Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inherited Lobby.

Platform
    PC

Inherited Lobby.

Every time a host quits his (the) server I become host.
    Not now and again nor sometimes,,, but every time.

It's not my fast internet because I don't have a fast internet.
    Most certainly not my rank because it ranks
    Alphabetical order either, I've checked for that

I'm not the oldest guy around so it ain't that

Please advise, I would really like to know, it's become a fact that I can no longer ignore or deny.
    Why me ?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I often become the host too and don't know the criteria.
    It's not a big deal but almost every time I become the host I have an annoying bug : no more green lights at the start. Neither the HUD lights or the ones on the track. It's like I'm desynchronized.
    Last edited by Balles; 19-12-2017 at 06:30.
    PROCESSOR: watercooled I7 5820K@ 4.5Ghz. Video card : 1080GTX iChill X4 RAM : 32GB DDR4, OP SYS : Windows 10 64bit.
    HDD : SSD XP941 M.2 1Gb/s 256Go SCREEN : oculus CV1, WHEEL: Fanatec CSW V2, Formula, BMW, Flat rims, CSRE pedals, shifter SQ EU, handbrake
    OTHERS : motion rig 2DOF, Buttkicker THMP1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Balles View Post
    I often become the host too and don't know the criteria.
    I have an annoying bug :
    Can't say I've noticed that but I will most certainly keep my eyes peeled the next time I inherit a Lobby.

fellow Rifter

Platform
    PS4
    At least on PC1 I remember the next host in line was the first driver that joined the lobby unless he/she left so the order would be the next available driver in the order of having joined the lobby. I wonder if it is still the same.

EDIT: by the way I am on PS4 if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by lmntr; 19-12-2017 at 20:13.
    PS4 Console, Thrustmaster T150, PLa Headset, homemade race seat, Panasonic 50" TC-P50S60 600 MHz Plasma HDTV. Visit us at www.10tenths.net

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lmntr View Post
    At least on PC1 I remember the next host in line was the first driver that joined the lobby unless he/she left so the order would be the next available driver in the order of having joined the lobby. I wonder if it is still the same.

EDIT: by the way I am on PS4 if that makes a difference.
    Yes, this^^, first person to join after the host will be the next in line if the host leaves, you must have been joining right after the host or others that were in line to be host left leaving you as the next host.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum

https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA

Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.

Platform
    PC
    No, that's not it I'm sure, I often join in the last few minutes during qualif and I always look for at least a dozen drivers.
    Oh well, one of life's mysteries I suppose.

I'm more intrigued by the possibility of the loss of starting lights being related when becoming the host.
    This has happened in the past and I've a sneaking doubt that the two are related.
    To be confirmed...

Thanks.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Maybe you only notice when you get the lobby?
    I mean, others might be getting the lobby some times without you noticing, but when you get it you know?
    RookieRaceline | AllVirtualRacing
    Xbox Gamertag: Firben

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Just to confirm it happened again twice this morning. The host left, I was P1 and inherited the lobby. I had no green lights at the start twice.
    PROCESSOR: watercooled I7 5820K@ 4.5Ghz. Video card : 1080GTX iChill X4 RAM : 32GB DDR4, OP SYS : Windows 10 64bit.
    HDD : SSD XP941 M.2 1Gb/s 256Go SCREEN : oculus CV1, WHEEL: Fanatec CSW V2, Formula, BMW, Flat rims, CSRE pedals, shifter SQ EU, handbrake
    OTHERS : motion rig 2DOF, Buttkicker THMP1

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Balles View Post
    Just to confirm...
    Myself = 3 times with no starting lights over the last few days, so I'm going to declare "bug" !
    I also had the situation where the lights were on but in desync, once leaving me standing and the other time led to me speeding off before others.

I assume that this is a known and serious issue, if we take into consideration that most servers are PP and that many by the way the system is founded are inherited.
    Balles & myself are not the only to become host after the original server creator has left so this (may) concerns many.

I believe that inherited server results in race Start desync

Still no idea why I always become host but that has become a secondary matter.

Thanks...
    Last edited by Boneboys; 26-12-2017 at 08:59.

Platform
    PC
    Update :

I received a Host Migration Failed message (or something similar) and subsequent disconnect.
    When back in the server browser I could see the server showing Boneboys as host.

I joined my own server and continued as normal, starting lights were present at race start with no noticeable desync.
    Midway through the race I lost connection to the server, I've no idea why and the message was standard with no real loss of points (I will check later to confirm).

Have fun...