RPM on the hori

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinnPaget View Post
    Sounds like you've got some ideas forming

Anything that can help me figure out what my shift points are, after I tweak ratios etc

Basically, a way to know what my tweaks to the car have done to my shift points. A graph with 2 lines: HP, and Torque, mapped along the RPM on the hori
    I do, but you've just highlighted the issue. How do I do the calculation? Based on what data?

I dyno'd my car and I get a nice graph, but the run was done on WoT and in a controlled environment. It was also done in 4th gear, as that's a 1:1 ratio. Here's the chart for ref, because I'm sure you've never seen a dyno before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dyno Curves - Mike & Ian.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	250882

Trying to grab the data from someone who is running around a circuit is going to be tricky. I could look at grabbing the data from a test track with strict instructions, e.g. Choose Mojave Cougar Ridge, goto the start of the banking and do a 1st gear start (from slow rolling) right up to the red live. Then slow to a crawl and do the same in 2nd, 3rd, etc. That way I'd be able to see bhp/torque data against the gear you're in and the RPM you're at. That way I can build up both a dyno chart and a torque/rpm chart. If memory serves the API gives us engine torque, so it' snot possible to actual transmitted torque. We'd need access to the gear ratio and final drive to derive that. Possible I could provide a manual input to that, or if you have a corresponding car setup to the data capture run, then I can use that.

As you can see below, this is how I've worked out my car. It's not a good example as the torque curve is pretty flat, but it gives you an idea.

Name:	Transmitted Torque.jpg 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	250884

Getting complicated. Let me see what I can do and I'll come back to you. I have a bigger issue with having to switch over to EntityFramework from the Telerik OpenAccess tools for the database, so I need to spend some time trying to understand that unfortunately.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt
    The following user likes this Post: SpinnPaget

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Damn, you have put some thought into it! (This is what I love about this type of sim, the ability to dig into the minutiae like this )

As just a basic proof-of-concept, what if you just graphed RPM, BHP, and Torque as 3 lines (perhaps a 4th line showing gear), where the x-axis is the lap? Then it becomes an exercise for the user to see the RPMs where the BHP and Torque lines intersect, rather than you having to figure out how to translate that into the nice charts you've shown here.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinnPaget View Post
    Damn, you have put some thought into it! (This is what I love about this type of sim, the ability to dig into the minutiae like this )

As just a basic proof-of-concept, what if you just graphed RPM, BHP, and Torque as 3 lines (perhaps a 4th line showing gear), where the x-axis is the lap? Then it becomes an exercise for the user to see the RPMs where the BHP and Torque lines intersect, rather than you having to figure out how to translate that into the nice charts you've shown here.
    BHP/Torque & RPM over time as the x-axis would be really simple actually. You do have this today, but just not in the same chart. I've just used the menu option to remove the other charts and then re-ordered the remaining around to get the following. This is just a quick lap from a Sauber C9 @ Oulton Park Intl:

Name:	vrHive_bhp-rpm.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	250908
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    The following 2 users likes this Post: jimmyb_84, SpinnPaget

Platform
    XBOX1
    hello, i used vrhive back in the first Pcars game and decided to start using it agian for this game today. So i redownloaded it but i keep getting these error messages Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	101 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	251450 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	101 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	251451 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	251452 It seems like i had this issue once before but its been so long i cant remember what fixed it. Seems like you gave me another download link from the one one the first page or something but i just cant rememeber exactly. I dont see it listed as something my fire wall is stopping or anything. Any help would be appreciated. windows 10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    hello, i used vrhive back in the first Pcars game and decided to start using it agian for this game today. So i redownloaded it but i keep getting these error messages ... It seems like i had this issue once before but its been so long i cant remember what fixed it. Seems like you gave me another download link from the one one the first page or something but i just cant rememeber exactly. I dont see it listed as something my fire wall is stopping or anything. Any help would be appreciated. windows 10
    You've not said what you were doing, but it's calling ReadLicenseStatus, which means it's on startup. Just remove the following two files from %ProgramData%\MikeyTT\vrHive
    - vrHiveFeature.status
    - vrHiveLicense.status

If you start vrHive again then these files will get recreated cleanly

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    You've not said what you were doing, but it's calling ReadLicenseStatus, which means it's on startup. Just remove the following two files from %ProgramData%\MikeyTT\vrHive
    - vrHiveFeature.status
    - vrHiveLicense.status

If you start vrHive again then these files will get recreated cleanly
    thank you, everything is working now.
    The following user likes this Post: MikeyTT

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi, I'm trying to use an Arduino Nano to interpret vrHive's output, and then display it on different displays. Having some trouble though, not sure if it's my almost complete lack of knowledge about serial communications, com ports etc, or what the issue is.
    In short, I can't get the Arduino to receive anything from vrHive, it seems.

I'm testing this with Serial Monitor open in Arduino (1.8.5) on Win 10. Maybe I can't do that and have the Arduino Nano read from vrHive at the same time? Because sometimes it says "Port busy"?
    If I write something in Serial Monitor, the program returns the value as expected. But it doesn't seem to receive anything else. The code is supposed to Serial.println all received lines, separated by /n character.

Any pointers in correct direction would be greatly appreciated!

My setup:
    Win 10 laptop with vrHive. This receives data from Xbox, no issues there.
    In vrHive's App settings, I've enabled Arduino / Serial port, see pic:

Name:	comport1.jpg 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	252127

But the dropdown where Port is selected, is empty (or so it seems):

Name:	comport2.PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	3.7 KB 
ID:	252128

But it says Port connected, and if I doubleclick there, it shows "COM 3" (which is the correct port):

Name:	comport3.PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	252129

My program:
    I started with Gary Swallows ArDASHuino, but couldn't get it to work fully, so I thought I'd start (and learn) from basic. This is current testprogram:

// Variables

String inputString = ""; // a String to hold incoming data
    boolean stringComplete = false; // whether the string is complete

//setup

void setup()
    {
    //Create Serial Object

// initialize serial:
    Serial.begin(115200);
    Serial.println("Ready to go!");

}

// Loop start

void loop() {
    // print the string when a newline arrives:
    if (stringComplete) {
    Serial.print("Data received: ");
    Serial.println(inputString);
    // clear the string:
    inputString = "";
    stringComplete = false;
    }
    }

/*
    SerialEvent occurs whenever a new data comes in the hardware serial RX. This
    routine is run between each time loop() runs, so using delay inside loop can
    delay response. Multiple bytes of data may be available.
    */

void serialEvent() {
    while (Serial.available()) {
    // get the new byte:
    char inChar = (char)Serial.read();
    // add it to the inputString:
    inputString += inChar;
    // if the incoming character is a newline, set a flag so the main loop can
    // do something about it:
    if (inChar == '\n') {
    stringComplete = true;
    }
    }
    }
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Platform
    PC
    I'm hoping Gary may step in here, as I haven't really done much with the Arduino side of things. I checked basic connectivity, but that's it.

However I've just thrown the code into my IDE and I can't see where you call the serialEvent code to even look at the COM port? It looks to me like it's hitting the "if (stringComplete)", which will be false and then just looping around this really quickly. Should you have a call to serialEvent before the "if" check?

Maybe try this to see if it works, as it just condenses it all down to a shorter loop:
    Code:
    // Loop start
    void loop() {
        while (Serial.available()) {
            // get the new byte:
            char inChar = (char)Serial.read();
            // add it to the inputString:

if (inChar == '\n') {
                Serial.print("Data received: ");
                Serial.println(inputString);
                // clear the string:
                inputString = "";
            }
            else {
                // only add the character if it's not an end line
                inputString += inChar;
            }
        }
    }