Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Fanatec ffb issue with patch 3

  1. #1
    GT5 Pilot inthebagbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    all over the place like my driving!
    Posts
    1,784
    Platform
    PC

    Fanatec ffb issue with patch 3

    I have just downloaded the game today. Previous to this I have used the demo for the last week or so and found the ffb to very good using

    RAW
    100
    85
    30
    100

    On wheel ffb 26.

    using these settings in the downloaded game gives no grass/kerb/off road feeling and even on a rally cross course there is no feedback from the surface.

    I even put all in game settings to 100 with no difference to road ffb

    I only downloaded the game due to demo but the ffb is no way the same

    very dissapointed
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, Jezza819


  2. #2
    WMD Member Bavarian Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bayern
    Posts
    158
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    i think we have the same problem
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Force-Feedback

    maybe a mod should do the two threads together
    daSuperDad247 @Xbox Live (my main Platform)
    BavarianTurbo007 @PSN
    Seb007 @Steam

    www.pcars-forum.de

  3. #3
    GT5 Pilot inthebagbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    all over the place like my driving!
    Posts
    1,784
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Turbo View Post
    i think we have the same problem
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...Force-Feedback

    maybe a mod should do the two threads together
    Yes you are correct thats the same issue

    Went back for another go thinking it might need rebooting but exact same thing no feeling from surface .
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

  4. #4
    GT5 Pilot inthebagbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    all over the place like my driving!
    Posts
    1,784
    Platform
    PC
    Have looked a bit more into this and it' as if the FX slider isn' working there is no difference between 0 and 100
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

  5. #5
    WMD Member transfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    490
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    I have just downloaded the game today. Previous to this I have used the demo for the last week or so and found the ffb to very good using

    RAW
    100
    85
    30
    100

    On wheel ffb 26.

    using these settings in the downloaded game gives no grass/kerb/off road feeling and even on a rally cross course there is no feedback from the surface.

    I even put all in game settings to 100 with no difference to road ffb

    I only downloaded the game due to demo but the ffb is no way the same

    very dissapointed

    Can you try something since I am on a trip.

    Power off Xbox (Make sure Xbox is in standby mode)
    Power off Wheel and plug it in the Xbox.
    Power on the Wheel and allow it to wake the Xbox
    Sign in and Start the game.

    Use default RAW/100/50/50/50
    Wheel FFB 50

    Let me know if there is a difference.
    AKA Joseph Gossen
    Console - Xbox One X / MacBook Pro TouchBar - CPU: 2,7 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7; RAM: 16GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz; GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 455 2GB; O.S.: Mac OS+Boot Camp Windows 10 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2,CSLE WB + UXH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, | Rig: RSEAT RS1

  6. #6
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    82
    Platform
    XBOX1
    You made sure your wheels on the newest firmware and make sure Fei is not off on the rim. You actually want it on. I find having it Off or at a low % numbs the bumps etc.

    Also remember high volume will reduce road feel and not sure if having rim ffb low would effect fx settings etc

    You are better off having rim ffb at 100 and dropping volume
    Last edited by Dazza; 09-12-2017 at 15:19.

  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    58
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm using CSWB 2.5

    Running immersive 50/50/50/50
    Wheel FFB on Auto

    The bumps are definitely there on my end. I haven't had a chance to mess with the game values yet since the patch. It seems there was a big change with Fanatec from 2.0 to 3.0

    After the patch, I just did a quick trial between Immersive, Informative, and Raw. Immersive definitely felt much much better with the latest patch. Have you guys given Immersive a try? I tried RAW and it seemed really lacking.

  8. #8
    WMD Member Bavarian Turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bayern
    Posts
    158
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Have looked a bit more into this and it' as if the FX slider isn' working there is no difference between 0 and 100

    it's definitely not just the FX slider, I can also test the PC version and there I have even more feedback from the track with 0 FX

    this is clearly a bug in the xbox Version for me. i hope the next Patch solves the problem and does not come too late
    daSuperDad247 @Xbox Live (my main Platform)
    BavarianTurbo007 @PSN
    Seb007 @Steam

    www.pcars-forum.de

  9. #9
    GT5 Pilot inthebagbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    all over the place like my driving!
    Posts
    1,784
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    You made sure your wheels on the newest firmware and make sure Fei is not off on the rim. You actually want it on. I find having it Off or at a low % numbs the bumps etc.

    Also remember high volume will reduce road feel and not sure if having rim ffb low would effect fx settings etc

    You are better off having rim ffb at 100 and dropping volume
    what do you mean by Fei ?

    I find that if you reduce volume in game you are reducing the ffb output from the game which you see by the ffb never goes above 40% put volume at 100 and you get into the 60% and with tone this can be further boosted.

    I use on wheel then to alter the weight of the wheel without affecting the game ffb .

    tone at lower values is supposed to emphasise surface detail with less slip and higher tone less surface but better slip but other than boosting ffb signal there does not seem to be any change in surface detail

    Firmware is upto date at 316 and driver 292 beta.

    with the demo version I had no issues and other people are also reporting a loss of road surface feel
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

  10. #10
    GT5 Pilot inthebagbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    all over the place like my driving!
    Posts
    1,784
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by transfix View Post
    Can you try something since I am on a trip.

    Power off Xbox (Make sure Xbox is in standby mode)
    Power off Wheel and plug it in the Xbox.
    Power on the Wheel and allow it to wake the Xbox
    Sign in and Start the game.

    Use default RAW/100/50/50/50
    Wheel FFB 50

    Let me know if there is a difference.
    Tried this and no difference no surface feel at all
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bavarian Turbo, transfix


Similar Threads

  1. Fanatec CSW V2 issue multiplayer
    By leonatic in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-11-2016, 14:16
  2. Sony and the Fanatec issue
    By AbeWoz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-09-2016, 15:18
  3. Fanatec CSW V2 Issue after Patch 6.0
    By Hotty in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 02-12-2015, 22:13
  4. Fanatec Clubsport Brake Pedal Issue - Post Patch 5.00
    By jai-krishna in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 31-10-2015, 09:44
  5. Fanatec CSR PC Deadzone issue PC (and FFB)
    By randomcallsign in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-05-2015, 11:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •