Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BMW M6 GT3 TUNE!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hey guys.
    At First I wanna say thank you, because i learned alot about the bmw from this thread.
    But Im having a huge problem which I can not seem to solve. At out championship the next race will be at hockenheim at 33 degrees track temperature. After the update Im willing to take the soft tires. But after testing them it seems like the left tires are like 20degrees hotter(105-115degrees) than the right ones(90-95 degrees). Its not really affecting the handling, but the front left tire is going down way to fast to be good at a raceday. You have any idea what I can do?

Sorry for my bad english tho.
    Every help is appreciated alot.
    Last edited by Nekro; 15-02-2018 at 09:22.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro View Post
    At out championship the next race will be at hockenheim at 33 degrees track temperature. After the update Im willing to take the soft tires. But after testing them it seems like the left tires are like 20degrees hotter(105-115degrees) than the right ones(90-95 degrees). Its not really affecting the handling, but the front left tire is going down way to fast to be good at a raceday. You have any idea what I can do?

Try to keep the left side at 26psi (1.8 bar) hot or lower. You will probably have to set asymmetric cold pressures.
    All the high load, high speed corners at Hockenheim are right turns so the left side will naturally get more worn.
    Aside from that a stiffer rear swaybar, maybe lower power ramp angle (diff), but most importantly change your line/ approach through the fast left corners. The final turns leading to the pit straight is somewhere you could potentially sacrifice a bit of speed without losing too much lap time. Slow in, fast out to save the front left tire.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-5-5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekro View Post
    Hey guys.
    At First I wanna say thank you, because i learned alot about the bmw from this thread.
    But Im having a huge problem which I can not seem to solve. At out championship the next race will be at hockenheim at 33 degrees track temperature. After the update Im willing to take the soft tires. But after testing them it seems like the left tires are like 20degrees hotter(105-115degrees) than the right ones(90-95 degrees). Its not really affecting the handling, but the front left tire is going down way to fast to be good at a raceday. You have any idea what I can do?

How long is the race? And have you tested the hard tyres?

As hkraft has pointed out, the left side will naturally get worked harder than the right due to the layout of the circuit. A lot more high load right hand turns than left. That will obviously effect tyre wear with how fast you wear the tyres, and also their temperatures. As hkfraft pointed out again, best way to combat this is through your driving with your lines and approach to corners. Whilst setup changes can be done to reduce the wheels sliding through over or understeer which in turn produces heat, that will only go so far before the management is needed from the driver.

Being around 33C track, hard tyres could still be an option depending on the length of the race. Softs may work nicely, but when they get hot, they have quite a big grip drop off. The hards are a lot more consistent though, so it is weighing up the grip levels and lap times over the course of the race (if it is a longer one) rather than a few laps outright pace.