Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercars Championship Discussion

Platform
    XBOX1

Supercars Championship Discussion

Well I don't think I have ever been furthur on the edge of my seat in my entire life as on the last few laps of the final round of the VASC. Considering I'm a Mclaughlin fan that was some of the most tense racing I've ever seen. This is why VASC is one of the best racing series in the world

Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 3 users likes this Post: RoccoTTS, seb02, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    I'm also a big VASC fan and the last race was definitely one of the best races i've seen this year. I'm also a big Mclaughlin fan.

Looking forward to next season with the new cars :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13718-Edit.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	246942
    MSI TRIDENT-014EU specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit (1709)
    Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    Looking forward to next season with the new cars :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13718-Edit.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	246942
    wow... that makes me long for a rwd-version of the Opel Insignia B even more (European version of the Holden Commodore, along with the Vauxhall Insignia for GB), which is only available as AWD or even more cringe-worthy: FWD.
    Last edited by Invincible; 06-12-2017 at 13:07.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    XBOX1
    Definitely has a nicer front end than the old VF Commodore

It'll be interesting to see how the V6 shapes up too, I think only Triple Eight/Red bull will run it at all next year. Hopefully the new regulations will bring in a few more manufacturers too

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Well I don't think I have ever been furthur on the edge of my seat in my entire life as on the last few laps of the final round of the VASC. Considering I'm a Mclaughlin fan that was some of the most tense racing I've ever seen. This is why VASC is one of the best racing series in the world
    couldn't agree more, was on the edge of my seat too, big fan of ScottyMc, but a long time Holden boy, (70's, XU1's) I will never admit it, but want to see Scotty take out the championship ( bugger just did, lol)

I would prefer to see the new Newcastle street track, not the last race of the season. Everyone was lookn to gain extra championship points, and a tight unforgiving street track, would have preferred to seen the championship fought out on a tradition track, just my 2 cents.

bring on 2018....

RU
    PC: Gigabyte H97M-D3H l i5-4570[3.2Ghz] l Gigabyte GeForce GTX1060 G1 3gb l SSD Samsung 850EVO SSD l 8Gb 1333MHz atm | Win10 X64 v1709 | Fanatec GT2 Wheel l Clubsport Pedals V1 | RIG: RU486GT V3.1[homemade] l Buttkicker Gamer2 | Sony Bravia 42 HD 1920x1080 l Asus 22 [2nd screen] l Turtle Beach X41 H/set l SimCommander4 (SimVibe) l PCars Dash

Platform
    XBOX1
    I think the pressure may have gotten to McLaughlin a bit in the final race, I know he lost a mirror early in the race but he made too many mistakes that cost him too much. That being said he has a very good chance for next year with Red Bull testing the new engine. That might just hold them back a little more giving Scott an even better chance but I guess we'll have to wait and see

Platform
    PC
    Philip Island would be a good choice for the final round for us 'Racers' but not for the Corporate Muppets.
    I was pleased to see Scotty right up to the final round but I think the pressure and the narrow circuit did for him.
    Good on Jamie, the original Mr. Smooth, and despite being more GMH oriented myself (LJ 202 XU1 and A9X), I was really pleased to see the Penske cars (they sure aren't Dick Johnson cars!) running right at the front almost all year.
    Strong rumor that we'll see (Gasp!) KIA looking at the new series, especially now they have launched the Stinger on an unsuspecting Australian market.
    Never mind the badge, the car itself is impressive.
    Triple 8 might be hedging their bets, I believe they could run the V6 alongside a couple of V8s but rumors are easily started.
    Sensible to run the V6 next year where possible, sort it out and give up a season to steal a march on the rest.
    'Who Dares Wins'
    Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower.
    MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM.
    Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core at 4.8GHz.
    Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition with 6 Riing 12 fans.
    Galax GeForce GTX 1080 HOF 8GB x2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit.
    LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer.
    Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i Full Modular 1000 Watt x 2.
    Samsung 850 EVO series 500GB SSD x 3.
    Samsung 850 EVO series 1TB SSD x 1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.

Platform
    PS4
    I'm more or less neutral when it came to who won the championship (though I would've like to have seen McLaughlin win it), but to have a championship taken away from someone over a penalty issued BEFORE the race ended (so they couldn't appeal) is absolute crap. Also, I know Lowndes didn't do anything wrong, really, but he definitely pushed the issue to where yeah, Scotty pinched him, but that hole was closing up fast and Lowndes knew what was going to happen. I just felt gutted for Scotty, having come that close to a championship and then have it essentially stripped from you after coming back from a very questionable pit road speeding call, and then have that happen on the last lap.
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by MillsLayne View Post
    I'm more or less neutral when it came to who won the championship (though I would've like to have seen McLaughlin win it), but to have a championship taken away from someone over a penalty issued BEFORE the race ended (so they couldn't appeal) is absolute crap. Also, I know Lowndes didn't do anything wrong, really, but he definitely pushed the issue to where yeah, Scotty pinched him, but that hole was closing up fast and Lowndes knew what was going to happen. I just felt gutted for Scotty, having come that close to a championship and then have it essentially stripped from you after coming back from a very questionable pit road speeding call, and then have that happen on the last lap.
    Scotty said in the post race interview that he lost his left side mirror early on so he couldn't really tell exactly where Lowndes was. I can hardly say I'm envious of the stewards in that situation

I reckon Lowndes would've gotten past anyway so it's likely that the decision didn't have as much impact as it appears on the surface but dammit I wanted McLaughlin to win
    The following user likes this Post: seb02

Platform
    PC
    We all wanted the boy to win but you've got to admit, side mirror or not, he clearly blocked him on the wall, F1 style. If he would've won the championship, it would have been with dirt on his hands.