Thread: Sky Colour Banding

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Sky Colour Banding

I was doing an online race at Nürburgring GP in clear weather, which went from dusk to night, and I noticed some banding in the sky after the sun had set. I was in a GT3 car but can’t remember which one.

I then went to Private Testing and selected the same car at Brno. I started at 18:00 in clear weather and time progression set to x30. I noticed the banding again after the sun had set and wondered if it was to do with the accelerated time progression. I then went back and tried it at 20:00 with real time progression but the banding was still there. Both times were set to a date in April.

I use a PS4 Pro and only noticed the banding in HDR. SDR didn’t have any at all. I also use an LG 55 OLED B7V.

Has anybody else noticed this? I don’t remember seeing it before patch 3.0 but I wasn’t really looking out for it.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMansIndy500 View Post
    I was doing an online race at Nürburgring GP in clear weather, which went from dusk to night, and I noticed some banding in the sky after the sun had set. I was in a GT3 car but can’t remember which one.

I then went to Private Testing and selected the same car at Brno. I started at 18:00 in clear weather and time progression set to x30. I noticed the banding again after the sun had set and wondered if it was to do with the accelerated time progression. I then went back and tried it at 20:00 with real time progression but the banding was still there. Both times were set to a date in April.

I use a PS4 Pro and only noticed the banding in HDR. SDR didn’t have any at all. I also use an LG 55 OLED B7V.

Has anybody else noticed this? I don’t remember seeing it before patch 3.0 but I wasn’t really looking out for it.
    I also have the exact same setup as you ... HDR is completely broken on P Cars 2!
    Other games look stunning!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoPT View Post
    I also have the exact same setup as you ... HDR is completely broken on P Cars 2!
    Other games look stunning!
    Have you noticed the banding as well?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMansIndy500 View Post
    Have you noticed the banding as well?
    No mate ... usually i play with fixed weather/time of day.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I know it’s been a while since I started this post but was wondering if anybody else between then and now has noticed the issue I mentioned in my original post?