Thread: Frustrated: Using Project Cars 2 with 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Frustrated: Using Project Cars 2 with 360 Wireless Racing Wheel

Hello,
    Frustrated here, just purchased PC2 from Steam, just finished playing Dirt Rally in my Oculus with my xbox 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and it works perfectly. Great force feedback in Dirt from this xbox 360 wheel in Dirt on PC with windows 10. Been all over Google and this forum looking for a way to use the xbox 360 wireless racing wheel with project cars 2 to no avail.
    I've been through all the options and tried various wheel settings and such, no luck. When one assigns inputs to steer left or right it assigns as gamepad axis, fine, as that's how Windows sees the controller hooked up through the USB wireless adapter, funny thing is PC2 lets me calibrate the wheel after assigning it as "custom wheel" and assigning axis'. So I calibrate it, and assume all is well. Then launch a race and pedals work, force feedback appears to work but no steering in game, the game doesn't detect steering input.....
    This wheel is popular, many people have it, they support tons of much older wheels, and it's frustrating that this device doesn't work in PC2.....
    It works fine in Dirt Rally, and I'm not in the market for another $200 device because it's a software issue in PC2 holding all of us MS Wireless Racing Wheel owners back....
    Project cars 2 looks great in VR, but it's a mystery why this wheel I own won't work.
    Anyone have advice?????
    Anyone else get this working in PC2??
    YES - I know I can set this wheel up as a "gamepad" and use it but then the deadzone is HUGE - like 20-30 degrees and NO FORCE FEEDBACK if you go this route.....
    PC2 supports "custom wheels" - therefore this wheel should work, all I need is a way to assign the steering axis in PC2......
    Seems supporting this wheel would be a simple fix for the developers, lets hope they do support it.
    I'm looking for help getting this wheel working, and don't care for you opinion on things, reply's like "it's not supported" or "use it as a gamepad" are unacceptable so don't waste my and others time unless you have a solution - you can keep your advice and opinion to yourself unless you have constructive information - If so they it's much appreciated.
    Thank you to anyone out there who can save me and tons of other 360 Wireless Wheel owners a few hundred bucks by making this thing work - it's certainly possible....
    Thanks

first off, have you unticked all the controllers in steam as per

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1356467

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for the suggestion - I spent an hour or so with it, totally unchecked all controllers in Steam settings before launching, then tried enabling xbox controller support in steam settings as well. You're correct that the check box for such should be off as it makes the problem worse, but even with all the checkboxes off it doesn't resolve the issue.

It's a shame as the game sees the wheel and lets me calibrate it, but when launching a race the pedals work, the gear shifts work, but no steering at all.

I hope someone can help....
    Thank you for taking the time to offer what you did.... I wish it was that simple.....

Well as far as I'm aware, everyone else who has used one has had to use it with something like Dwanye's wrapper or Durazno. All the wheels that map as an xbox controller share a common problem with large deadzones.

See the stuff from Dwanye in this thread for how to get his wrapper and also how to get Durazno (ignore any ref to mode 2, that was just one of the gamepad settings and isn't in PC2)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Wheel-Support

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad