Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: License point drops

Platform
    PS4
    My driving talents don't flatter my stats as much.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    G29 settings (PC1).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-15-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I mostly disagree with most of Foofer's post, but the deliberate ramming issue is a real problem and very difficult to avoid, there exist people who just have it as their objective to join races simply to ruin them. They are trolls who get fed by doing that. Very recently I was in a U public lobby with almost 20 touring cars, on race start there were 2 guys that accelerated while the first red lights were shown, smashed everybody on their way, then hunted the ones that survived, for the rest of the race. Last lap, it was only me and another one racer left in the race, apart from the 2 trolls. One of the trolls waited for me to get me out (again), but this time I played cat and mice with him at slow speed for a few turns, until I managed to ram him into a spin and crash him into the barriers myself! During all the race he was talking very proud of his actions, in the end we shut up, that was very fun

Those 2 trolls were not one of those who have been mentioned here in earlier threads/posts, they were new to me, so it's like a plague in U servers. I know, I can avoid those servers, but newcomers can't, so hopefully something can be done about that. A black list or something, I am guessing SMS cannot do something about it, but at least people hosting races should now about them. Or give as a way to kick people by vote easily during races..I did step to the side of the track to ESC and vote to kick those 2 trolls, but apparently not many others did that/knew how to do it, so they survived till the end. An easy way to vote to kick while racing could had solved that problem.
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I mostly disagree with most of Foofer's post, but the deliberate ramming issue is a real problem and very difficult to avoid, there exist people who just have it as their objective to join races simply to ruin them. They are trolls who get fed by doing that. Very recently I was in a U public lobby with almost 20 touring cars, on race start there were 2 guys that accelerated while the first red lights were shown, smashed everybody on their way, then hunted the ones that survived, for the rest of the race. Last lap, it was only me and another one racer left in the race, apart from the 2 trolls. One of the trolls waited for me to get me out (again), but this time I played cat and mice with him at slow speed for a few turns, until I managed to ram him into a spin and crash him into the barriers myself! During all the race he was talking very proud of his actions, in the end we shut up, that was very fun
    It wasn't Renault Meganes on Imola by chance? Those f***s got me really angry...
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    It wasn't Renault Meganes on Imola by chance? Those f***s got me really angry...
    Nope, it was in Brno, open TC class I think. Agreed about the rest that you say, though
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post

Those 2 trolls were not one of those who have been mentioned here in earlier threads/posts, they were new to me, so it's like a plague in U servers. I know, I can avoid those servers, but newcomers can't, so hopefully something can be done about that. A black list or something, I am guessing SMS cannot do something about it, but at least people hosting races should now about them. Or give as a way to kick people by vote easily during races..I did step to the side of the track to ESC and vote to kick those 2 trolls, but apparently not many others did that/knew how to do it, so they survived till the end. An easy way to vote to kick while racing could had solved that problem.
    Skill rating starts you at mid-range; 1500pts. You can move up or down.

Safety rating should do the same. Start everyone at D and then anyone at F or U definitely isn't safe and can be avoided.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zedeeyen View Post
    Skill rating starts you at mid-range; 1500pts. You can move up or down.

Safety rating should do the same. Start everyone at D and then anyone at F or U definitely isn't safe and can be avoided.
    Or simply, if you got votekicked out of at least 15 races while still being in U or F class, you get "promoted" to "T" like troll.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: zedeeyen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Think I must be one of the few lucky ones. I rarely encounter half of the problems people complain about in the forums. I race in all sorts of lobbies (I don't go out of my way to find one to match my license "A") I hardly ever get a lobby full of rammers. Even if i do, I know how to spot and avoid them. Using the mirror can work quite well. If you brake and the car behind starts getting a lot bigger in the mirror, don't turn in maybe take pre-emptive avoiding action... In the 200 online races I've started, I've finished 184, had one DQ (not pitting on final lap - didn't check to see if it was a pitstop race) and 4 non finishes. Those 4 races are the only times I've ever quit. 2 due to lobby full of knobs, 1 time because I had to take a phone call and 1 disconnection.
    Recently disconnections haven't even registered for me. Last week in one evening, I had 3 disconnections during race starts. Didn't take any points from me, didn't even show up on my stats as not finishing a race...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Just started online and DAMN, PC2 is clearly harder than PC1 because so many drivers are all over the place. I am unsure of my braking so tend to brake a little early then exit fast and I am relentlessly rear ended and lose points, it's insane.

Or. I intentionally start last, wait for the wrecks and drive around them but I am often hit as these wrecks rejoin the road, yet i am penalised.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Not true at all!!! I still use the stock/Default car set up and i compete and hold My own very well in online races ---> some people will be slow even with the #1 leader board set up for any given track... The best set up is the 1 that fits your driving style and you are the Most consistent with... people Run away all the time on the straights with blazing straight line speed but i catch them 2 or 3 corners later off the Road, spun out all by themselves or the wall and they never see me again for the rest of the race!!! car tuning doesn't really make the car faster car tuning is more about tuning the car to your specific driving style and habits. EX: what good is it to run low down force to gain straight line speed but you cant handle the car in corners and end up off the road

My rank is A1650 and I'm 91% to My S license.
    Agree. If set up allowed you to add more power, then setup would be the difference.
    Change your set up to suit your style. Be patient. Wreckers get bored quickly, racers get better with practice and patience.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDave View Post
    Agree. If set up allowed you to add more power, then setup would be the difference.
    Change your set up to suit your style. Be patient. Wreckers get bored quickly, racers get better with practice and patience.
    There's one thing that does that, closed radiators, which can be used without a disadvantage, at least in TT. Gives you a few tenths.
    I'd personally love to see this setup option completely thrown away from the game...