Thread: I'd like to introduce myself

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

I'd like to introduce myself

Hi,

I've recently started learning to race with Project Car 2 and am in the process of learning to keep it on the track with full reality settings. I'm mainly practicing with time trial at the moment so I'm looking for friends to measure my progress/times against before I start imposing myself on online racers.

I've been racing with all version of Forza since ver 2 and have also dabbled with F1. I've never been a good racer and will always be towards the middle or back of the pack as I'm just not much good, but I have always loved sim racing and respect the value of trying to emulate the real thing so I would not be somebody to play bumper cars(intentionally) to try and get a better result.

Anyway, Hello to all and if you are on a similar journey to me and would like a friend to measure yourself against and possible race at some time in the future my game tag is - UndecidedDog20
    Last edited by Stevebug; 15-12-2017 at 19:24.

Platform
    PC
    Greetings and welcome!

Step 1: If you're on XBox, update the platform in your profile so that everybody knows what system you're on.

I think you'll find this game quite different from Forza -- hopefully in a good way. I came from Forza as well and haven't touched it since getting PCars1 2 1/2 years ago. This game aims to be much more realistic than Forza. Whereas Forza is more about collecting and upgrading cars, this one is more focused on the racing. The physics and realism is on another level. That can be frustrating at times but it's also a challenge you can't get in most other games.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebug View Post
    Hi,

I've recently started learning to race with Project Car 2 and am in the process of learning to keep it on the track with full reality settings. I'm mainly practicing with time trial at the moment so I'm looking for friends to measure my progress/times against before I start imposing myself on online racers.

I've been racing with all version of Forza since ver 2 and have also dabbled with F1. I've never been a good racer and will always be towards the middle or back of the pack as I'm just not much good, but I have always loved sim racing and respect the value of trying to emulate the real thing so I would not be somebody to play bumper cars(intentionally) to try and get a better result.

Anyway, Hello to all and if you are on a similar journey to me and would like a friend to measure yourself against and possible race at some time in the future my game tag is - UndecidedDog20
    Sounds like you recieved a random generated gamertag from Xbox Live.. you can change it in the profile screen to something like e.g. SteveBug, Stevebug79 etc. you have one FREE gamertag change then the next change is $10 so choose wisely!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hello....I always got the forza games and liked them even if i did find them a bit unrealistic. Then i got PC1 and oh my god it was fab ( i got it very late after it had been patched and sorted out) now PC2 is even better, i was unsure before the patches and purchased forza 7 to try it and traded it in after 2 days as after playing project cars there is no way i can go back to it. Ive added you as a friend so if you fancy a few hot laps anytime give me a shout.

Platform
    PC
    I played quite a lot of Forza in the XBox360 days, and GT5-6 on the PS3 at the same time, but the Project CARS games are in a different league to those titles. You can see where Turn10 and Polyphony spend their development costs; the presentation and overall slickness is second to none, but the core driving physics and racing experience is so much less engaging it leaves you feeling unsatisfied. Welcome guys, there is an overwhelming amount of stuff to discover in this game, it will keep you going for ages.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Flat-6, hkraft300, Mowzer, PostBox981

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have added you also, I had PC1 as a Pre-Order and gave up on playing it for a long time due to issues with the game, but came back to it at the start of the year. Pre-Ordered PC2 when it became available and have been playing it for a while. I have also played the Forza games and F1 2016/2017. PC2 is amazing now with a few patches under its belt, and I am sure it will just get better and better with the DLC's and future patches.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hello. I added you on Live, I’m Lifehigh999. I also came over from Forza and the F1 games. The learning curve can feel pretty steep at times, but the game feels far more rewarding when all goes right. Hopefully, when you start to feel more confident with the game we can run some races.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hey! Welcome welcome welcome! You kinda sound exactly like me a couple years ago. Depending on what time you play I can help you out.

I'm an open wheel guy at heart and currently running an online open lobby competition on Wednesdays, however there are only 2 rounds left and you don't want to race online yet, but I'm definitely going to host another open wheel season of some sort. We could always set up times to practice and I can help you with learning new tracks, wheel to wheel action, blocking, and overtaking in training sessions. It would also help me with those things as well.
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster TX LE Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks to all for your kind advice and I look forward to seeing you on the track in the near future.

Thanks Steve
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Sgt Formula 1

Platform
    PC
    I think you've made a good choice of machine to play on too, the XBox1X seems like the definitive console version.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member