Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Texture Flicker

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by punkdog69 View Post
    How do you turn TOD off?
    TOD is Time Of Day ! just set it in where you set the weather and time and things , Time Of Day has Off - x60 Values just like weather

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    TOD is Time Of Day ! just set it in where you set the weather and time and things , Time Of Day has Off - x60 Values just like weather
    Isn't that Time Progression?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Isn't that Time Progression?
    Well yeah..... Lol, how could i turn the time off, me saying time of day is the wrong term lol but yeah time progression is what i waa getting at to stop shadows from moving and flickering.
    Thanks for making me feel stupid ;p

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Well yeah..... Lol, how could i turn the time off, me saying time of day is the wrong term lol but yeah time progression is what i waa getting at to stop shadows from moving and flickering.
    Thanks for making me feel stupid ;p
    Somebody on here mentioned deleting the oculus folder in docs if you have been playing with the settings. It seems to make things a lot clearer and the flickering isn't perfect but its better.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Somebody on here mentioned deleting the oculus folder in docs if you have been playing with the settings. It seems to make things a lot clearer and the flickering isn't perfect but its better.
    Yeah i do that just about everytime i make adjustments.

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    2 different issues. White flash is sensor related and I was able to completely remove it by going to one sensor. I researched the white flash which happens in alot of games related to the sensors and normally notice when they are not set up right or need calibration. The flash with some color to it is a random frame from a different viewing perspective thrown in the mix. I still get this a few times over a night and I think it happens with asw. Strange thing is some guys get flashes with no vr. Idk which kind of flash but you can read lots of reports on here.
    I've only ever run with one sensor, so that's not a solution for me. Everything is properly calibrated, too. It's in tip-tops that the flashing is most obvious - there are odd flickering highlights on the inside roof of the car, on the underside of the roll cages... like I said earlier, the best way I can describe it is like somebody is flashing a torch inside the car. The whole cockpit doesn't light up, just odd highlights do. It also seems to affect seams in the geometry of the roof lining. In VR it's REALLY annoying.

It doesn't happen all the time and might be dependent on ToD (sun angle? shadows?) or a graphical setting, but in the demo in the Lambo it's really noticeable on the first corner at RBR.

Anyway, at the moment it's enough to stop me buying the game again (along with the other graphical glitches like flickering fences and flickering distant objects) because it's a constant distraction in VR. If SMS can fix it then I'll probably jump back in, but I'm starting to think it's one of those issues that isn't a high priority and won't ever get proper attention.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, NLv3 motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Are we getting any updates regards to this problem?
    I am also getting this weird flickering issues (Red Bull Ring, Nurburging GP, Monza GP, etc)
    I did try different FOV on VR but it only helps the object poping up issues, not the texture flickering.

I will provide videos to prove I am not trolling here, if necessary.

GPU: ASUS GTX 1070/ CPU: Intel i5 6600/ Mobo: Msi Z170i/ RAM: 8GB 2400MHz/ SSD: 250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Wheel: Logitech G25/ VR: Samsung WMR

Platform
    PC
    I find object popping far more annoying than texture flicker. I’d also recommend you stop looking for graphics flaws and just drive then you’ll barely care

Graphic flaw sensitivity is a condition and you need treatment

Joking aside, I see gaming like listening to a piece of music. Sit back and enjoy the song for what it is and you find joy. Sit and analyse every part of it and you’ll always find flaws and ruin it.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have this issue too. Anyone have a solution?

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I find object popping far more annoying than texture flicker. I’d also recommend you stop looking for graphics flaws and just drive then you’ll barely care

Graphic flaw sensitivity is a condition and you need treatment

Joking aside, I see gaming like listening to a piece of music. Sit back and enjoy the song for what it is and you find joy. Sit and analyse every part of it and you’ll always find flaws and ruin it.
    I use gaming as an escape and trying to simulate what I can't do irl , so to have texture flicker and even pop in really detracts from that immersion ! As does shimmer and jaggies , saying that , so does the lower res of the Rift but that's all we have atm . Having texture flicker doesnt need to happen as is evident in many many current and old games .
    No matter how hard I try to sit back and enjoy it , it takes away what that immersion I'm gaming for !
    Hence me spending more and more time in other games than pC2 , that will only become more and more as newer games come out that hopefully have graphical engines that match their physics engine for quality !
    pC2 has had this issue since at least pC1 and hopefully by the time pC3 is here SMS can have a decent looking graphics engine and VR will be at 4k at least and nVidia finally release something newer than Pascal !
    Last edited by BigDad; 09-07-2018 at 05:45.