Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec Product Compatibility on PS4

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Fanatec Product Compatibility on PS4

It's pretty clear on the Fanatec website that the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 is the right wheel and base to get for the PS4, but I'm really confused by the whole "PS4 READY" labeling they have on the other steering wheels.

For example, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR is labeled "PS4 READY". What does that mean, exactly? How is that different than the PS4 branded wheel that comes with the CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4?

Does anyone have any experience running a Fanatec combo like CSL Elite Racing Wheel PS4 + Porsche 918 RSR? What's it like?
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE – Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    All that PS4 Ready means is that if the rim is attached to the CSLE-PS4 base it will function on the console.

I don't have the Porsche rim, but do have the BMW GT2 and Formula Carbon... and they are both fantastic. The 918 RSR is supposed to be awesome, the build quality on the ClubSport rims is just godly.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following 3 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Sankyo, The_Flurk

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Dude, that is awesome! I recently upgraded to CSPv3 pedals with a CPX Adapter, and I was blown away by the quality of the product. Before I got them, I thought they were expensive... Now I think they're a bargain. Worth every penny!

I primarily play pCARS2 and Assetto Corsa. Have you used the wheel with AC? Any pros/cons? I'm a little worried about their button mapping system.
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It does 'seem' expensive, as you say... until you actually receive the stuff and see the quality... then you use it and just wow. I recently grabbed a set of V3is in the BF sale and am setting them up as I type... these things are just unreal. I love my V3s as well, I've also had V1s and V2s, absolutely love ClubSport pedals.

AC is great with the CSLE, you are right to be worried about the button mapping though... there is, as of now... none. It is a horrendous oversight for a simulator, I really don't know what they were thinking.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, GrimeyDog

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah, that figures. AC is really neglected on consoles It's probably still worth a shot for the increase in quality.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It does feel great, I loved racing AC with the wheel... the best upgrade for Assetto on PS4 is on a Pro with Boost Mode enabled however, the framerate is transformed.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    It does 'seem' expensive, as you say... until you actually receive the stuff and see the quality... then you use it and just wow. I recently grabbed a set of V3is in the BF sale and am setting them up as I type... these things are just unreal. I love my V3s as well, I've also had V1s and V2s, absolutely love ClubSport pedals.

AC is great with the CSLE, you are right to be worried about the button mapping though... there is, as of now... none. It is a horrendous oversight for a simulator, I really don't know what they were thinking.
    I have V3 & V3i pedals and the V3i pedals are Much Better!!! They Feel sooo Much more Natural --> Also there is more space between the Pedals thats Big + IMO
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Sum Dixon-Ear

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Is there any way that you know of to have the clutch pedal arm at the same angle the brake Grimey?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    Is there any way that you know of to have the clutch pedal arm at the same angle the brake Grimey?
    Nope --> I Emailed about that... The Clutch pedal arm is Longer and i think the Top part of the arm that rest on the Top bar is cut at a angle to make it stick out further ---> what i did was Cut the Regular V1 Spacers at a Angle then Ground them down to create the Pedal angle that i Liked --> I will post pucs when i get home you can probably make them from wood....Im dont like the pedal angle spacers that are on the Pedals Now they take up too Much Leg Room.

Edit: Maybe its possible to swap and use the Clutch Arm from the Regular v3 pedals on the v3i pedals.... I dont see why it cant be done but you will have to swap all the other clutch parts also the Rod that give the Snap feel seems Longer.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 04-12-2017 at 17:48.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Is the clubsport wheel base v2.5 works with ps4 and pc2?