Thread: Game crashes to the dashboard

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Game crashes to the dashboard

Everytime i leave a Custom Race, the game crashes. Add a patch really isn't good if you add more bugs. SMS, great game but the game is far from complete.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I am also suffering from crash to homesceen issues. Usually after private testing.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have never had a crash that didnt involve my car hitting something. I see ppl post about dashboard crashing and have to wonder if its console related. On my oldest xbox in house, I’ve had to do a factory software reset 3 times from a bootable usb just to keep it functioning. They do eventually start to experience issues, (Consoles) and pcars2 is far more damanding on the xbox than most games. If its gonna start having errors its probably fonna be during a pcars session.
    Last edited by z3r0cool77; 11-12-2017 at 12:29.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I was having the same issue until I moved the game to the internal storage. Crashes stopped happening. I'm not saying the game doesn't work fine on external drives, but it could be a glitch in the installation of the game so moving it can help.
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PC
    Doesn't an external HDD go into sleep mode after a while? Maybe that causes a disk access issue when going back to the main menu after a race?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Doesn't an external HDD go into sleep mode after a while? Maybe that causes a disk access issue when going back to the main menu after a race?
    hum...I would think the console OS would control that? and if the console is constantly using data store on an external it shouldn't hibernate. I have 2 external drives, Pcars 2 was the only game giving me trouble. I think it has more to do with what Ian said on another thread. Maybe something wrong with the installation, the way data was saved in the drive and that's why just reintalling it won't work, because the data would go back to the exact same location and the issue would repeat....if you want to use the same drive, then you would have to uninstall PC2 AND another game, so a new install would use different parts of the drive....I hope it makes sense lol...
    Xbox One X!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Yes it does (depending on settings used)

I have the same problem as OP, and i dont use an external HDD. Most of the time the game crashes back to the dash after finishing a time trial or free practice. It also happend once while saving a replay from a online lobby.
    So my guess is that something during saving is causing the game to crash.

im running with Xbox one S and have the latest patch installed.