Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assists settings in Community events

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Assists settings in Community events

Hi all,

I'm new to Project Cars 2 and just started playing Community events.

I understood that Default/Custom car setups are forced by SMS, but I don't understand if Drive Assists (ABS, TCS, etc) are enabled or fixed as well (I can still edit them from Options, but read online they are forced....

This would make a great difference between who use/don't use them, so please help me to understand :-)

Platform
    PC
    They aren't fixed. They are set on authentic. U can turn off o change tc and other values from wheel menu. But. But... You can easily use your custom setup.. and that is not so much fair SMS.
    HOT HOTLAPPER
    The following user likes this Post: ironik

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Really???
    You mean that I can use custom set up even when it is fixed from Challenge time trial settings?
    Only TCS can be changed from wheel menu or also other settings?

Is this a kind of leak or by design?

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    If a car has adjustable brake bias and/or anti-roll bars then those can be adjusted in-car, provided you have mapped buttons for them. You can also adjust the level of TC slip from the in-car-management screen, as well as the ABS strength, if the car has those features and you have them enabled. Aside from the ABS strength, that pretty much matches up with what's possible in real-life.

I am not aware of being able to run a non-default setup in a fixed, default setup event though. If that is possible, as tipostrano suggests, then it would be enormously helpful if proof could be provided.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Platform
    XBOX1
    Tidgney said on discord yesterday that if you do some TT and use one of the SMS setups, the setup remains active if you join a fixed setup lobby. Don't know if it's the same if you want to do community events, but it's definitely the case if you join ESL Go4 lobbies for instance.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 20-12-2017 at 19:57.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    If a car has adjustable brake bias and/or anti-roll bars then those can be adjusted in-car, provided you have mapped buttons for them. You can also adjust the level of TC slip from the in-car-management screen, as well as the ABS strength, if the car has those features and you have them enabled. Aside from the ABS strength, that pretty much matches up with what's possible in real-life.

I am not aware of being able to run a non-default setup in a fixed, default setup event though. If that is possible, as tipostrano suggests, then it would be enormously helpful if proof could be provided.
    I tried to adjust ARBs "on the fly" and it seems it's not possible. It says "N/A".
    aka Ironik

I7 7700K // ASUS PRIME Z270-A // 16Go DDR 4 // inno3d gtx1080 ti // OCZ agility 240Go // WD caviar Green 1To // Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec ClubSport pedals V3 // Oculus Rift CV1

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    I tried to adjust ARBs "on the fly" and it seems it's not possible. It says "N/A".
    Was that on a car that has in-car adjustable ARBs, like the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar for instance? I will be honest and say I haven't tried it with pCARS2 but I know it was possible on pCARS1
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Was that on a car that has in-car adjustable ARBs, like the Ford Falcon V8 Supercar for instance? I will be honest and say I haven't tried it with pCARS2 but I know it was possible on pCARS1
    Yeah it was with the Ferrari GT3

Anyway, there is an exploit that allows to by-pass the fixed setup.

I was struggling to improve my laptimes in the World Time Attack challenge. I was near my maximum around the 1:18.8xx mark and I was wondering how the top driver could take such lines. Especially in the last corner.
    Everything is now much easier... I improved my best time by 0,200s in two "dirty" laps whereas I was struggling to gain 0,050s with the default setup.
    Last edited by ironik; 20-12-2017 at 22:48.
    aka Ironik

I7 7700K // ASUS PRIME Z270-A // 16Go DDR 4 // inno3d gtx1080 ti // OCZ agility 240Go // WD caviar Green 1To // Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec ClubSport pedals V3 // Oculus Rift CV1
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ironik View Post
    Yeah it was with the Ferrari GT3

Anyway, there is an exploit that allows to by-pass the fixed setup.

I was struggling to improve my laptimes in the World Time Attack challenge. I was near my maximum around the 1:18.8xx mark and I was wondering how the top driver could take such lines. Especially in the last corner.
    Everything is now much easier... I improved my best time by 0,200s in two "dirty" laps whereas I was struggling to gain 0,050s with the default setup.
    Oh my god, another critical bug... -.-

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AEIDOLONE View Post
    Oh my god, another critical bug... -.-
    I wouldn't say it's critical. Annoying at must.
    aka Ironik