Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: License point drops

  1. #11
    Superkart Pilot davidt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Trinidad, W.I.
    Posts
    581
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietje ANX View Post
    In the weekend my license rank dropped from ( D1438 to E1464 with 2% ), Almost F in no time. After qualifying the game crashed and my license rank dropped. And when other racers hit my car i get contact warnings that effect my reputation. Does anyone has the sqame problem??
    Yup, losing ratings and/or points for getting disconnected through no fault of yours and getting hit from behind is a problem and also distressing.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: vwpolo


  2. #12
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I like the 488, I am using 2-5 downforce in all tracks, have gotten used to it and never bothered adjusting it per track. I make small pressure adjustments so it goes up to around 26 psi hot, around 52-48 brake bias, I use 13%-14% traction control and also adjust the diff a bit, higher coast and lower preload in order to give a bit better turn in, but that's about it. Maybe also a little lower front ARB, but I am really not comfortable making suspension or damper changes at all. I don't think those changes me make me much faster, but they do make me a bit more comfortable. Yes, it does matter, but to my experience setup maybe gives you 10% of your speed and the rest is practice over and over again.
    I agree, I hardly touch tuning, I think with practise you can drive around the cars, I look at it like jumping into a mates fast car, I can't set it up I just drive it as fast as possible, I may be able to drive it faster than the guy that owns it but that just comes down to driver ability.

    I'd be interested in trying your tune on the 488 cpc around RBR as that what we raced when I had the Porker and I couldn't keep with you but I had no tune on it, would be a good test to see if tuning or default makes that much difference, I'll race you with a default 488 and then with your tune as we seem to be well matched with pace.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


  3. #13
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I like the 488, I am using 2-5 downforce in all tracks, have gotten used to it and never bothered adjusting it per track. I make small pressure adjustments so it goes up to around 26 psi hot, around 52-48 brake bias, I use 13%-14% traction control and also adjust the diff a bit, higher coast and lower preload in order to give a bit better turn in, but that's about it. Maybe also a little lower front ARB, but I am really not comfortable making suspension or damper changes at all. I don't think those changes me make me much faster, but they do make me a bit more comfortable. Yes, it does matter, but to my experience setup maybe gives you 10% of your speed and the rest is practice over and over again.
    I'd be careful with that though I don't think that is anywhere near what you would get if you compare overall laptimes, I was about a second of your pace so in % wise saying 10% that say on a 2 min lap is 12 seconds difference, maybe 10% on top speed on a straight but at 150 you'd be doing 165mph, doable but you would have so low downforce corners would be hard.

    On laptimes alone I'd say a good set up on a 2min lap with the same good driver could be up to 2 secs a lap, that is just over a 3% gain on a default set up, you can gain a lot more than this on your standard ability by racing close and looking at people's lines and getting to know the car and stick to that car in that class, also explore different lines on a track especially if you are in a different car chasing someone, just because you are on their bumper and following their lines doesn't mean it's the fastest for you in the car you are in compared to theirs.

    Adapt to the moment, there is no perfect line in the heat of it, there may be on TT but there isn't in a race, you push wherever you need to.

    Push hard and make them make mistakes, you can guarantee they are looking in their rear view mirror due to the pressure and this is what gives you the edge while chasing, put pressure on them, pull out on a straight as if you are having a look at doing a fakey overtake and pull back in into the corner, do fakey divebombs into corners but brake before the corner to maybe force them into a wide line as they thought you were going to overtake.

    It's a bit of Psychology needed in racing, it's no good racing thinking your skill will win races, adaptation is key, read the guy you are chasing and probe for their weakness.
    The following user likes this Post: m00lean


  4. #14
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,144
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I'd be careful with that though I don't think that is anywhere near what you would get if you compare overall laptimes, I was about a second of your pace so in % wise saying 10% that say on a 2 min lap is 12 seconds difference, maybe 10% on top speed on a straight but at 150 you'd be doing 165mph, doable but you would have so low downforce corners would be hard.
    Sorry, I wasn't being literal with the 10% percentage, that was just an arbitrary number, only wanted to point out that it's mainly practice that gets you the good lap times, and setups just help that additional extra little bit.

