Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSVR support?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    The driveclub VR is pretty decent if you really want to race in VR on PS4.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimitch View Post
    But then there are plenty of us who wouldn't bother with VR without those features. If I want a limited experience with watered down physics, no dynamic weather and no live track then I probably wouldn't bother as they're features that are what make the game better than all the competitors. I can go out and buy GT Sport if I want a watered down racing game
    Yeah, right. You are honestly telling me, if you had 8 opponents with fixed weather and track conditions and a PSVR, you wouldn't play it at all? Have you ever played PC2 (or PC1 if it had VR) on a VR headset? I would not make predictions about what you would do if you've never raced with a headset. The immersion is far beyond anything 2D. Ask anyone over on the PC forum. Ask them if they had to make a choice between no Livetrack, no dynamic weather and fewer opponents or no VR at all, what they would choose.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes I have. And seeing as livetrack and the dynamic weather are possibly the games 2 best features, I wouldn't sacrifice them just for VR. I don't want to spend all my time driving round on a bone dry track, I want to see the weather change, the track get wet and the strategy that goes along with it
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes I have. And seeing as livetrack and the dynamic weather are possibly the games 2 best features, I wouldn't sacrifice them just for VR. I don't want to spend all my time driving round on a bone dry track, I want to see the weather change, the track get wet and the strategy that goes along with it
    You are talking as if you couldn't go back to the full 2D game. No-one is talking about making PC2 PSVR only...

You want Livetrack and dynamic weather and 30 opponents, play it on your TV. But I guarantee, you WOULD play it SOME on your PSVR if you had one. And so would a ton of other people who couldn't care less about Livetrack, but care greatly about driving in VR.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikikeys View Post
    You are so sure? Remember, the post you replied to said limited entry field. How much of the PS4's capacity is held in reserve so 24 cars CAN be rendered and raced? How much is wasted on ultra high-res resources that have no need in a limited-res PSVR? How much is used for Livetrack, which any PSVR user would be quite happy to do without in a PSVR situation?

This emphasis on 'full game or nothing' doesn't take into account how much compromise PSVR users would HAPPILY put up with to get any sort of VR experience at all. Let's be honest here... If a PSVR experience limited me to 8 cars, no Livetrack, no dynamic weather, no time progression, and a handful of lower res tracks, I would still be playing it in preference to the 2D full experience. And, I suspect, so would many others.
    Yeah I have to agree. If there were anything in pCars like DriveClubVR, I'd play pCars in VR exclusively.

It would be lovely, but the console just isn't powerful enough to do that. The X might be able to do VR at a push but the PS4 couldn't
    I dunno, seems like pure speculation to me.
    Last edited by Laserbeak43; 14-01-2018 at 07:23.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I would prefer VR support at limited res.,etc..than having no VR at all!

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    Add to this, Sony won't allow PSVR support for the Pro version only.
    However, SMS (and Sony) seem perfectly happy with making the game seriously graphically compromised on PS4 compared to PS4Pro. Grid size at max seriously hurts a normal PS4, but not so much for the PS4Pro. So, I don't see the problem here. If PSVR is pretty unacceptable on a PS4, but better on a PS4Pro, how is that any significantly different to poor graphic performance in 2D on the base PS4?

It's just a question of degree.

Sony themselves have already violated their own rules by enabling 1080P supersampling on the PS4Pro only. That the PS4Pro is more capable doesn't seem to have worried Sony. VR games with compromised base PS4 performance is common. Sony make no rules about how WELL PSVR is supposed to run on the base PS4. Just that it run at all...

I think, even if restricted as much as GTS (one player car, one AI) that if Livetrack were disabled, even the base PS4 could run PSVR no worse that the blurry Driveclub VR, and the Pro ought to be able to do as well as GTS's PSVR.

Remember, Livetrack is simply a layer added to the basic game. Take it away, take away the track evolving, it is still a blast to drive around in hundreds of cars on dozens and dozens of tracks in awesome lighting. Is it as good as the full game... no. Neither is GTS's PSVR mode. Doesn't stop it from being an awesome experience, no matter the limitations.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thing is probably they would not even recover their costs to make this stripped down psvr edition. If it were a decent business opportunity I'm confident Ian would pursue it

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    SMS are probably not interested in PSVR support because they don't see any business value in it. Which is fine with me. If they can't see a way to make a return on their investment into adding VR support then why should they.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The game does run nicely on a PSVR if you connect one to a PC