Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a setup guide or a setup site for Project Cars 2?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Talking Is there a setup guide or a setup site for Project Cars 2?

It would be nice to have a setup guide or a setup site for Project Cars 2.

Platform
    PC
    Not a comprehensive setup guide but you should check out the sticky threads in the Car Setup Talk subforum.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Keena
    You could try some of this little lot Ive accumulated

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bar-conversion-to-psi-table.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	246958

Name:	Tune1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	246959

Name:	PC2 Tyre Chart.png 
Views:	591 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	246961

http://xploresimracing.com/Series/XSR_SetupGuide.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The following 9 users likes this Post: benneyb, br444m, Eric Everfast, F1_Racer68, Krawl113, Lewy, PotatoMasher81, SpinnPaget, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Ud...wlaV423MOhPUiN
    Although it was made for PCars1, it's still applicable to PCars2
    (turn annotations on for first 2 episodes)
    The following user likes this Post: Black Puddin

Platform
    PC
    Does set up advice work across any platform?
    Would a set up for a car on PC work the same on xBox?
    RookieRaceline | AllVirtualRacing
    Xbox Gamertag: Firben

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    You could try some of this little lot Ive accumulated

Name:	bar-conversion-to-psi-table.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	246958

Name:	Tune1.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	246959

Name:	PC2 Tyre Chart.png 
Views:	591 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	246961

http://xploresimracing.com/Series/XSR_SetupGuide.pdf
    Wow.... you copied my workbook!!

Those all look very familair. LOL

My recommendation is to stay away from books/forum threads, etc. that are written around specific sims, and look more ot real world guides. The physics and setup tools in pCARS2 are so clsoe to real world that those will be your best resources.

Trying to use a guide that was built around iRaicng for example, while perhaps helping wiht basic understanding, will not give oyu the in depth troubelshooting skills simply because it doesn't support the same level of tuning capabilities. Also, each sim out there has slightly different physics models, so hte tuning recommendations/suggestions may not apply in pCARS2 as they would in say GT6, which has far more simplistic tuning, tire, and physics models.

For some basics, start with sites such as these:

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling

http://safeisfast.com/series/race-ca...d-engineering/

There are other sites similar to the above, but these are the types you should focus on.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Keena
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    Wow.... you copied my workbook!!

Those all look very familair. LOL

My recommendation is to stay away from books/forum threads, etc. that are written around specific sims, and look more ot real world guides. The physics and setup tools in pCARS2 are so clsoe to real world that those will be your best resources.

Trying to use a guide that was built around iRaicng for example, while perhaps helping wiht basic understanding, will not give oyu the in depth troubelshooting skills simply because it doesn't support the same level of tuning capabilities. Also, each sim out there has slightly different physics models, so hte tuning recommendations/suggestions may not apply in pCARS2 as they would in say GT6, which has far more simplistic tuning, tire, and physics models.

For some basics, start with sites such as these:

http://www.turnfast.com/tech_handling/handling

http://safeisfast.com/series/race-ca...d-engineering/

There are other sites similar to the above, but these are the types you should focus on.
    I just went through the car setup threads on this forum over a couple of hours and pulled anything out that looked useful for me from lots of different posts and "accumulated" them. If it's yours then can I suggest you collate it all to one place and re-release it.. Some of it is off as baseline data is changing- things like tyres etc. Until official baseline data is released E.G. tyre data for each tyre etc we're all fishing in the dark. A methodology is what most are after and anything that has a series of steps will help a beginner there.
    Last edited by Keena; 06-12-2017 at 16:29.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    I just went through the car setup thread and pulled anything out that looked useful. If it's yours then can I suggest you collate it all to one place and re-release it.. Some of it is off as baseline data is changing- things like tyres etc. Until official baseline data is released E.G. tyre data for each tyre etc we're all fishing in the dark. A methodology is what most are after and anything that has a series of steps will help a beginner there.
    No, none of it is "mine", in the sense of ownership. I simply meant that as a joke, in the sense that everything you posted is also in my black book.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following user likes this Post:

Keena
    "Black book"- I have a folder that is beginning to look quite nerdy as I settle down in front of my pc..
    And a clip board..
    The following 2 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, SpinnPaget

Keena
    And I'm trying to figure out how I can train my wife to sit in front of another monitor as my 'race engineer'....
    Edit- "No chance" appears to be the official response so far...
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Benja190782, F1_Racer68, HotRockin, McKiernan, SpinnPaget, Zenzic