    About Red Bull Ring, I had logged a 1.29.1 laptime just after the patch 3, so if you want you can try the exact setup I had used by getting it from the TT setup sharing. I think in this track it's mostly about carrying speed through the corners, especially turn 1, going quickly on throttle during the turn gains a good amount of time on the next straight. Similarly for turn 2, although it's much slower.

    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Push hard and make them make mistakes, you can guarantee they are looking in their rear view mirror due to the pressure and this is what gives you the edge while chasing, put pressure on them, pull out on a straight as if you are having a look at doing a fakey overtake and pull back in into the corner, do fakey divebombs into corners but brake before the corner to maybe force them into a wide line as they thought you were going to overtake.

    It's a bit of Psychology needed in racing, it's no good racing thinking your skill will win races, adaptation is key, read the guy you are chasing and probe for their weakness.
    Yeap, absolutely agreed, I try to apply similar tactics, but with never actually divebombing, at least that's always my intention and in case I mess up, I let the other guy retake the position. Of course other people try the same tactics on me and often I crack as well
    The following user likes this Post: Charger


  5. #15
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    21
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by m00lean View Post
    The loss of points due to disconnects and crashes is a problem. But the impact on the safety rating is working fine. It always takes at least two people for a crash. I hate to say it, but learn to drive and watch your mirrors.
    Yep, you're absolutely right, but 25 points penalty only why the looser of server admin pulls the plug of the server, because he was loosing the race is a no go.
    Sometimes its necessary to restart a session, specially after carnage. WE NEED A RESTART SESSION FUNCTION.

  6. #16
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    181
    Platform
    PC
    AFAIK SMS did confirm (or a MOD at least did so) that there will be changes to the system. i just don't get why don't just make that one adjustment right now without waiting for the next "big patch":

    - Reducing Penalties / Ranking reducition for
    - Disconnects / Kicks
    - DQ for Jumpstarts at Point to Point tracks
    ---> U all know California Highway's Starting point?
    ---> It's uphills and goes slightly downwards there, right?
    ---> Got an instant DQ because i forgot to stand on brakes after clicking "ready"
    ---> Got a big Fat -26 for that DQ
    ---> Why on earth that hard of a Penalty?
    --- >Why does the system not see that it wasn't a "jumpstart" but "forgot to brake"???
    ----> A penalty of about 5-10 secs. would sure be enough - instead of DQ
    ---> and if a DQ - please "system" check my history (over 600 ranked races) and decide not to give me -26 for such a "minor mistake"

    Thank, thanks, thanks

    Because the license should reflect my Skill such penalties just don't serve the "measurement of skill" anymore. it's just destroying all the otherwise well working ELO system. and i think such penalties does not exist in ELO rating? i mean, penalty for minor mistake is (in my case) about 13 time as high as the avg. ranking + i get for my winnings (avg. +2 a race, at S1756 / Max was. 1828 - went down quickly because such harsh "skill reduction decissions by the system" (DQ / Disconnect)...
    Last edited by beatrunner; 08-01-2018 at 21:56.

