Thread: Opponent class "all" not available - bug or design?

Platform
    PS4

Question Opponent class "all" not available - bug or design?

For one of our events I just wanted to create an online lobby with a completely free car choice. In Project CARS 1, we could set the opponent car choice "identical", "same class" and "all". In Project CARS 2 though, we have the additional "multiclass" setting, which is a great thing. However, it looks like the option "all" disappeared.

After reading the help text in the multiclass setting, I discovered that selecting no class there would be the same as giving the drivers a free choice of their car and this setting would therefore be the same as the old "all" car classes selection. Happy to have found the option I was looking for, I tried to deselect all classes...but I wasn't able to. The car class of my own car stayed selected all the time and therefore the other drivers weren't able to select cars from different classes as well.

To cut a long story short: Is there currently a way to give the drivers a completely free choice of cars? If not, is this intended or a bug (which I guess, since the help text in the multiclass setting mentions the "all" classes option).
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CoproManiac, crowtrobot

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Do you by any chance have the language set to German? I think there might be a problem with the translation.
    Edit: Sorry, I'm in the wrong menu, I see what you mean now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171207125629_1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	247004
    Last edited by CoproManiac; 07-12-2017 at 11:59.
    The following user likes this Post: Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by CoproManiac View Post
    Do you by any chance have the language set to German? I think there might be a problem with the translation.
    I have. But I'm talking about the help text within the multiclass selection screen. So you have to set the "opponent field type" to "multiclass" first and within the screen where you can specify the four classes, the help text says that selecting no class at all means that all classes can be selected by the players. At least in german it does

Edit: I think especially for fun races or track days, the completely free vehicle choice was a nice thing in Project CARS 1 and I'd love to have it back. Reading the help text there, I guess it's even intended to have it, but you can't get it currently.
    Last edited by Sessionerror; 07-12-2017 at 11:56.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sessionerror View Post
    I have. But I'm talking about the help text within the multiclass selection screen. So you have to set the "opponent field type" to "multiclass" first and within the screen where you can specify the four classes, the help text says that selecting no class at all means that all classes can be selected by the players. At least in german it does
    Have you tried selecting multiclass then and then de-select your own class?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    PC
    Does that work? Because IIRC the game automatically selects at least one class, based on the car you've currently chosen.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Invincible, Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Have you tried selecting multiclass then and then de-select your own class?
    I have, but I can't. It's like Bealdor says, the own class is always selected, though the help text says that selecting no class should be possible.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    I have, but I can't. It's like Bealdor says, the own class is always selected, though the help text says that selecting no class should be possible.
    Hmm... I could swear I once was able to un-tick my own class, which enabled all cars. Maybe it has been WMD phase though.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I can confirm. Pressing 'Clear all' doesn't clear the class you're currently in either.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Hmm... I could swear I once was able to un-tick my own class, which enabled all cars. Maybe it has been WMD phase though.
    Or maybe it's a console thing? I could swear I did something similar in the development phase too, but I only own a PS4 copy now. And it's not working there anymore.

That's also why I put the question in the thread title - I'm not sure what's the intended design. Is the help text wrong or the option doesn't work as intended? I'd love to have the free vehicle choice though

Edit: Okay...doesn't seem to be a console issue. Thanks for confirming, CoproManiac!