Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wind Simulator

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Wind Simulator

Hi All,

I was for a while looking to buy a wind simulator...After 2 or 3 tentatives, I realized that nothing in the market had all features I wanted or it was too complex to build and program.

So I partnered with an amazing engineer friend of mine and we build a fantastic SMART wind simulator for us.

We loved so much that we decided to offer to our fellow sim racers.

We are a home based small shop that is very proud to help the sim racing community.

To see our wind simulator in more details, please visit the website we did to showcase it.

simracingstudio.com
    The following 5 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Fiyah, Francisnf, JasonSandwich, zzjorzz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    what a funny idea. good luck with that guys (i've got too much wind going on from my pc so don't need any more..). but i've got a smile on my face after getting what this is all about.

somewhere in the descpription of the tachometer you write: " It uses artifical intelligence to maximize each car's top speed."
    Last edited by beatrunner; 20-12-2017 at 21:25.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi beatrunner... My name is Gilbert, I am the product manager for SRS...Very happy you like the concept. Having variable wind based on car speed is a whole new level of immersion than just having wind.

Also, to answer your question about "It uses artifical intelligence to maximize each car's top speed"

It's simple, we use AI to learn and optimise when the shift light should flash to indicate optimal shift point.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Dunno, it looks cheap. 3D printed stuff usually aren't very satisfying in terms of quality. And isn't that just a repurposed computer fan? :P
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz
    GPU: KFA2/Galaxy GeForce GTX 1070 Ti EX
    Wheel: Xbox One Controller

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Lol. Of course it's a repurposed fan. You need a fan to make wind. What we added was a high tech set of electronics and software engineering to make it feel more real. Fan speed is variable as you break and accelerate. We removed all EMF noise. Automated firmware updates and made it so easy to install that you can just plug and race. The go pro mount style is perfect to allow ready assembly to any rig. Plus it's affordable and everybody who got so far just love it... But if you prefer do DIY, have fun. It's lots of long nights and weekends to make it fun.

Platform
    PC
    Best of luck with this guys. Hope it does well for you.
    AsRock X370 Taichi MB /AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.4Ghz / G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 / Samsung NVMe SSD 960 Evo M.2
    Samsung 250GB 850 EVO (SSD) / 2 X SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX480 8GB/OC 1342Mhz / SeaSonic Focus 750W Gold / AMD Adrenalin 18.2.1 drivers / Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27 Curved WQHD 2560 x 1440p 144Hz monitor.
    Windows 10 64bit / TrackIR 5, ver 5.2 final drivers / Logitech G27
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Sum Dixon-Ear

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gmerariu View Post
    Hi beatrunner... My name is Gilbert, I am the product manager for SRS...Very happy you like the concept. Having variable wind based on car speed is a whole new level of immersion than just having wind.

Also, to answer your question about "It uses artifical intelligence to maximize each car's top speed"

It's simple, we use AI to learn and optimise when the shift light should flash to indicate optimal shift point.
    thanks for clarification. but optimal shifting for me is about faster acceleration and not topseed. or am i wrong?
    if my usual PC2 GT3 setup can have faster topspeed (maximized top speed) with that thing - i'll buy.

i'm picky i know. but wouldn't "maximize each car's acceleration" be the right thing to promise to a SIM driver?

i love your effort and i'm just bored and don't want to offence/offense (attack) anybody. i'd love to be able to build such things for my self or even have the ability to programm and all the great craftsmanship you put in there. good luck again.

WMD Member
    Casefans do not have enough power to produce enough wind for immersion, i know this from my own experience

Now this is a "real" windsimulator capable of blowing winds up to 60 km/h

The following 2 users likes this Post: johan_L, senna94f1

Platform
    PC
    i feel sorry for you dry eyes unless you using googles or something.
    Racing on: Lenovo Y720, i5-7300HQ, 16GB ram, GTX1060 6GB GDDR5, SSD 256GB + SATA 1TB + LG LED 34" UltraWide 2560x1080
    Wheel:T300RS + 599XX EVO Alcantara Edition + CSL Elite LC + TH8A + DSD P1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fanapryde, satco1066

Platform
    PC
    yep. I don't think its a really good idea.
    Real cars have windshields or pilots wearing helmets.
    This devices, constantly blowing to your head makes you ill. Happy catching a could i'd say
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

The following user likes this Post: Alphonse Magova