  7. #17
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,404
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Foofer37 View Post
    Uh, no. It doesn't take 2 people to crash. Just one intent on putting you in the wall. Which is a regular occurrence. Learn to drive. Lol. Typical answer.
    And honestly, I don't think driving has that much to do with your performance. Your car setup does. I can race against the AI will all different kinds of settings, yet perform just fine. The car handles differently, but I can come to grips with it. "But in multiplayer, you simply can't compete unless you find 'that right' setup."
    I watch guys in multiplayer fly around the track in GT3 cars as if they're driving F1 cars. It looks ridiculous. It's quite unrealistic. But this is part of the game otherwise a lot of people will lose interest. So, it's all about that really. The setup. Find that and your car goes around a circuit like a go-kart. Easy to drive.
    Not true at all!!! I still use the stock/Default car set up and i compete and hold My own very well in online races ---> some people will be slow even with the #1 leader board set up for any given track... The best set up is the 1 that fits your driving style and you are the Most consistent with... people Run away all the time on the straights with blazing straight line speed but i catch them 2 or 3 corners later off the Road, spun out all by themselves or the wall and they never see me again for the rest of the race!!! car tuning doesn't really make the car faster car tuning is more about tuning the car to your specific driving style and habits. EX: what good is it to run low down force to gain straight line speed but you cant handle the car in corners and end up off the road

    My rank is A1650 and I'm 91% to My S license.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 08-01-2018 at 22:14.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Invincible, satco1066


  8. #18
    WMD Member satco1066's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    961
    Platform
    PC
    totally agree. most people think the trick is to be very fast at some straights.
    But most loose their time in corners. To fast in and to slow out.
    I also drive mostly with default setups and lough about the fast guys stuck in the next corner in the sand or walls.
    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080 8GB OS Win 10 pro x64 V1703 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49" / ACER H6220BD projector
    Base Thrustmaster T500 | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, F1 | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/

    The following 3 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, hkraft300, Invincible


  9. #19
    GTE Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    7,357
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Foofer37 View Post
    Uh, no. It doesn't take 2 people to crash. Just one intent on putting you in the wall. Which is a regular occurrence. Learn to drive. Lol. Typical answer.
    And honestly, I don't think driving has that much to do with your performance. Your car setup does. I can race against the AI will all different kinds of settings, yet perform just fine. The car handles differently, but I can come to grips with it. But in multiplayer, you simply can't compete unless you find 'that right' setup.
    I watch guys in multiplayer fly around the track in GT3 cars as if they're driving F1 cars. It looks ridiculous. It's quite unrealistic. But this is part of the game otherwise a lot of people will lose interest. So, it's all about that really. The setup. Find that and your car goes around a circuit like a go-kart. Easy to drive.
    This whole post is ridiculous. There's a grey area between exaggeration and BS - you're deep into that BS area.

    If there's 1 intent on putting you in the wall, with careful observation and avoiding them, patience, you can 99% not get hit. I'm not going to try to pass a wrecking back marker on the side straight - he will just side swipe me. I won't pass him on the outside, he can just run wide. I won't sit in front of him approaching a brake zone. There are plenty of ways to avoid getting smashed. Learn them.

    You'll never improve/ learn anything if you're intent on blaming everything and everyone.

    That goes the same with your view on setup, unrealistic tuning.

    So if tuning is so crucial and driving doesn't matter: if I'm put in Ricciardo's F1 car with his setup I should drive his lap times right? No. I always run really sweet setups on my GT cars, but there are guys on default setup that drive faster. How's that work?
    Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?
    Roland2: GT Sport vs PC2, GT Sports wins hands down with it comes to realistic car handling. /quote
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-55-5-5
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Invincible, satco1066, zedeeyen


  10. #20
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    54
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    That goes the same with your view on setup, unrealistic tuning.

    So if tuning is so crucial and driving doesn't matter: if I'm put in Ricciardo's F1 car with his setup I should drive his lap times right? No. I always run really sweet setups on my GT cars, but there are guys on default setup that drive faster. How's that work?
    Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?
    I am nowhere near one of the fastest guys online, but I've managed a podium rate of >50% and I have never run anything but the default Stable set-up on any car. The only setting I've ever tweaked is the amount of fuel.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18-02-2018, 05:48
  2. Are these massive LOD Drops really necessary on PRO?
    By punkdog69 in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2017, 08:03
  3. Frame drops and pop in***fix this please**
    By kaiangn1 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2016, 10:39
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 07:55
  5. Jump Start Penalty - Not working @ point 2 point races
    By momotaone in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-06-2015, 22:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •