Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: WOW.....Penalties

GT5 Pilot Dynomight Motorsports's Avatar
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Le Mans 24 Hr seems to be ok no drastic penalties there. And Daytona seems to be pretty good as well, made it through both races without any unexpected penalties. Some tracks are still far to strict. Again I don't mind the strictness in TT I get it, thats fair, but there is No Fun in wheel to wheel racing if you have that strict enforcement without the Human Discretion element of the Track Stewards.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________
    RACEDEPARTMENT.com
    Largest SIM Racing Community Online / Competitive & Clean Drivers / XBOX Leagues Now
    Xbox1 GT World Endurance Challenge<<---Link!!!
    GamerTag: MichaeI Watts

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I feel like there should be a difference between going wide and corner cutting. If you lose control of the car, spin wide and rejoin you've already lost time and then have to slow down more.
    I got rear-ended yesterday as I was driving slow after I gained absolutely nothing going off-track =/

Knockhill is a penalty nightmare. I'm now simply ramming my oponents, rather take some damage and some license points than those stupid slow down penalties I get when avoiding accidents.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawny50 View Post
    I feel like there should be a difference between going wide and corner cutting. If you lose control of the car, spin wide and rejoin you've already lost time and then have to slow down more.
    I got rear-ended yesterday as I was driving slow after I gained absolutely nothing going off-track =/

Knockhill is a penalty nightmare. I'm now simply ramming my oponents, rather take some damage and some license points than those stupid slow down penalties I get when avoiding accidents.
    I hope this is not online, the ramming, I am sure it isnt, is it?

As for spins / offs, you will not gain a penalty if you do not seek to gain advantage in my experience. I am sure some contentious decisions occur but usually a gentle return to the track by the most direct route will not result in a penalty.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post

As for spins / offs, you will not gain a penalty if you do not seek to gain advantage in my experience. I am sure some contentious decisions occur but usually a gentle return to the track by the most direct route will not result in a penalty.
    Oh I'm sure it is online behaviour because there's no other mode that affects your license points.... Quite sad really that people see fit to adopt this attitude.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    As for spins / offs, you will not gain a penalty if you do not seek to gain advantage in my experience.
    That's just not even close to true. If you have a very slight off(where it's a 50/50 chance if you are even off), you'd have to purposely stay 'off-track' to be even able to give back time before entering. And at that time the angering 'you've-been-a-naughty-boy' flag has already raised in the software* so you're f-ed one way or the other anyway.

*= By Kim-Jung Whiting
    Last edited by MaximusN; 09-01-2018 at 17:42.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Absolutely correct as I don't have any issue's with getting penalties when I go off or spin. I think the guys that are not letting off the gas when going off are the ones that have to suffer a consequence when they reenter.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    That's just not even close to true. If you have a very slight off(where it's a 50/50 chance if you are even off), you'd have to purposely stay 'off-track' to be even able to give back time before entering. And at that time the angering 'you've-been-a-naughty-boy' flag has already raised in the software* so you're f-ed one way or the other anyway.

*= By Kim-Jung Whiting
    A problem faced by good drivers on the ragged edge.
    With these minor off track infringement I had a few at Spa last night where I just carried on to the next brake zone and the warning disappeared. This might not help faster drivers though.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10