Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Downgrade

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by mink View Post
    Have you played the original pcars ps4 version? Have you even played pcars 2 on the original ps4? I see your platform as Xbox X.
    Have you, as I don't recognise your description of the game above and you list your system as ' PC ' ??

But since you are so anxious, I do not own a ps4, but I played pc2 on my xb1, note not xbx, from the release of the game untill about mid December (iirc) when I got my x. You will be aware I am certain that the xb1 is slower than the ps4 but I still had loads of fun on that platform.

Edit, I also played pcars1 on xb1, but only about 150 hours as I found it a bit clunky, I am at 250 ish on pcars2.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 04-01-2018 at 13:01. Reason: typos
    Cockpit view. 29 inch distance to 40 inch 1080p TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 0, all other camera movement, 0.
    G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 55, 20, 0, may change slightly. Skip and scrapyard rig.
    Assists, all off.
    1080p forty inch. Decent hifi, big speakers.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Correct. It should be ps4, my bad as my platform indicates PC . Lol

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Correct. It should be ps4, my bad as my platform indicates PC . Lol
    Oh I see. I also note your posting history. Nearly every post is a somewhat hyperbolic invective of exaggeration and partial truths regarding the graphics in pcars2. Many have replied to you so I hope you are beginning to grasp the raison d'etre of this sim and the creative direction that the sms team are taking, and it isnt aiming for forza style graphics.
    Cockpit view. 29 inch distance to 40 inch 1080p TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 0, all other camera movement, 0.
    G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 55, 20, 0, may change slightly. Skip and scrapyard rig.
    Assists, all off.
    1080p forty inch. Decent hifi, big speakers.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Games are always about compromises, both from the development side and from our side, as the players/customers. There is no harm in wanting something better - heck, Project CARS 2 wouldn't have existed if SMS didn't want to take the first game and make it better - but at some point you have to realise that there is neither the power (in the console or PC even) or the time/money available to do everything.

GT is a single-platform game. It usually takes more years and far more money than SMS could ever dream of seeing to bring each game to market, on a single platform. Even then, it is extremely limited in scope, comparatively and so it can focus all of its energies into trying to excel in those limited areas. Same for Forza (up to the latest version, which is now also available on Windows) and even though both these games have weather, they are still extremely limited in comparison to even pCARS1.

When somebody else brings out a multi-platform title that has as many licensed tracks, as many licensed cars, with a fully dynamic, real-time lighting engine, with a class-leading tyre model, dynamic weather, seasons and all the other elements that pCARS2 has and makes it look, sound and handle better than pCARS2 and releases it for £60, then we can say that pCARS2 didn't hit the mark. Until that time, there is nothing out there to compare to what pCARS2 has achieved. IMHO of course.

I'm not saying pCARS2 is perfect, I'm just pointing out that though it would be nice to have the cake and eat it, sometimes you just have to eat the cake or leave it in the fridge
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Invincible, jan.ringas, Jonyvf, mister dog, Narrisch, Sankyo, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    I'm not saying pCARS2 is perfect, I'm just pointing out that though it would be nice to have the cake and eat it, sometimes you just have to eat the cake or leave it in the fridge
    How long does it have to stay in the fridge ?

Seriously... no sim is perfect. But it has been several months now that I check on a regular base to see if something has changed in the graphical department. There are a lot of issues...
    Just a few examples on the track I started a topic for, a long while ago: Bannochbrae.
    - flickering shadows that suddenly appear in the distance,
    - flickering trees,
    - a kind of blanket that moves over the lake surface, a weird structure that disappears as soon as you face the lake. But while driving you normally don't really face the lake...(driving with triple screen setup makes it very visible and disturbing).
    - starting from the pits, on the left side the suddenly appearing fences, walls en hedges when you drive by.
    I have tried about every possible setting from high to low but nothing helps.
    I was told the devs were aware and working on it...but maybe that is in the fridge too ? At least there has been no change and I did not read anything about it.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash
    The following 2 users likes this Post: mink, Oomph

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    ^^^ I'll be honest, I've not noticed any of that but that is possibly because:

a) I'm in VR, so I've long since accepted that graphics fidelity is necessarily compromised as a result (and I don't mind that at all)
    and
    b) When I'm racing (or time-trialling) I am utterly focussed on the track or the cars around me

I am fully aware and understanding of the fact that these things may well not be acceptable for others but, for me, I simply do not notice them.

As an aside, do those things only occur when you're using triple-screens? I have taken a lot of screenshots at Bannochbrae, when using my single monitor, and never noticed anything untoward (except for things that were fixed during development).
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Olijke Poffer, torsteinvh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks but I'm discussing and addressing problems strictly with the original ps4 version (not ps4 pro), and not the pc version. I'm also comparing the original project cars graphics quality on the ps4 versus project cars 2 on ps4. I have not tried VR (must be cool) or used any triple screen setup. And please ignore my profile as pc.
    Last edited by mink; 04-01-2018 at 18:03.

Platform
    PC
    Thanks but I'm discussing and addressing problems strictly with the original ps4 version (not ps4 pro), and not the pc version. I'm also comparing the original project cars graphics quality on the ps4 versus project cars 2 on ps4. I have not tried VR (must be cool) or used any triple screen setup.
    Well, since your profile says PC....
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, Fanatec CSW V2 base / Porsche 918 RSR / Formula Carbon / SQ shifter / Heusinkveld Pro pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 980 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / Buttkicker / PCars Dash / RS Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    As an aside, do those things only occur when you're using triple-screens? I have taken a lot of screenshots at Bannochbrae, when using my single monitor, and never noticed anything untoward (except for things that were fixed during development).
    I don't really know since I drive with triple setup in every sim I have.
    So, when leaving the pits (Bannochbrae) you don't see the suddenly appearing hedges, walls and fences ??
    From time to time I take time to just cruise in any open car and admire the environment. That is when I especially notice these flaws. But even when racing they are obvious to me..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Off topic: Actually instead of having a two player split screen, an offline lan option for pc2 would be sweet for the ps4. Something like what F1 2017 has included in their multiplayer options.
    Last edited by mink; 04-01-2018 at 18:44.