Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: would you get pcars2 if using a controller, currently?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

would you get pcars2 if using a controller, currently?

I've been reading a lot recently both pros and cons especially about ds4 controller wrinkles.
    -controller saturation
    -motion tilt lag
    -180degrees steer limit

I for one am looking for a fun racing sim with strong offline career options, playable using the controller. I'm also a bit of a hardcore casual gamer.
    I have very limited time to invest so I'd rather enjoy racing over fiddling with settings.

all considered would you recommend pcars2 in its current state with a controller? are you having fun with it?
    i also like rally as well as nascaresque oval racing which I hear is poorly implemented.

there seem to be polarised views in forums all over. what are your thoughts?

And alternatives?
    dirt4 + gtsport + nascarheat2 came to mind, although I would definitely prefer a single solution

thanks
    L
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Platform
    PS4
    PC2 has good career. Don’t know about dirt or nascar. Gts doesn’t have a career.

If you’re “hardcore gamer” you’ll play with the settings and make the game work for you.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I'd recommend getting a wheel if you're serious about racing games, stating the obvious but it's so much better. GT Sport wouldn't be a bad shout if you plan to stick with your controller. It's quite arcadey, so shouldn't be too hard to master with a controller. But as above, theres no career as such, except the driving school challenges, you can do custom races, otherwise its racing online. (I got bored of it after 2 days, not touched it since)

PC2 gives you a lot more options regarding career and offline play. There's a lot more to PC2 though regarding what you can do with cars/setups etc. I've only played briefly with my controller, I didn't think it was too bad... but maybe a more regular controller user can offer better advice...

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I play with a controller and drive the cars "out of the box"...takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it there's really nothing to it...
    Having a blast by the way and personally i don't need a wheel for that...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

DIY rig walk-through :

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-walkthrough
    The following 3 users likes this Post: giulianbu, hkraft300, Vic Flange

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you are like me and want full steering then you won't be happy but the cars are very controllable.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roushman624 View Post
    If you are like me and want full steering then you won't be happy but the cars are very controllable.
    How do you know what the handling is like with a DS4... you play on an Xbox, do you not?
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    How do you know what the handling is like with a DS4... you play on an Xbox, do you not?
    Does he have full steering on the DS4? I don't think so. The cars handle fine but we don't have what we should have.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Roushman624 View Post
    Does he have full steering on the DS4? I don't think so. The cars handle fine but I don't have what I want.
    FTFY.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Personally, I would go GT Sport if you can't afford A$300 for a decent wheel (T150 or better, preferably T300 or G29). I bought both PC2 and GTS prior to getting my wheel. I played both with controller and found PC to be quite a frustrating experience. Admittedly I haven't played with controller since some of the new patches so it may be a better experience, but I had some great online races in GT Sport that I just couldn't do online with controller on PC2.

Also, GT Sport is receiving a career type mode in the coming weeks plus a stack of new cars. It will be very well supported by PD/Sony probably to the extent Drive Club was, if not better. The reason they are selling it so cheap is because they will probably pump out the DLC in future and get their money back that way.

In short, I probably wouldn't buy anything more than the base pack for PC2 if I only had a controller. It's on sale at the moment pretty cheap on PS Store, and I think there's a demo you can try as well to see if you like it.

Saying that, I bought a G29 out of frustration with PC2 and have never looked back. It's a different level. Sure GT Sport is still fun with a wheel as well, but it doesn't feel as meaty as PC2 does, nor have the variety of cars to drive (that actually feel different to each other).

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sum Dixon-Ear View Post
    FTFY.
    It's not just me. A lot of people want that and yes we should have it. Why should we not have the same full steering as wheel users? The 2&4 already has it in the game because they let it slip apparently and it's the best one out of them all because of it. The OP even stated he basically wants it but can't because they don't allow it for controller.