Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanatec Product Compatibility on PS4

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinos View Post
    Is the clubsport wheel base v2.5 works with ps4 and pc2?
    No, unless you use a ChronusMAX or DriveHUB adapter. No native support.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Dinos

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Please help - I got Fanatec Clubsport steering base V2+BMW GT steering wheel. It worked properly on PS4 with PC1 but yesterday I tryed to manage it with PC2. The wheelbase starts properly, I launch the game and I cannot see the wheel in Preferences - there only pad is available.
    SOftware version on the wheelbase is 204, could that be a problem?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurs View Post
    Please help - I got Fanatec Clubsport steering base V2+BMW GT steering wheel. It worked properly on PS4 with PC1 but yesterday I tryed to manage it with PC2. The wheelbase starts properly, I launch the game and I cannot see the wheel in Preferences - there only pad is available.
    SOftware version on the wheelbase is 204, could that be a problem?
    The CSW v2 is not a PS4 compatible wheel anymore as per Sony decision last year. Therefore developers are not allowed to program compatibility in their games. The only option to keep playing with the CSW v2 is using a device like CronusMAX Plus.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    The CSW v2 is not a PS4 compatible wheel anymore as per Sony decision last year. Therefore developers are not allowed to program compatibility in their games. The only option to keep playing with the CSW v2 is using a device like CronusMAX Plus.
    didn't know that... thanks for info

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    didn't know that... thanks for info
    I would recommend a DriveHub as it has very good Fanatec support i.e. it has Fanalogic and native support for the wheel's displays and buttons etc.

https://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/McLaren GT3 Rim/ClubSport V3i Pedals - Samsung UE65KS9000 4K - Beer - Stovies - Alba Gu Brąth
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    That is Sony for you. Kinda willy-nilly with their decisions, especially when it comes to stripping their consoles.

PS3 and Linux to name just one big thing.

BTW, that reminds me. Can't the CSWv2 still go into Logitech emulation mode or PS3 mode? Wouldn't that work?
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    That is Sony for you. Kinda willy-nilly with their decisions, especially when it comes to stripping their consoles.

PS3 and Linux to name just one big thing.

BTW, that reminds me. Can't the CSWv2 still go into Logitech emulation mode or PS3 mode? Wouldn't that work?
    I did try PS3 mode, indicator showed that its on but PS4 didn't react anyhow

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Got CronusMax and installed it. Yes it works, but the feeling are completely different from those that I had before.
    Used to have vibrations on gas pedal when you have oversteer and brake pedal reaction when you have front wheel lock. CronusMax doesn't support that function.
    All other functions seems to be similar to what it was with PC1 but its definately not exactly what Fanatec can perform.
    Seems like its better to get PC instead of PS4 to run racing simulators with Fanatec wheelbase and pedals...
    Sony marketing really sucks...

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Got CronusMax and installed it. Yes it works, but the feeling are completely different from those that I had before.
    Used to have vibrations on gas pedal when you have oversteer and brake pedal reaction when you have front wheel lock. CronusMax doesn't support that function.
    All other functions seems to be similar to what it was with PC1 but its definately not exactly what Fanatec can perform.
    Seems like its better to get PC instead of PS4 to run racing simulators with Fanatec wheelbase and pedals...
    Sony marketing really sucks...
    Brake and Throttle Vibration has to be built into the SIM for it to Function.
    Since the Base you are using isn't Supported by the Sim - It doesn't output these feedback signals.

The Drive Hub does support these signals if the Sim sends them.
    I have two Drive Hubs, I don't have the current CronusMax, so I don't know if it does or not.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us