Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind Simulator

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    yep. I don't think its a really good idea.
    Real cars have windshields or pilots wearing helmets.
    This devices, constantly blowing to your head makes you ill. Happy catching a could i'd say
    Excellent point. I direct my 2 fans to my chest and chin. Not in the eyes... The sense of speed really changes the immersion...We sold over 40 kits in the last month and everyone who got it is impressed with how it change the sim experience for them. Sim is about immersion. Not reality...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: LibranRabbit, senna94f1

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pablito View Post
    i feel sorry for you dry eyes unless you using googles or something.
    I only drive in VR which completely eliminates that problem. The thing is that with VR you gonna need a cooling solution, so you might as well make it speedbased.

Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    yep. I don't think its a really good idea.
    Real cars have windshields or pilots wearing helmets.
    This devices, constantly blowing to your head makes you ill. Happy catching a could i'd say
    Don't worry about that, i have been running this wind sim for over a year now without any troubles.

Real cars don't have : Flat screens your looking through, fake FFB effects and a whole lot of other stuff we simraces use for immersion. The DIY windsim turns 3d into 4d and immensely increases the sense of acceleration and speed. Until now everybody who has tried it was amazed.

The casefans might do the job, but they are no match for the seaflow fans when they are running at full speed. Still some speedbased wind is still better than no wind at all.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Alright everyone...

Some good news...and some more good news

V18 is coming soon

What's new?

- Improved Wind Curving for iracing using Lataccel
    - Added Wind Curving for RF2, Pcars, Pcars 2 and Asseto Corsa
    - Added support for power wind and tach for Race Room experience (no wind curving for now)
    - Fixed a few bugs (i.e. max fan % text box not working in v17

Also, we are having a Anti-Valentine promotion.

Yes, you read it well. If you prefer to spend time sim racing better than with your valentine, enjoy our anti valentine promotion.

$20 off on any purchase

coupon code: valentine2018

Valid until Feb 14 2018.

Head of Development
    Platform
    PC
    I bought one of these (the twin fan version) from SRS, and I'm very happy with it. It works excellently with Project CARS 2, and other games. A very nice plug and play solution in my opinion, something I've been looking for for a while (since I switched to VR really - I was using a static fan for cooling, and enjoyed the extra immersion it gave even then).

(Note, this is posted with my sim racer hat on, not my SMS one. And I'm not on commission!)
    Intel i7 7700K (OC@5Ghz), 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, Acer X34 monitor (3440x1440 at 100hz), Oculus Rift, W10 Pro, DSL 70/20, XBox One Elite controller, Bodnar DD wheel and Heusinkveld pedals
    The following 7 users likes this Post: AdamVi, Fiyah, JasonSandwich, Ryzza5, satco1066, senna94f1, Sessionerror

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Software Version 21 is ready for download

What's New?

- Improved tuning of road effects for all games
    - Added "Wind curving" to all games supported
    - Fixed a few UI bugs when configuring, testing and tuning the bass_shakers
    - Keyboard shortcuts are working again
    - Added support for more games
    The following user likes this Post: Fiyah

Platform
    PC
    Don't answer the naysayers...remember, argue with a fool and then there will be two! They will usually beat you with experience...
    I'm building a hi-flow set and they will be directed at my body. I rally and sweat a lot, unlike track racing, it's very physical and with real rally you have two roof air vents that give you a lot of air to keep you cool.
    Last edited by LibranRabbit; 28-04-2018 at 00:01.
    The following user likes this Post: senna94f1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am interested in a srs power wind, I have two bass shaker working with sim commander 4 I'm not sure if they worked together.

Anybody ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Garton View Post
    I bought one of these (the twin fan version) from SRS, and I'm very happy with it. It works excellently with Project CARS 2, and other games. A very nice plug and play solution in my opinion, something I've been looking for for a while (since I switched to VR really - I was using a static fan for cooling, and enjoyed the extra immersion it gave even then).

(Note, this is posted with my sim racer hat on, not my SMS one. And I'm not on commission!)
    Yeap I use 2 high speed fans to cool me down when racing as most of us know that we get overheated , I kinda have one of my fans for that purpose, wind in ya hair , (wait I have no hair ) ok eyebrows ,check I have eyebrows lol ,

I think it's a very good idea ,