Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Objects in the mirror are MUCH CLOSER than they appear!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I also feel quite strongly the FOV in the mirrors is way way way too wide. Not just the virtual mirror, but the in-car mirrors as well. One of the few cars (the only car?) where the mirrors FOV feels right is the lotus 49C. All the others its so wide the cars are super super tiny and its hard to tell if there's anyone behind you.

Its especially bad in VR since the increased pixelation makes using the mirror quite difficult

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beatrunner View Post
    sometimes the mirrors/incar-screens (488 GT3) shows different weather then what actually is there (i.e. it shows sunny, where's it's changed to cloudy / darker).
    i've experienced this especially with fast time progression settings...
    I think what you're referring to is that the shadows are missing in the mirrors, so during sunsets, for instance, the track in front of you looks quite dark (due to all the surrounding trees) while the track in the mirror looks quite bright (since the trees don't cast shadows in the mirror), so it looks like its sunny noon in the mirror, giving you the impression that time progression is off in there. Its working as intended.

Platform
    PC
    Since the beta of Project Cars 1, that many of was wanted mirrors like in real life, looking at the mirror is a waste of time due to the scale, and if you donīt look at the times table you may think the back drive is far away...maybe the mirror is like that because of performance, donīt know the reason to be like that, an enormous FOV
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - GTX 1080 TI (1900MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64 Lenovo WMR

Pedro Ferreira

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pferreirag60 View Post
    Since the beta of Project Cars 1, that many of was wanted mirrors like in real life, looking at the mirror is a waste of time due to the scale, and if you donīt look at the times table you may think the back drive is far away...maybe the mirror is like that because of performance, donīt know the reason to be like that, an enormous FOV
    Don't forget that the relative times also lies: link
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Reviving this thread. SMS any word on updating the mirror FOVs? They really could use an update....

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    bumping this thread again because this annoys me so much - so many times someone has tried to divebomb past me, but i can't give them space or even defend because in the mirror they are barely visible in the distance.

the FOV difference between the virtual mirror and actually looking backwards is a complete joke. i can see no valid reason the FOV is so exaggerated - it's not realistic nor does it give any sort of advantage.

i guess this shows how many improvements and fixes have been delivered, but this is now my number 1 issue in the game.

This issue actually seems marginally better after Patch 6 -I can now just about see a car that is 1 sec back, when I'm pretty sure I couldn't before. Whether that is the case or not - please SMS just fix it so it works like a real rear-view mirror.
    XBOX ONE X LOGITECH G920
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, OddTimer

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Thing is, very few cars allow you to set up a realistic FoV (sitting as close as possible in a rig to a 55"TV) and still be able to back up your seating position to actually show the whole real mirror. Eventually, the seat back obscures your position (even more so if body movement front/back is simulated, as acceleration puts you into the seat and blind!).

So it's kind of a moot point. The solution IRL if a driver couldn't move his head far enough to see the whole mirror would be the engineers moving the mirror so he could!

So, that's what I'd really like... The ability to move the real mirror left/right so you can see it, not just a little bit of it.

BTW, to a certain extent, the FoV of the fake mirror is helpful. Basically, you aren't completely clear of the car ahead until you can see its full width. If even a bit of it is off to the edge, he's got a bit of an overlap. So it helps (if you don't use the spotter, who can be a bit laggy anyway) to let you know when you can take the lane in front of a car you just passed, or avoid moving over on a car that has passed your rear bumper.
    Last edited by simsimsheree; 20-06-2018 at 21:59.

Platform
    PC
    In other SIM, all that is needed to do to set the FOV for the mirrors is access a Json.ini files somewhere in the game folder, I do not understand why it cannot be done in PCars2.
    Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals, CSS SQ shifter
    OS: Window 10, 64 bit, Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti
    Oculus Rift CV1.