Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: License point drops

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by swsuk View Post
    However.. (and I have seen this more than once now) if I end up at the back due to my own error or being rammed, so potential contact, damaged car and having to limp around to the pits, I find that if I rejoin behind say 2nd or 3rd and complete the race (bearing in mind I'm a lap down) I can gain ~10 or more skill points.
    Yes, I've seen that, too. Last week I was in a server so bad, rammed too many times that I really had no courage left to continue, so at the 2nd to last lap I just waited for the leader to pass me and finish the race behind him, one lap down, without needing to limp for another lap. I thought that this way I would at least lose less points than by completely abandoning the race, but not only did that happen, but in addition I actually gained some points! Looked like the system awarded me points as if I was 2nd place, instead of one lap down that I really was.
    The following user likes this Post: FxUK

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    It is really tricky, I find PC2 tough to race to begin with. The cars are way twitchier so even those behaving often spin or run into you which affects your own rating. I was REALLY hooked up at Monza, running mid pack but passing people easily, I can around lesmo2 and a car spun RIGHT on the racing line. I just clipped him and boom, my race was over and I lost points.

So annoying as you get caught in a circle of shite as you cannot escape the U lobbies.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yes, I've seen that, too. Last week I was in a server so bad, rammed too many times that I really had no courage left to continue, so at the 2nd to last lap I just waited for the leader to pass me and finish the race behind him, one lap down, without needing to limp for another lap. I thought that this way I would at least lose less points than by completely abandoning the race, but not only did that happen, but in addition I actually gained some points! Looked like the system awarded me points as if I was 2nd place, instead of one lap down that I really was.

In such a scenario, I wonder how that would affect the person who is actually in 2nd.. points wise. Maybe, in some situations, it could also be the reason some players are losing points when they finish in a high position, especially if they are behind back markers with much lower skill rank.

i.e physical positions crossing the finish line:

1) 1st S1600
    2) 18th F1000 (lap down)
    3) 19th C1100 (lap down)
    4) 2nd S1600

18th would score as if 2nd (so it seems), 19th as if 3rd, so would 2nd places points be considered as losing to F1000 & C1100 (therefore losing a lot of points, I assume)
    Seems to me like the whole skill point system could be very easily manipulated if this is the case, it already seems like it partially can (to raise your own rank)
    Last edited by FxUK; 12-01-2018 at 14:57.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If it indeed works (by mistake) like that, it can certainly explain some very strange point awarding that we've all seen. Needs some testing to confirm this, but I am really not looking forward to finishing many more more races a lap down, just to find out!