Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: [Updated What Each Does]Xbox One X owners, what's your enhancement graphical choice?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    I ran a field of 25 AI. Weather was 4 slot dynamic. Going between light rain up to thunderstorm (all the rain choices). I ran dynamic time of day. Both weather & time were set to 60x. I saw a tad of screen tearing where the GP & full course connect at both points. Other than those 2 slight moments, ran beautifully. I normally don't race with a controller on PC. I didn't notice any input lag (use to play Forza years ago with a pad). when I play PC2 on my Xbox One X. I use Enhanced Framerate for my graphic bias. with that said, I enjoyed what appeared to be smooth 60 fps the whole time. I think you'll be pleased with this game playing it on a Xbox One X.
    Thanks for doing this. Thanks a lot.

Well, I sprang for the One X because GS is giving a $150 trade in on the old ones until Friday. I also sprang for an external HD. Sweetwater Music has 4 TB LaCie 7200 RPM USB 3.0 drives on sale for $169.00 thru the end of Jan, so I picked up one and it should arrive next week, and they give a 2 yr warranty on them. Just thought I'd pass that on. (hope I didn't violate any rules here with that info - it's a good deal)

I'm ran Enhanced Resolution. Even on my Plasma Screen it looked great. Dynamic Weather 25 cars. 4 weather slots. 10X dynamic time. I have to say that it played like a different game. My first lap I was a bit tentative because I wasn't sure how the car was going to handle, but the second lap was a lot better.

I used to play PC games. You know how when your PC met the recommended requirements but not by much? That's what the Standard One played like. The One X is a different animal. Very pleased.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Gav88888, nissan4ever, OddTimer, Roushman624, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by julia-6 View Post
    Thanks for doing this. Thanks a lot.

Well, I sprang for the One X because GS is giving a $150 trade in on the old ones until Friday. I also sprang for an external HD. Sweetwater Music has 4 TB LaCie 7200 RPM USB 3.0 drives on sale for $169.00 thru the end of Jan, so I picked up one and it should arrive next week, and they give a 2 yr warranty on them. Just thought I'd pass that on. (hope I didn't violate any rules here with that info - it's a good deal)

I'm ran Enhanced Resolution. Even on my Plasma Screen it looked great. Dynamic Weather 25 cars. 4 weather slots. 10X dynamic time. I have to say that it played like a different game. My first lap I was a bit tentative because I wasn't sure how the car was going to handle, but the second lap was a lot better.

I used to play PC games. You know how when your PC met the recommended requirements but not by much? That's what the Standard One played like. The One X is a different animal. Very pleased.
    I'm happy to hear that! Welcome to the Xbox One X family! Give enhanced framerate a try as well.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I just picked up a x today. Overall I’m pretty pleased with the purchase. It certainly helps this game come to life. However I’m having some issues with running Watkins Glen multi class with a full grid. The game still has some stuttering and slightly odd handling. I’m driving the Nissan lmp2 vs gte and gt3 traffic 8am with medium clouds. Does anyone else run into these issues? I started out on visual mode, then switched to resolution and the stuttering seemed to get somewhat better. As I said the x fixed nearly all my issues but to me it’s odd that Watkins causes issues. It doesn’t seem like it would be all that demanding of a track compared to Long Beach, which ran great.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by WGIstation6a View Post
    I just picked up a x today. Overall I’m pretty pleased with the purchase. It certainly helps this game come to life. However I’m having some issues with running Watkins Glen multi class with a full grid. The game still has some stuttering and slightly odd handling. I’m driving the Nissan lmp2 vs gte and gt3 traffic 8am with medium clouds. Does anyone else run into these issues? I started out on visual mode, then switched to resolution and the stuttering seemed to get somewhat better. As I said the x fixed nearly all my issues but to me it’s odd that Watkins causes issues. It doesn’t seem like it would be all that demanding of a track compared to Long Beach, which ran great.
    Try enhanced framerate for that race & let me know about your experience with that. You'll probably end up doing enhanced framerate for the most demanding scenarios & do visual or resolution for everything else.
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Haven't driven it yet on PC2 but on PC1 I always found Watkins Glen to be one of the worst performers with large grids. Maybe the track is just more demanding than we expect it to be

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by WGIstation6a View Post
    O M G. (Not sure what else to say). And this on the latest, the "beast" of consoles. I'm about to give up this game for the console.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Just to clear the air here....I figured out what was causing the “odd handling”. I had a tune loaded up that I had been using to compensate for the extremely loose handling on the original Xbox one when running with a large field. I switched back to the loose setup and all was right with the world. False alarm.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by neefoo View Post
    O M G. (Not sure what else to say). And this on the latest, the "beast" of consoles. I'm about to give up this game for the console.
    If I had 1 for every single post 2013 game that performed flawlessly on their designated platform then I would be richer by a grand total of nothing whatsoever. PC2 can be criticized for a lot of things but having played it on X1X and witnessed these occasional frame drops first hand i'm actually surprised they're even mentioned in the first place.

(ps). My preferred setting was enhanced framerate
    Last edited by Just Another Frog; 15-01-2018 at 00:55.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Has to be resolution. If you have a 4k display. Tried enhanced framerate after resolution and i nearly turned the game off.

Enhanced resolution is basically giving you good eyesight because you miss less than you would in 1080 or 720. Its a godsend for high speed racing games.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by HLR Toffo View Post
    Has to be resolution. If you have a 4k display. Tried enhanced framerate after resolution and i nearly turned the game off.
    Ha ha ha ha