Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone from SMS please help me. This is getting silly.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Can someone from SMS please help me. This is getting silly.

I've owned the game since release and have given up with it.

It started out great (minus the small errors that have since been patched) then it all started to fall apart. I figured it was a problem and would wait for the patch but it hasn't fixed it. Rather than give up and sell the game it would be great if I could actually play the thing.

Two problems.

1/. Online play is non existent. I don't mean there's only 8-10 GT3 Lobbies to choose from. I mean there are literally zero lobbies to choose from. My filters are all set to default so it's not a problem there. I have a wired connection and all other games I play have been working since the problem started a month or so ago.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7179.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	247144

2/. Community events and Time Trial are greyed out? Why can't I enter time trials or community events?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7180.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	247145

I paid good money for the game and my rig cost an absolute fortune and at the moment both of which are pretty much useless.

Can somebody please help me.

Thanks
    Platform: Xbox One
    Peripherals: Fanatec Clubsport CSW V2 | Fanatec Clubsport V1 Pedals| Fanatec Clubsport SQ V1.5 Shifter | Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake | Nardi 330mm Suede Rim
    Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Cockpit | 47" HD TV | Logitech 5:1 | Turtle Beach Elite 800X

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have never seen zero lobbies ever so it is very unusual I think.
    As for tt being greyed out, that happens if you are offline.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I have never seen zero lobbies ever so it is very unusual I think.
    As for tt being greyed out, that happens if you are offline.
    Oh really? So maybe the game thinks for whatever reason I am offline? Any ideas what might cause this?
    Peripherals: Fanatec Clubsport CSW V2 | Fanatec Clubsport V1 Pedals| Fanatec Clubsport SQ V1.5 Shifter | Fanatec Clubsport Handbrake | Nardi 330mm Suede Rim
    Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Cockpit | 47" HD TV | Logitech 5:1 | Turtle Beach Elite 800X

Platform
    XBOX1
    It sounds like a hardware issue to me...

Have you tried...
    -a hard reset of console
    -Resetting up you internet to console
    -Try a wireless connection, and if that works replace you Internet cable
    -Opening up ports in your routers firewall to allow the Xbox to freely communicate to the internet. (PORT FORWARDING)
    -Called your ISP and asked if their doing something on their end that might be blocking video games (Usual on college campuses)
    -Call Microsoft and explained what happening to them?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hey snipeme77

-a hard reset of console ~ tried this and didn't help

-Resetting up you internet to console ~ tried this and didn't help

-Try a wireless connection, and if that works replace you Internet cable ~ my connection works with other games so can't be this

-Opening up ports in your routers firewall to allow the Xbox to freely communicate to the internet. (PORT FORWARDING) ~ is this similar to NAT type as mine is open.

-Called your ISP and asked if their doing something on their end that might be blocking video games (Usual on college campuses) ~ connection is fine on other games so can't be this.

-Call Microsoft and explained what happening to them? ~ will try this if all else fails.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Benkid View Post
    Hey snipeme77

-a hard reset of console ~ tried this and didn't help

-Resetting up you internet to console ~ tried this and didn't help

-Try a wireless connection, and if that works replace you Internet cable ~ my connection works with other games so can't be this

-Opening up ports in your routers firewall to allow the Xbox to freely communicate to the internet. (PORT FORWARDING) ~ is this similar to NAT type as mine is open.

-Called your ISP and asked if their doing something on their end that might be blocking video games (Usual on college campuses) ~ connection is fine on other games so can't be this.

-Call Microsoft and explained what happening to them? ~ will try this if all else fails.
    Not entirely true, With FPS especially because there much more popular games, they tend to have more players playing the game close by you. Some ISP's can be picky (Especially with the net neutrality BS in the US going on) on connecting you to foreign websites and players. So in project cars, where the player base if small and from all over the world, your ISP might just say nope and block the game... Happened to destiny 1 when it came out, basically all the colleges in the US blocked it though a network firewall...

I would still call them and explain whats happening, if it's not on their end, you know for a fact it's on yours
    Last edited by snipeme77; 09-12-2017 at 17:56.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    Not entirely true, With FPS especially because there much more popular games, they tend to have more players playing the game close by you. Some ISP's can be picky (Especially with the net neutrality BS in the US going on) on connecting you to foreign websites and players. So in project cars, where the player base if small and from all over the world, your ISP might just say nope and block the game... Happened to destiny 1 when it came out, basically all the colleges in the US blocked it though a network firewall...

I would still call them and explain whats happening, if it's not on their end, you know for a fact it's on yours
    Ah ok. I'll give them a call. Would make sense if everything else is ok.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    With community events greyed out it sounds to me like you have a port blocked. Are you connecting from a private address or school/college/etc? If theyre doing it you’d need to talk to them, if its private then try setting your xbox temporarily to dmz and see if it solves it. If so you need to be sure ALL ports needed on xbox are forwarded. You may have open nat but you could still be blocking a necessary port.
    Last edited by z3r0cool77; 10-12-2017 at 13:32.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This sounds like a Router/Modem problem. What Router and Modem are you running? Try a Static IP address on your Xbox and open ports. Does your Router have UPnp?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok update.

I contacted my ISP and they told
    Me to contact Xbox support which I did. He helped me setup up port forwarding and it didn't fix the problem.

He then advised me to setup a new XBL account which we did, loaded up the game and voila. Everything worked as it should and about 36 different lobbies. So it would appear I have some sort of access issue or possible ban for some reason? I am a courteous driver and never had any arguments online over messaging or headset so I'm not sure what the problem could be. The ban also can't be with Bandai Namco because I also play another Bandai Namco game online without problems.

Who can I speak to about problems wth my account or profile?
    The following user likes this Post: snipeme77