Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: [Updated What Each Does]Xbox One X owners, what's your enhancement graphical choice?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    BIG FAVOUR TO ASK

Before I buy a 1X can I ask that someone please does a bit of testing for me just to see if the issue that really pees me off about the XB1 version isn't there in the XB1X version.

If you could do a private test session, dry conditions using your fav car, but at a track like Spa, Le-Mans, Long Beach etc, one of the more larger/demanding tracks for the XB to process, then set your quickest lap times for 5 laps ensuring you have just enough fuel on board to complete 5 fast laps.

Then save your car setup and open an offline race and replicate what you just did, same car, track, time of day, season, weather etc, but now select the max grid size for that track.

Then start the 5 lap race at the front or back and tweak the AI so it doesn't interfere with your laps, so if your starting from the front make the AI a bit slower than you but not soo slow that you leave them miles behind, and vice versa if you start at the back, just quick enough so you can just about hold onto the guy in last place without him slowing you down.

What I'm hoping is you should be able to set as close/same lap times as in private testing for those 5 laps without the car handling messing up, typically on XB1 the rear end starts going lose and you spin out on most corners because the XB1 can't handle the max grids....

Could you try this 5 lap race on all graphical choices to see if it makes a difference to the handling/lap times, again hopefully not.

That's it, if you could do that for me I will buy you a beer if I ever see you
    Last edited by Gav88888; 15-01-2018 at 10:07.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    BIG FAVOUR TO ASK

Before I buy a 1X can I ask that someone please does a bit of testing for me just to see if the issue that really pees me off about the XB1 version isn't there in the XB1X version.

If you could do a private test session, dry conditions using your fav car, but at a track like Spa, Le-Mans, Long Beach etc, one of the more larger/demanding tracks for the XB to process, then set your quickest lap times for 5 laps ensuring you have just enough fuel on board to complete 5 fast laps.

Then save your car setup and open an offline race and replicate what you just did, same car, track, time of day, season, weather etc, but now select the max grid size for that track.

Then start the 5 lap race at the front or back and tweak the AI so it doesn't interfere with your laps, so if your starting from the front make the AI a bit slower than you but not soo slow that you leave them miles behind, and vice versa if you start at the back, just quick enough so you can just about hold onto the guy in last place without him slowing you down.

What I'm hoping is you should be able to set as close/same lap times as in private testing for those 5 laps without the car handling messing up, typically on XB1 the rear end starts going lose and you spin out on most corners because the XB1 can't handle the max grids....

Could you try this 5 lap race on all graphical choices to see if it makes a difference to the handling/lap times, again hopefully not.

I have not done your test but I have not noticed any weirdness at all with full grids. FFB detail is much improved over xb1.
    I did not notice any problems on my xb1 on small grids, <16ish, but certainly did on larger grids.

When my bf gets on fall out I will check more accurately.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Gav88888

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    BIG FAVOUR TO ASK

I've already done this (for my own piece of mind) using two of the three settings at Spa, Catalunya National and Brands Hatch on an empty track and on a full track (starting from pole) with zero difficulty AI.
    There is definitely no noticeable difference in lap times, - well not in a Formula C anyway - but the jury is out on the handling side of things. Others will perhaps disagree but i'm not fully convinced that on a default XB1 controller the handling is as it should be when grids are full or the weather is a bit more extreme but it's very, very difficult to tell if that floaty awkwardness feeling is simply down to the weak FFB or is indeed something more sinister. All I can say is that in an open wheel car where you can see the wheels turning and the suspension bouncing something definitely doesn't feel right..
    The following user likes this Post: Gav88888

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I was getting horrible framerates when the ai pitted en masse, even on framerate setting. This weekend i did exactly the same races (saved as favourites), and had little to no issues on any setting. Can't work out how it fixed itself, needless to say I'm well happy and hope it stays this way

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I updated my original post here with what each option gives you. Per Xbox Wire article.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    I myself use Enhanced Framerate, 24/7. I want 60 fps absolutely as much as possible. Which is what I see 99% of the time. I'm just curious about other Xbox One X owners & what choice they go with.

Enhanced Resolution
    3K (28801620) and automatically balances the details to compensate for the big increase in resolution. With dynamic scaling (possibly more dynamic scaling than framerate mode).

Enhanced Visuals
    1440p (25601440) with all shadows, track and vehicles, and rear-view mirror details set to as high as possible. With dynamic scaling (possibly more dynamic scaling than framerate mode).

Enhanced Framerate
    1080p with all settings using dynamic scaling to ensure the framerate remains at 60 fps as much as possible.
    Cool thanks for that, as I have a 1080p TV I suspect I would use framerate as well to get it nice and smooth at all times.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever