Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Supercars Championship Discussion

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I haven't watched any V8 Supercars championships yet, where do you find these? And I don't even mind watching them via VOD since watching live is usually a bit inconvenient for me. I did watch most of the 2017 Super GT though and it was very enjoyable. Also with both GT300 & GT500 mixed it's a multi-class race which always adds to the fun.

I still have not started watching any racing series yet for 2018. Last year I watched F1, WEC, Blancpain, 24h Series, Super GT & WRX but this year I don't know. Either I don't have time or I just lost interest a bit (same as with racing games). Midlife racing fan crisis I think. :P I watched the first part of the Bathurst 12h earlier this year because in 2017 it was one of the best races I watched but I just did not have the time to devote 12 hours on it anymore.

For people who watch both V8SC and Super GT, which series do you enjoy the most?
    Last edited by breyzipp; 28-04-2018 at 07:03.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    XBOX1
    I watch it on Motorsport TV which means I often only get highlights, I'm not sure where else it is availible

As for Super GT I've only watched the first race this season so I can't really pass proper judgement but Supecars is certainly very action packed and the rivalry between the Red Bull Holdens and Penske Fords has been very exciting to watch for the last couple years

This year I'm only properly following Indycar, watching as much of Supercars as I can and loosely paying attention to Blancpain, Super GT and BTCC, though I have decided to watch the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe so I am kinda overloaded with things to watch atm
    Last edited by Tank621; 28-04-2018 at 09:32.
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    I watch on motortrend on demand. There are YouTube channels that show full support races also, like the touring car masters and V8 development series
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    iirc SMS were offered to make an Official Supercars Championship game with all cars and tracks but turned it down because it would have been too expensive to make
    Yes I can understand that it has a cost. But when I see the resources used to create the Mercedes Ice track where you can not drive with AI (really without interest for me), I tell myself that some decisions are strange.
    Instead I would have preferred an Australian circuit and a Holden.
    I hope that SMS reflects on this license that would do great for the franchise in my opinion. In addition, the Ford Falcon is great to drive in PC2.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by seb02 View Post
    Yes I can understand that it has a cost. But when I see the resources used to create the Mercedes Ice track where you can not drive with AI (really without interest for me), I tell myself that some decisions are strange.
    Instead I would have preferred an Australian circuit and a Holden.
    I hope that SMS reflects on this license that would do great for the franchise in my opinion. In addition, the Ford Falcon is great to drive in PC2.
    Well I imagine that the ice circuit was very cheap to make and is also a very good way of showing off the physics and is a great way off growing your undestanding of a cars behaviour

I can almost guarantee you that the inclusion of the Mercedes-Benz Ice Circuit was not at the expense of including another track

The decision not to make the Supercars game is because of numerous reasons such as the fact that Australia is on the otuer side of the world to where SMS is primarily based and Australia is a massive place so transport costs would be pretty damn high alone, as well as the fact that almost of the circuits would have to built from scratch as the vast majority of them will have no scans or photgraphic data with which to build them so that cost would have to factored in as well. In addition to those things is the significant number of temporary street circuits on the calendar which are the most demanding to build and run and data for those can really only be collected when the roads have been closed off and the track has been 'built'. So for those and far more reasons beyond Australia and the entire Supercars calendar is probably unusually expensive in terms of building tracks for games.

Plus an official Supercars game would limit it's audience quite a bit and it being a full on Sim would further narrow the audience which would limit the amount of profit they can make significantly

Now before you ask why not integrate a couple more Australian circuits into Project Cars 2 instead of making the fully liscensed Supercars game we must consider that only a couple (Melbourne, Adelaide and maybe Surfers Paradise) are international recognisable circuits and those are mostly Street circuits (very time consuming and expensive) and the focus for Project Cars 2's tracklist was expanded the American content as was heavily demanded. Now before you mention Ruapuna Park and why that is in the game instead of an Australian/New Zealand circuit we had actually heard of, that is there because SMS had contacts (I think through a community member) which knew the track owners

My final point is that this thread is in the off topic section and was meant for discussing the real life Supercars Championship (trust me I know, I created it) so was not really intended for discussing in-game content

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetTorpedo View Post
    I wonder if this has anything to do with why ford went with the mustang for this series...

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/aut...ustang-n869256

Is the Fusion/Falcon produced in Australia at all? If ford stops making that chassis they cant have much of a race program with it.
    No. Ford only assemble from PKD packages or import fully assembled cars.
    In fact there is no other traditional automotive manufacturing in Australia.
    It seems that the twin turbo V6 powered Commodore is being shelved in favor of the present V8 version and the hot rumor is the probable appearance of a Camaro.
    I'd like to see Nissan insert a modern day 'Godzilla' into the mix and clean the Ford/Holden rubbish up big time!
    'Who Dares Wins'
    Corsair Obsidian 900D Full Tower.
    MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM.
    Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 5960X Haswell-E LGA2011-3 8 Core at 4.8GHz.
    Thermaltake Water 3 Riing RGB Cooler Premium Edition with 6 Riing 12 fans.
    Galax GeForce GTX 1080 HOF 8GB x2 in SLI.
    Corsair Dominator Platinum 32G 2800MHz DDR4 Kit.
    LG BH16NS40 BluRay Reader/Writer.
    Corsair CMPSU-HX1000i Full Modular 1000 Watt x 2.
    Samsung 850 EVO series 500GB SSD x 3.
    Samsung 850 EVO series 1TB SSD x 1.
    Western Digital WD Gold 4TB Datacenter HDD.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    No. Ford only assemble from PKD packages or import fully assembled cars.
    In fact there is no other traditional automotive manufacturing in Australia.
    It seems that the twin turbo V6 powered Commodore is being shelved in favor of the present V8 version and the hot rumor is the probable appearance of a Camaro.
    I'd like to see Nissan insert a modern day 'Godzilla' into the mix and clean the Ford/Holden rubbish up big time!
    Wait so we'll have Mustangs Vs Camaros?

Never expected the Australians to be the ones to do a modern version of the Golden Era of Trans Am but I'm not complaining