Bunch of problems I've found

CPU - AMD FX 8350 4.1ghz
    RAM - 2x 4GB
    GPU - Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1060 6GB
    HDD - Game install
    SSD - OS/Steam install

Straight into it

AI

-Drive crazy shimmying left and right if a car is within a meter of them.

-Have no idea where to brake if you get in front of them and most times I get tapped and end up running through marbles, quite a few times it's just been a big hit and I'd off into the wall.

-Their super high grip (coupled with the shimmying) makes them really un-natural to race with. Well over shooting turn ins and magically still clipping apexs at hot lap speeds.

-They jump the inside kerbs constantly and get no penalties ever, for anything.

-Puddles and ice mean nothing to them, they just drive through them like they're not there at all.

-Just drive like beginners and have no spacial awareness or anything at all, which is a pain for the people that don't have a good enough connection for online / want to avoid the awful players that ram everyone / have data caps / don't want online

-If the AI crash, and they do, a lot (on Nordschleife at least) and they loose their hood, after about couple of minutes a very dented and crumpled hood will appear out of no where.

General
    -The game seems to start to run like crap after a while and looks very jittery. I run 20-40 minute races and about half way, every time, performance drops off. Nothing seems to be odd in the Windows Resource Monitor though.

-Replays do not save. I have tried many, many times and they do not show up in the driver network profile page. Even if you view the replay after a race, save it, then go back to the menu after the race, back into the replay and save it again.
    Nothing saves.

-You car will get dirty if you chase another car. If you pass or they get away from you, your car just ends up looking perfectly clean after a couple of minutes. Then it'll get dirty if you follow someone. BUT if you, for example get a lead in front of
    everyone, your car still gets fully dirty (specifically the nose of the car) for no reason.

-If you do a race and a wheel comes off, if you restart the wheel is still visually gone but the car will drive perfectly fine. You must exit to menu and reload to get the visual wheel back.

- Penalties are crazy. 1 hot lap of Imola, using most the kerbs ended up with 51 seconds in penalties. For running the racing line with no cuts, off tracks or contact.

- The game flickered a black screen and the shadow play icon started flickering so I quit and reopened the game and my career was deleted (did 2 races in go karts so I wasn't worried), and all my settings were gone for race favourites, controls, visuals, audio, everything

-You can't save control mappings. I play with a G27, but I set the game options to use an xbox controller to see how it drove, then set the game options back to the G27 and everything was defaulted and needed re mapped.

Fun Pack DLC
    The RTR Drift car is listed as a 4 speed sequential in the menu, but in game it's a 4 speed H pattern. Enabling the Pit Speed Limiter does nothing either.

There is some other stuff that I can't remember at the moment. The draft the website said it saved, didn't, and then it signed me out.

Other than all that. The game is very enjoyable and the immersion is next level in my opinion compared to RF2, AC, LFS. Feels like a racing sim that's a wee bit "arcade" so that any one can pick it up and play which is both a good and bad thing (Did I mention raming?). The weather is awesome to play around in, Nordschleife at midnight in a blizzard in snow season is incredibly good fun and challenging.
    Only reason I bought RF2 was for some weather and night racing, but seeing as the DX11 never seems to be done PC2 has more than made up for it.
    Even if it's "a bit less realistic" than other game, no game is like driving a real car with gforces, heat, noise, crashes, fear and so on so it really doesn't matter.
    I hope development sorts the bugs out instead of the "smash a ton of DLC out for the money and never fix anything" mentality like a lot of other large games, but I won't hold my breath.

Platform
    PC
    What setting are you running for the AI? I don't really recognise the behaviour you describe there, sounds much more like your average public lobby.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 017 View Post
    -You car will get dirty if you chase another car. If you pass or they get away from you, your car just ends up looking perfectly clean after a couple of minutes. Then it'll get dirty if you follow someone. BUT if you, for example get a lead in front of
    everyone, your car still gets fully dirty (specifically the nose of the car) for no reason.
    Are you sure you're not just seeing that the dirt build-up on the car is tied to time progression speed?
    Also, when driving a real car around a track for long enough, it will get dirty simply because of the environment being dirty. Perhaps it should get dirty less fast than when trailing other cars, but that's a level of detail that is not in the game yet.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    I think he's right, cars do mysteriously clean themselves part way through a race sometimes. Has been reported in the past.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    What setting are you running for the AI? I don't really recognise the behaviour you describe there, sounds much more like your average public lobby.
    AI on 90%, aggressiveness at 30%. And I do recognize the behavior @017 is describing very well. It is actually quite clear that the AI is not very good and smart. When you are on the inside of a corner next to each other (AI car), they simply ram inside. Also when braking for a corner and AI is behind you many times they just hit you. I hope some better algorithms will be found/written by SMS and they also agree it can be much better.

Platform
    PC
    I think he's right, cars do mysteriously clean themselves part way through a race sometimes. Has been reported in the past.
    I've seen that too, but it was related to time progression.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    At 90% that would put the AI drivers slightly higher than a decent sim racer in average circumstances. Best way to tell is to start at the back and compare your laptimes against the front runners. If you are a bit slower, think of it from the AI's point of view, the player would be a slow driver braking too early, if you were right behind someone and they brake too soon, you'd hit them too.

I'm not saying they are perfect, but I do think they are good enough for the player to have to adjust their mindset when racing them compared to any other games I can think of. If you dive into a gap, they might turn in on you just like a human opponent might. Pro drivers leave racing room for their opponents and pick their opportunities to make a pass, if you approach it in the same way I think you'll find them very satisfying to race against. I've had loads of battles where you are door to door with an AI for several corners in succession, but if you dive for gaps don't be surprised when they don't just roll over and give way.

I've had plenty of wtf moments with AI, but when I have played the replay back, I have to admit to myself 'yeah, that was always going to end in tears'. I think quite a bit is down to expectations, so if someone expects a bunch of dumb bots that they can barge out of the way, it will be a surprise. Treat them like there is a real human in that car, which in turn will cost money to fix if you break it and it can be very different.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    At 90% that would put the AI drivers slightly higher than a decent sim racer in average circumstances. Best way to tell is to start at the back and compare your laptimes against the front runners. If you are a bit slower, think of it from the AI's point of view, the player would be a slow driver braking too early, if you were right behind someone and they brake too soon, you'd hit them too.
    Thanks for your answer. I feel that is something different. For me AI level would implicitly mean how good their lap times are. Ok, For good lap times you need to brake late but that doesn't mean they should not be aware of cars in front/aside. I have some example, and this may be a somewhat exaggerated example, but it does indicate my point. I feel AI seems to be blind. In this example it is just leaving the pit but it happens in many, many corners as well.

The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Well that clearly happened, and you could certainly argue that there could be adjustments made to the pitlane AI awareness. As you say, they aren't seeing you correctly, but to be fair, you did slow down in the pit lane exit area, past the speed limit sign, so that clip is good for a bit of edge case bugtesting certainly. I've never brake tested the AI in the pit lane, I think I would just get the hammer down in that situation, so I've never seen that one. What I was talking about was in race situations, where I find them on the whole exceptionally skilled.

WMD1 + WMD2 Member

Platform
    PC
    Ok, clear. As I stated 'this may be a somewhat exaggerated example' it does give an example what is going on. This also happens in race situations. It would be nice if SMS can polish the AI some more by doing tests and look for unwanted situations regarding AI. This would make the offline experience even better.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves