Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED IN PATCH 5] Massive Random Weather bug - still happens after Patch 3.0

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    You can calculate a similar progression factor yourself.
    Standard weather slot duration is 60mins.
    Yes, this is true, but not comfortable. 2x = 30 Minutes???

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1904 View Post
    Yes, this is true, but not comfortable. 2x = 30 Minutes???
    Correct

I know its not comfortable but we need to find out if this is an issue that's exclusive to "sync to race", random weather or a combination of both.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ok, I will try it for you. But I hope you will find some time to test it also. Most players are dont spend time to report and test bugs.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Test results:

This time my friend hosted the server and we changed "sync to race" setting to the 10x.

Settings:
    Training 15 minutes, 2 slots random weather 10x weather.
    Quali 15 minutes, 2 slots random, weather 10x weather.
    Race 8 rounds, 2 slots random, weather 10x weather.

Resutls were:

Training: Cloudy, cheerful weather, heavy fog (weather changed after every 6 minutes)
    Quali: Cloudy, cheerful weather, heavy fog (weather changed after every 6 minutes)
    Race: Cloudy, cheerful weather, heavy fog (weather changed after every 6 minutes)

I have to say: Same problem and behaviour as well. The sessions dont calculate new random weather. The session take the weather slot results from the session before.

Platform
    PC
    I think it works exactly the same as PC1.

The random weather is generated one time for the event, and it repeats in all sessions. So if you have Sun to Rain weather in practice, you know that this pattern will be the same in qualy & race.

I think that the random weather must be generated for each session, because as it works now, it's not obviously random. You know before the race exactly what weather you will have, and when it will change. I don't know if there is a bug, or it was planned in this way, but I think that is something that the devs must look at.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 28-12-2017 at 16:43.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Good to know, but i totally agree with you. Its bullshit and really unrealistic. It needs to be changed as soon as possible.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    For me and my friends this dumps our fun with this game and the weather system!!!!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have to remind you. Still no answer from DEVS!!!!

Additional example:

Hello Devs and so on,

we found out a crazy behavior with the random weather when you have a raceweekend with more then one sessions. I cant believe that the current system was planed as it is now.

Main Problem: When you have random weather slots in the race weekend sessions (training, quali, race). The results of the first session (here training) will be used also in quali and race. For example.

Training(first session of the race weeekend): 15 Minutes, 3 Weather Slots: 1. Random, 2. Random, 3. Random(Synced to race)
    Result was: Fog, Stormy weather, clear

Quali: 15 Minutes, 3 Weather Slots: 1. Random, 2. Random, 3. Random (Synced to race)

Race: 9 Rounds, 3 Weather Slots: 1. Random, 2. Random , 3. fix clear weather (Synced to race)

This is completly unrealistic and I cant believe that there is to much effort to change this. We need as soon as possible a change here, that every slot of the other sessions will be generated by himself and not taken over from the first session. Come on guys,currently this kills this weather system!

Platform
    PC
    I think that all of us agree in this question.

But the Livetrack Sync issue is now the biggest problem. Even if random slots are generated correctly for each session, if all the players have different track conditions it would be very unfair. That is the reason because you can’t find lobbys with weather changes.

I hope that the devs could fix the Livetrack Sync problem and then, this will be the next step. But fixing the random slots without fixing the Livetrack Sync, will not improve our situation.

Crossed fingers.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 25-01-2018 at 08:17.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you, this problem was not well known from me and my friends. We never had have this sync problem. But yes I agree with you about priority.