Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hey Mikey, thanks! I'll try that. Although, as I understand, serialEvent() is a special function that gets called automatically inside loop(). And it works if I send something from the serial monitor to the Arduino. That then gets processed by the script, and returns "Data received: (inputString)". But I'm really in the deep end here, learning as I go.

However, I'll probably go back to Garys ArDASHuino and dissect it again

So the vrHive settings seems right? The text not showing in the dropdown box is ok?
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Gary, if you see this you get a free ice cream
    The check for a serial connection in ArDASHuino fails, IIUC.
    This part should return comms=1 if there is connection, otherwise comms=0. I get comms=0, with PC2 running on Xbox, vrHive on Win 10 (receiving and displaying data) and Arduino com port activated in vrHive.

Don't know why it fails, or where to look.
    If I open a Serial monitor on the laptop, and start sending numbers, I get comms=1.

code from Garys ArDASHuino below:
    byte commsTest()
    {if (Serial.available() > 0)
    {comms = 1;
    }
    else
    {comms = 0;
    }
    return;
    }
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Hey Mikey, thanks! I'll try that. Although, as I understand, serialEvent() is a special function that gets called automatically inside loop(). And it works if I send something from the serial monitor to the Arduino. That then gets processed by the script, and returns "Data received: (inputString)". But I'm really in the deep end here, learning as I go.

However, I'll probably go back to Garys ArDASHuino and dissect it again

So the vrHive settings seems right? The text not showing in the dropdown box is ok?
    You may be right on the serialEvent, I've really only dabbled very briefly in the Arduino side. On the text not showing, then I don't think that's right. I know I had a few display issues related to COM Port enumeration actually. I'll have a quick look on my dev box tomorrow and see if I see the same.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Platform
    PC
    A project existed to change the appearance of certain elements. An update for soon ? Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TX3 Slawek View Post
    A project existed to change the appearance of certain elements. An update for soon ? Thanks
    Sorry, but I'm not sure what elements you're referencing.
    Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    MikeyTT (or anyone else), did you get a chance to look at the UI display, when connecting to a com port?
    I haven't had time to continue my project, but in order to do so I need to get UDP working correctly to the Arduino. Atm, I'm not sure where my problem lies.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have a problem after updating to the newest version of the app.

The update seems to have worked but when I try to open vrHive I get a popup saying "Verifying app requirements. This may take a few moments" and it disappears after 1-2 seconds, then nothing.

Tried restarting my PC, uninstalling vrHive and re-downloading from here vrhive.co.uk, allowed and blocked in firewall, checked my .Net Framework version and it is already up to date (4.7.2), nothing worked. I have just noticed ClickOnce hanging around in my task manager after the popup has gone, not sure if that is connected.

Haven't used vrHive in a few months, not sure what version I had installed but I'm pretty sure it loaded up completely yesterday, (as in loaded to the "vrHive main menu") when it asked me if I wanted to update, obviously, I clicked yes.
    I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated. I feel like this is a problem with .Net Framework problem though but can't find a fix.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    MikeyTT (or anyone else), did you get a chance to look at the UI display, when connecting to a com port?
    I haven't had time to continue my project, but in order to do so I need to get UDP working correctly to the Arduino. Atm, I'm not sure where my problem lies.
    I did have a quick look, and the UI for me did occasionally show a blank port name, but the data behind that I actually use for the COM port connection was still correct.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHEDDAH View Post
    I have a problem after updating to the newest version of the app.

The update seems to have worked but when I try to open vrHive I get a popup saying "Verifying app requirements. This may take a few moments" and it disappears after 1-2 seconds, then nothing.

Tried restarting my PC, uninstalling vrHive and re-downloading from here vrhive.co.uk, allowed and blocked in firewall, checked my .Net Framework version and it is already up to date (4.7.2), nothing worked. I have just noticed ClickOnce hanging around in my task manager after the popup has gone, not sure if that is connected.

Haven't used vrHive in a few months, not sure what version I had installed but I'm pretty sure it loaded up completely yesterday, (as in loaded to the "vrHive main menu") when it asked me if I wanted to update, obviously, I clicked yes.
    I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated. I feel like this is a problem with .Net Framework problem though but can't find a fix.
    I've not released an update in quite a while, so not sure why you should be asked this recently to update. Best thing to do is to remove vrHive from Programs/Features (leave the data alone) and then re-install from a new downloaded setup. That will guarantee you're on the latest version. Where it's failing sounds like it's actually in the ClickOnce side of things, so if you're still experiencing problems, we're into digging through Windows event logs to find the issue.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    I did have a quick look, and the UI for me did occasionally show a blank port name, but the data behind that I actually use for the COM port connection was still correct.
    Ok, thanks! I've been waiting 3 months for parts from China, but the last parts should come tomorrow, so I'll take another look at it then.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyTT View Post
    I've not released an update in quite a while, so not sure why you should be asked this recently to update. Best thing to do is to remove vrHive from Programs/Features (leave the data alone) and then re-install from a new downloaded setup. That will guarantee you're on the latest version. Where it's failing sounds like it's actually in the ClickOnce side of things, so if you're still experiencing problems, we're into digging through Windows event logs to find the issue.
    So I downloaded a .net repair tool but that didn't find any problems so I just removed vrHive and shutdown my pc for the night. Tried to reinstall it now and it seems to work fine.
    I'm baffled but yeah, great app anyway I'm happy I can use it again, props to you sir. ;D