Thread: New/Old Bugs after Patch 3.0

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

New/Old Bugs after Patch 3.0

Hey Devs,

I am a member in a large german Project CARS Community and in the past days we have discussed the new patch a lot. It seems like there are a lot of "gamebreaking" bugs, that are part new, part old, which we wanted to address here, to make the game better. Since we play a lot of Community Races and Championships some people lost the motivation due to these bugs, to continue driving. We would all be very grateful if you would look at the following issues:

1. With the new tire model the tires are overheating way to easy. The soft slick tire is unusable, since it overheats to over 100 degress celcius (212 F) in the outlap. The hard tires also overheat (with standard setup, so that can't be the issue) to sometimes over 120 degrees celsius (248 F) within 3-4 laps. Before Patch 3.0 we could drive a long race without a pit stop, now we have to do 1-2. Maybe this is what you intended, to make it more realistic, but in combination with the other bugs this is not a good thing.

2. Pit stops do not work! All the drivers in our championships are reminded to select their setup and their pit strategy immediately before the race. But when they come to pit, it takes 3-4 tries until the pit crew changes the tires. For some people it takes only one try, for others 3-4, which makes the game very unbalanced. Since you are required to pit and change tires one til two times a race, this can be game breaking.

3. Setups won't load properly. Sometimes you load your setup and it still is the old one. Also, loading a standard setup results in getting different amounts of fuel every time.

4. Some players reported to have different grip levels on the track than other players, even with the same car, tires, setup etc. Some were just sliding around.

5. The penalty system is obscure and sometimes way to hard. Try to avoid a spin with 140 degree celsius hot tires, loose 2 seconds and then a penalty occurs and forces you to slow down a lot again. A personal suggestion from me: In GT Sports (yes I mentioned the game ), you get shown the exact amount of time, that you have to slow down, which imo helps a lot. Maybe you could try to consider it.

6. The servers are not very stable and a lot of players get disconnected. A video showing the issue can be found here: ww.youtube.com/watch?v=VjoEXwOMAJo (just type in another w, since I can not post links).

So, the combination of the too hot tires, not working setups and pit stops and different grip levels on the track, makes it really hard to organise championships which have equal circumstances for everyone. The players who have disadvantages due to the bugs get frustrated easily and quit the championships, which frustrates the remaining players.

I want to make clear, that this post is in no way meant to bash the game or offend anyone. We all like this game a lot and just wanted to help addressing the bugs, to make the game better. If anyone else here from the community is aware of another bug, feel free to post it.

Thank you in advance.
    Regards.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Biddrace, CDubLDD, Doug914, Flens07, Nihilist, resmania, WarmRed

Platform
    PC
    1. With the new tire model the tires are overheating way to easy. The soft slick tire is unusable, since it overheats to over 100 degress celcius (212 F) in the outlap. The hard tires also overheat (with standard setup, so that can't be the issue) to sometimes over 120 degrees celsius (248 F) within 3-4 laps. Before Patch 3.0 we could drive a long race without a pit stop, now we have to do 1-2. Maybe this is what you intended, to make it more realistic, but in combination with the other bugs this is not a good thing.

Which car/tyre combinations because with the Clio, Formula Rookie, Ginetta etc the issue is reversed- tyres struggle to ever get up to temp.. the wets never overheat and the slicks barely maintain operational temp. I know that SMS is looking at this so I guess the more highly specific information you can provide the better- car/tyre/weather/track temp etc
    “Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueValue View Post
    2. Pit stops do not work! All the drivers in our championships are reminded to select their setup and their pit strategy immediately before the race. But when they come to pit, it takes 3-4 tries until the pit crew changes the tires. For some people it takes only one try, for others 3-4, which makes the game very unbalanced. Since you are required to pit and change tires one til two times a race, this can be game breaking.
    It happens to me too. In many pit stops the tyres are not changed, even with the tyre change option set to on in strategy. Then you stop a few laps later and whitout changing anything, the tyres are changed. As you said, it's a gamebraker in online. You have to stop 2-3 times until the tyres are changed.

3. Setups won't load properly. Sometimes you load your setup and it still is the old one. Also, loading a standard setup results in getting different amounts of fuel every time.
    The amount of fuel is a big problem because some players has to stop for refuel and others don't. Even with fixed setups. Link

4. Some players reported to have different grip levels on the track than other players, even with the same car, tires, setup etc. Some were just sliding around.
    May be the livestack sync issue. It's very obvious with rain, but I can't discard that in dry conditions the track is different for players (temps, grips, rubbering...) Link

No experienced tyre temp (at least with the cars I've played). Agree in the rest.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 07-12-2017 at 11:16.
    CPU: Intel i7-6700K | GPU: Asus GTX1060 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: ROG Maximus VIII | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    The following user likes this Post: TrueValue

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post

Which car/tyre combinations because with the Clio, Formula Rookie, Ginetta etc the issue is reversed- tyres struggle to ever get up to temp.. the wets never overheat and the slicks barely maintain operational temp. I know that SMS is looking at this so I guess the more highly specific information you can provide the better- car/tyre/weather/track temp etc
    I can't list every car but from what I`ve heard especially in GT3, LMP1/2. It seems like some cars overheat way to easy and some cars, like the FR are struggling to get heat in the tires. Both is very unsatisfying.
    The following user likes this Post: Nihilist

Platform
    PC
    Wrt to setups make sure you're not using any old ones. Delete them (forgot the folder) and create new ones.

I'm not sure about different grip levels issues because live track means more grip in the racing line (more rubber) or where there's no water (water cleans the track to green too).
    Water is localized to.
    Also track temp changes constantly. Braking areas heat more as example
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (387.92) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 Asus Xonar DX | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v289 - fw 299/130) | Damping: 100 | 900º
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 0 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: Custom |Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 |Frequency: 600

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium| SS: 1.4| Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low| Car/Track: High | Blur: Off | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -pthreads 4 -skipcrowds

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post

GTE,GT3,GT4,LMP's
    The following user likes this Post: TrueValue

Platform
    PC
    This is caused when you set "Recommended" and the tires will only be changed when the game thinks the wear is high enough.
    If you set a specific compound it will work every time.
    OpenSUSE 42.3/Windows 7 x64 (Dual boot)
    Intel I5 7400
    MSI GeForce GTX 1060 T OC V1 - 6GB
    Logitech G29 with H shifter
    Casual driver - bad looser
    The following 5 users likes this Post: derkanzler, Doug914, Flens07, Roushman624, TrueValue

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hophans View Post
    This is caused when you set "Recommended" and the tires will only be changed when the game thinks the wear is high enough.
    If you set a specific compound it will work every time.
    I can confirm this.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flens07, TrueValue

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    On the issue of the track grove taking rubber and providing the best grip in that area... can you visually see this area building up the rubber?

On a similar note, note... racing in the wet. Much of what I read about racing is that when it's wet, it's best to avoid areas where rubber has been built up. Yet clearly as the track dries, the area where it's drying is going to have the grip. In PC2, how is the area where the track is drying come to be, is it always on top of the same area you'd drive if the track were dry(where the rubber is), or does it initially dry more more off the typical dry racing line ( presumably where cars were driving while it was still wet) ?
    Playstation 4 and Logitech G29