Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Different screen resolutions for triple monitor setup.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey,
    Ok so I tried the command line parameter and that didnt work... What it did do was render the game in a window smaller than my monitor resolution... and it sort of overlapped my side monitors a little. I checked in the performance options and it still said full screen etc. the triple monitor config did actually say the correct settings however.
    When i entered a race tho, that's when things really got messed up... here is a pic of what happened... https://gyazo.com/ce203e89c2f576e2049224b8d81c62f2
    Would somone who has teh triple display working with different resolutions be kind enough to post their performance settings... the resolution you are using and if its windowed and V-sync... all that sort of stuff.

thanks

Edit. Also now, the settings for resolution have completely disappeared.... https://gyazo.com/374d722525f8adcd30b281a1836c4b28
    Last edited by BATTLExxBEDDALL; 06-12-2017 at 23:35.

Platform
    PC
    I'm away from my PC at the moment, but does it even ask for resolution? I thought it just asks for physical screen size, bezel size and angle? I don't remember doing any resolution changes in the triple screen setup page, and I only reset my triples the other day.

Regarding performance, I have to have quite a few options turned down to maintain 60fps. If I run only on my 21:9 monitor, I can get about 140-150 fps on the same settings, so for rendering double the number of pixels I guess that's about right. So with the 1070, it's not perfect, I think you would need serious graphics power to run max image quality and maintain high fps. However it's more than acceptable for me, I'd rather put up with a few jaggies to have the extra wide view and decent fps. I've found that 60fps is critical for PC2, anything less, even mid 50s, stutters a lot and feels more like 15fps. Once you are over that critical 60fps threshold, it is smooth and sweet.

Replays always drop below 60fps into the mid 50s and they are quite jerky on my triple setup.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey, Thanks for the reply.
    Yes it does display the resolution in the triple monitor setup... sometimes. and on one occasion it was definitely not greyed out. Other times it's simply not there at all. This is why i was interested in the resolution settings, vsync, windowed optins etc as I can only assume that certain settings on those are locking out the option to edit the resolution...
    Regarding your smaller monitors John, you say you are running them at 1280x1024. Is that the resolution they display at when not in-game? I'm wondering if the problem is that all my monitors are HD and are set to 1080 in the nvidia control panel (native resolution).

Platform
    PC
    Yeah the 1280x1024 is native resolution for those monitors, they were just old cheapo 19" LCDs from eBay. They are a few cm smaller than my big screen, but close enough and it works well as the centre monitor takes up a larger fov, so the side ones are just a bit of extra view.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Sounds like exactly what I am trying to achieve. My side ones are a good deal smaller than my main one, which is why I don't mind running them at a lower resolution. Even really low 800x600 or even LOWER! if needs be. I guess I'll have to try changing the resolution through the nvidia control panel and see if i get any gain in FPS that way.
    Could you tell me... when using the 3 monitor setup, do you use the Nvidia surround configuration in the nvidia control panel or do you just run them as 3 separate monitors?
    Also, if at all possible, Would you be able to share with me your settings in the graphics menu for Resolution, V-sync and windowed please? when you get chance, no rush. I'd really appreciate it.
    I noticed something odd in the resolution settings where all the way to the left, past the lowest setting, there is one REALLY high one that would equate to all 3 monitors on one screen. I'm not sure if i should be using that maybe? just too many variables at this point. .. and too many hours until i can get home and start tinkering again