Thread: World time attack STRANGE inconsistency

Platform
    PC

World time attack STRANGE inconsistency

In sugo, Master West EU Event, until yesterday, Speeddmon91 was the leader with the (REALLY) perfect time of 1.19.300. It was a perfect lap, for sure. Trying 2 days, all day, to reach 4th position with 1.19.376.
    Today, with my great amazement, i saw new record by a pro, OSCARO ROTAX, who did a before impossible time of 1.18.656. It sounds impossible, i mean, until now. Go back to track, to see Rotax ghost in action and...unbelievable... i did 1.19.050 on first try. Yesterday was impoossible, i today i didn't really made a perfect lap.
    The track conditions, or car setup, are silently changed today. Strange, and not really fair, without any word about it.
    HOT HOTLAPPER

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ottimooo

Il mio best in gara 1.20 3 e in test privati 1.19.8

Platform
    PC
    Maybe someone would make a favour to OSCARO drivers.
    HOT HOTLAPPER

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Another strangre thing, is that some drivers have a custom setup in this event the setup is blocked ..
    I don't know how they can use a custom setup .. i try many things, but im always with the default setup ..
    i tell sms about it, they said it was a bug, and they can't fix it on the server side, it needs a game fix .. so not for now

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by couffi View Post
    Another strangre thing, is that some drivers have a custom setup in this event the setup is blocked ..
    I don't know how they can use a custom setup .. i try many things, but im always with the default setup ..
    i tell sms about it, they said it was a bug, and they can't fix it on the server side, it needs a game fix .. so not for now
    Yeah, I noticed that too.
    I made a 1:18,759 with default setup and I could probably do a 1:18,6xx with a perfect lap.
    I thought that the custom setup icon was a graphical glitch, but, when I managed to improve my laptime and get closer to the ghost of BAM TomiKillos, I found that it was impossible to take the final corner that fast, no matter what I tried.
    I'm not the fastest outhere so I wasn't that worried about it. I managed to reach the 7th place, briefly, and I was already very happy with my 10th.

I then read someone claiming that it was possible to load a custom setups whereas the event is on "fixed setup".
    So I tried it to report it to SMS in case there is an exploit.
    It worked.

I then tried to improve my lap, just to see if I could go any faster... I gained 0.2s whereas I was struggling to gain 0.050s with default setup.
    I was hesitant to upload the time but ... well ... some guys were using a custom setup already, so why bother ?

I don't say that the guys with custom setups intended to cheat though. I'm quite sure it's not deliberate.

Tipostrano, please don't play the "conspiracy" card.

Anyway, as I'd like to know how fast I really am, everybody should be on an equal footing so I made a video of the exploit (I made it for SMS though).

Oh, by the way, TX3 Storm is incredibly fast with the default setup. That's impressive.
    I bet he would be the winner of this event with a custom setup.
    Last edited by ironik; 21-12-2017 at 15:05.
    aka Ironik

I7 7700K // ASUS PRIME Z270-A // 16Go DDR 4 // inno3d gtx1080 ti // OCZ agility 240Go // WD caviar Green 1To // Thrustmaster T300RS + Fanatec ClubSport pedals V3 // Oculus Rift CV1
    The following user likes this Post: tipostrano

Platform
    PC
    Well, i notice me too.
    You are right, and you made a good job reporting to sms.
    Well, for the cospiracy, i was wrong. And now i am an Oscaro driver too
    HOT HOTLAPPER
    The following user likes this Post: ironik

Platform
    PC
    And maybe you too i saw
    HOT HOTLAPPER