Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: License point drops

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Angry License point drops

In the weekend my license rank dropped from ( D1438 to E1464 with 2% ), Almost F in no time. After qualifying the game crashed and my license rank dropped. And when other racers hit my car i get contact warnings that effect my reputation. Does anyone has the sqame problem??

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietje ANX View Post
    In the weekend my license rank dropped from ( D1438 to E1464 with 2% ), Almost F in no time. After qualifying the game crashed and my license rank dropped. And when other racers hit my car i get contact warnings that effect my reputation. Does anyone has the sqame problem??
    Yes, to me this a huge problem. It's a deal breaker for me and I just avoid multiplayer anymore. I can on about it, but no one wants to hear it. But yes, this a problem for me as well.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: davidt33, vwpolo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The loss of points due to disconnects and crashes is a problem. But the impact on the safety rating is working fine. It always takes at least two people for a crash. I hate to say it, but learn to drive and watch your mirrors.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m00lean View Post
    The loss of points due to disconnects and crashes is a problem. But the impact on the safety rating is working fine. It always takes at least two people for a crash. I hate to say it, but learn to drive and watch your mirrors.
    Uh, no. It doesn't take 2 people to crash. Just one intent on putting you in the wall. Which is a regular occurrence. Learn to drive. Lol. Typical answer.
    And honestly, I don't think driving has that much to do with your performance. Your car setup does. I can race against the AI will all different kinds of settings, yet perform just fine. The car handles differently, but I can come to grips with it. But in multiplayer, you simply can't compete unless you find 'that right' setup.
    I watch guys in multiplayer fly around the track in GT3 cars as if they're driving F1 cars. It looks ridiculous. It's quite unrealistic. But this is part of the game otherwise a lot of people will lose interest. So, it's all about that really. The setup. Find that and your car goes around a circuit like a go-kart. Easy to drive.
    Last edited by Foofer37; 27-12-2017 at 15:30.
    The following user likes this Post: vwpolo

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Foofer37 View Post
    Uh, no. It doesn't take 2 people to crash. Just one intent on putting you in the wall. Which is a regular occurrence. Learn to drive. Lol. Typical answer.
    And honestly, I don't think driving has that much to do with your performance. Your car setup does. I can race against the AI will all different kinds of settings, yet perform just fine. The car handles differently, but I can come to grips with it. But in multiplayer, you simply can't compete unless you find 'that right' setup.
    I watch guys in multiplayer fly around the track in GT3 cars as if they're driving F1 cars. It looks ridiculous. It's quite unrealistic. But this is part of the game otherwise a lot of people will lose interest. So, it's all about that really. The setup. Find that and your car goes around a circuit like a go-kart. Easy to drive.
    Nope, it doesn't have to do with the setup. The setup might give you an extra second or so, or a bit more in long tracks, but it's not mostly about setup. I think almost every single sim racer (including myself) at some point believed it is all about the setup, but at some point you realize it isn't, it's just that some people are extremely fast and they simply get an extra help from their setup. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will get even faster than what you are now, because you will concentrate on further improving your skill.

And about the crashes and safety ranking, as a lot of people have pointed out before, it does not matter if you also get penalized when someone rams you. The rammer will ram another 10 people and will accumulate a lot of "negative" points. You, as a clean driver, you will only have this one negative point from that crash, so if you drive cleanly otherwise, you will quickly increase your safety ranking, while the rammer will always stay at U.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, hkraft300, justonce68, Sloskimo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Nope, it doesn't have to do with the setup. The setup might give you an extra second or so, or a bit more in long tracks, but it's not mostly about setup. I think almost every single sim racer (including myself) at some point believed it is all about the setup, but at some point you realize it isn't, it's just that some people are extremely fast and they simply get an extra help from their setup. The sooner you realize this, the sooner you will get even faster than what you are now, because you will concentrate on further improving your skill.

And about the crashes and safety ranking, as a lot of people have pointed out before, it does not matter if you also get penalized when someone rams you. The rammer will ram another 10 people and will accumulate a lot of "negative" points. You, as a clean driver, you will only have this one negative point from that crash, so if you drive cleanly otherwise, you will quickly increase your safety ranking, while the rammer will always stay at U.
    So what are your settings in whatever GT3 car you like to run? Just, whatever? Or do you have specific settings? Fuel level, wing, tires etc. It does matter. Why say it doesn't? If I say run little to no wing in say the 911 GT3 and hard tires you won't be able to get it around the track. Not nearly as fast as someone that has a better setup anyway. So again, why say it's not about setup? Hey I'm all into saying that some guys have real skill, but not without the proper setup.
    The following user likes this Post: vwpolo

Platform
    PC
    Here is my winning 911 GT3 setup, drop fuel, hard tyres always, TCS off, done. ;-)

Although against cpcdem in a Ferrari lol, dead duck.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Fight-Test

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Here is my winning 911 GT3 setup, drop fuel, hard tyres always, TCS off, done. ;-)

Although against cpcdem in a Ferrari lol, dead duck.
    Which means if I'm not mistaken, you're running front wing at 1.00 and rear wing at 7.00. I believe that's the default. So, these settings matter too then? Right?

Platform
    PC
    Which means if I'm not mistaken, you're running front wing at 1.00 and rear wing at 7.00. I believe that's the default. So, these settings matter too then? Right?
    Depends on the track. maybe drop the rear occasionally to 5 on longer straights but what I'm getting at is minimal tuning required.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    So what are your settings in whatever GT3 car you like to run? Just, whatever? Or do you have specific settings? Fuel level, wing, tires etc. It does matter. Why say it doesn't? If I say run little to no wing in say the 911 GT3 and hard tires you won't be able to get it around the track. Not nearly as fast as someone that has a better setup anyway. So again, why say it's not about setup? Hey I'm all into saying that some guys have real skill, but not without the proper setup.
    I like the 488, I am using 2-5 downforce in all tracks, have gotten used to it and never bothered adjusting it per track. I make small pressure adjustments so it goes up to around 26 psi hot, around 52-48 brake bias, I use 13%-14% traction control and also adjust the diff a bit, higher coast and lower preload in order to give a bit better turn in, but that's about it. Maybe also a little lower front ARB, but I am really not comfortable making suspension or damper changes at all. I don't think those changes me make me much faster, but they do make me a bit more comfortable. Yes, it does matter, but to my experience setup maybe gives you 10% of your speed and the rest is practice over and over again.
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test