Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980

Thread: [PC/XB1/PS4] vrHive - Dashes/Telemetry/Live Data/Arduino/Client-Server/+more

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Got it working now, with another Arduino Nano. Not sure why, but at least it works Thanks!

Do you have any plans to implement the API version 2?
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread

Platform
    PS4
    Used this for the first time today in a league race. When I pit after the fuel alert is shown, is it possible to be able to remove that window after I've pitted or manually?

Platform
    PS4
    For another suggestion, I like to know when I'm supposed to pit and how much fuel I need. However, the outlap shows a negative number of fuel which screws up the fuel number. Is it possible to change that negative to pit out and exclude that lap from the calculations?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hello MikeyTT,

First of all congratulations for this amazing application.

I' been a bit away from simracing, but now that i'm starting to race again I' like to put VrHive to work.

When I try to run the app, I get this error in the image, even after downloading the setup.exe again and running app/setup with administative rights I get the same error. Could you give me some help ?

Thank you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VRHIVE.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	258911
    The following user likes this Post: Apoc112

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi all! First of all, this application is suuuuuuuch a f.cking awesome addition for any vrRacer out there Thanks for the effort to put it together

But... I have a small problem, and I dont know where to go to... so I play pCars2 on PS4 and I use a laptop to run vrHive. I made the connection, and it logged quiet a lot of my sessions. This week PS recived a new update, and it happens, that I go out on a free practice and all the data is flowing correctly. I do a 30minute run and head back to the pit, to adjust this and that. The problem comes here, because when I head out again to test the new setup, no data is recorded. I dont know if it is a problem, but I tried to reconnect the application again, and also tried to get off from the network and log in again. Can somebody help out a fellow racer?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    problems so that it works with ps4

I ask you how do you make it work, I have my ps4 the vrhive program on a pc all connected to the same lan cable, but I can not get the program to work, you can detail how you did or how you configured it to work, thanks

Platform
    PC
    Sorry, but I don't know why I didn't get a notification about these new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by overkill_pt View Post
    Hello MikeyTT,

First of all congratulations for this amazing application.

I' been a bit away from simracing, but now that i'm starting to race again I' like to put VrHive to work.

When I try to run the app, I get this error in the image, even after downloading the setup.exe again and running app/setup with administative rights I get the same error. Could you give me some help ?

Thank you

Name:	VRHIVE.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	258911
    It's an issue with Windows that's easily fixed if you follow this guidance: https://superuser.com/questions/1252...ngs-windows-10

Quote Originally Posted by davidzeus201533 View Post
    problems so that it works with ps4

I ask you how do you make it work, I have my ps4 the vrhive program on a pc all connected to the same lan cable, but I can not get the program to work, you can detail how you did or how you configured it to work, thanks
    Have a look at this quick start video. If both devices (PS4/laptop) are on the same network then this will get you up and running, assuming you didn't sort it a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Yc9XQz3f8

In other news. The last couple of years have been interesting, challenging and my focus has been elsewhere. But vrHive hasn't been abandoned. I've been back at the development altar recently and the changes are coming along nicely. Two big changes are coming and one is a slight direction change.

1) Bored with the same dash layouts? Want to create your own?

I'm working on a full dash editor, so you can add gauges, text, images, etc. So far I've been working on getting the editor to do what I want, so aligning, adding controls, presenting properties to change. When that's all sorted properly, then I can look at just add in the controls and you'll have a slightly fuller control toolbox to choose from.

Here is a very rough and ready (hence dodgy icons at the top) work in progress:

Name:	dash editing.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	269285

2) Some of you may know that I race in real life. A few years back (prior to vrHive) I started using a datalogger. I've had some issue with it recently an I've been mulling over upgrading it or replacing it.

Name:	IMG_0168a.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	269286

Now with a bit of electronics knowledge I can take many of the core components of a datalogger and build that up using the Arduino platform. I can also log to an SDCard, so I just need to decide on a data format. I can then modify vrHive to take an input from a file based datasource and hey presto I have a home-brew datalogger and visualisation application pairing. I can then extend to suit exactly what I want.

I also have a LattePanda (tiny Win10 PC) with a 10" display, which I could take a live data stream from the Arduino and then display onto a vrHive dash. One side effect of making vrHive support more than pCars is that it will become easier to support other racing games. I have been doing a little more in Assetto Corsa recently, so that may well be high on the list to support.

Now with all things, I have a busy day job, I have the racing to keep me occupied and a myriad of other things, so getting time to develop is always a stretch. One caveat: This won't be ready soon. The 2nd part I'm aiming for it being ready over the winter as that's when I'll rip down the car and build it up with this stuff. The dash editor I'm hoping to release sooner though.

Anyway, I'll leave you for now with the footage from my r/l Oulton race a couple of weeks ago

Processor: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.6GHz Mainboard: Asus Maximus VI Memory: 32GB DDR3 Videocard: MSI 980ti Motherboard Sound/Headphones: Creative SB Z + M/B Sound for SimVibe / Onkyo 5.1 Surround + Astro A50 Headphones Monitors: 3 x Asus 27" VN279H PSU: OCZ ZX1250W Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair Gaming K70 RBG / Logitech G700 Mouse Gamepad/Wheel: Fanatec CSWv2 + BMW Rim, Fanatex CSPv2, Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 OS: Win7 Ult x64 Storage: 256GB SSD + 3TB HDD
    Resolution: 5040x1080@60Hz Texture Res: High Texture Filter: 4x V-Sync: No AA: MSAA4x FXAA & SMAA: Off Reflections: Low Vehicle Detail: Ultra World Detail: High Shadow Detail: Low Motion Blur: None
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Forum Page: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nt-Server-more
    My vrHive Telemetry and Dash App (PC/PS4/XB1) - Web Site: www.vrhive.co.uk
    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TR7V8Mike?feature=mhee
    My Twitch Channel: http://www.twitch.tv/mikeytt
    The following 3 users likes this Post: jimmyb_84, Maskmagog, yedy_caceres