Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics Downgrade

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
    I didn't call you arrogant.

But I am now saying the same thing to you, as I did FreefallRLC.

Do you understand the difference between company sizes and what they can deliver ?
    I work in a small visual effects company, we can't deliver ILM level of work unless we have a ton more time, or people which never happens.

So yeah, PC2 is on the same playing field as other games but not with the same financial backing etc.
    No, but I do understand that I paid Ä 59 for GTS and Ä 99 for PC2.. So is it strange to expect similar graphic quality, not to mention the difference in playability..
    The following user likes this Post: mink

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes it is strange because one has an incredible physics engine, tyre model, etc etc eating up a vast chunk of the consoles power, the other is just designed to look pretty
    The following 2 users likes this Post: pkcraistlin, Sum Dixon-Ear

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mink View Post
    How is any of this being arrogant? Asking them to see if they can fix existing aliasing issues, hdr settings, or refine their graphics is being arrogant?
    "arrogant" comes from the latin => french; to claim for oneself. in this instance, your arrogance comes from a bunch of assertions you make about things you don't seem to appreciate or understand. ie you claim knowledge for yourself.

as per my original post- you simply assert that graphics in PC2 should at least meet those of PC1, but more likely exceed. on what basis do you make this claim? certainly there's no technological reason, your machine hasn't changed since the previous game was released. could it be because you've simply been conditioned to expect this (by games whose graphics engines might receive a fresh coat of paint, but whose underlying resource requirements don't change that much)?

fact of the matter is your hardware has not improved since PC1 was made, and PC2 does a LOT more and requires more processing power. yes, they've made some design decisions that haven't pleased some players (re dynamic tree shadows and ditching certain post-processing AA techniques**), and perhaps some of these choices might receive some revision in the future. but otherwise, you're expecting better graphics with better physics and better weather, all on the same number-crunching platform that wasn't amazing even when it released.

want proof? go and compare the PC requirements from PC1 => PC2. a substantial increase. i spent $700AUD because of that increase, how much did you cough up?

TLDR- you're arrogant because you have NFI what you're talking about.

**due to customer complaints i might add.
    Last edited by pkcraistlin; 05-01-2018 at 08:07.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: torsteinvh, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DervPM View Post
    No, but I do understand that I paid € 59 for GTS and € 99 for PC2.. So is it strange to expect similar graphic quality, not to mention the difference in playability..
    Apples and pears m8. Both are family of the fruit but totally different. Same for GTs and PC2. GTs more GFX quality and less sim quality. PC2 more sim quality and less gfx quality. Both playable but don’t expect the same game.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11 GB | Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Thrustmaster T150 Pro with brake mod & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Challenge, Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    No need to get so hostile, I can read abbreviations and behind the lines. I know you got a nice pc rig, have you seen or played both games on the original ps4? Yes the ps4 system may definitely have resource limitations but pc1 also had the same dynamic weather, the day and night cycles, ffb settings etc. Of course there have been additions and upgrades but I wouldn't say the changes were substantial to what pc1 originally had. I would guess that the new live track 3.0 is too much of a system hog?
    Last edited by mink; 05-01-2018 at 12:16.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No need to get so hostile, I can read abbreviations and behind the lines. I know you got a nice pc rig, have you seen or played both games on the original ps4?
    NOT EVERYONE AGREES WITH YOU.

It is that simple, so stop moaning on.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 76. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0.
    G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 25, 0.
    Assists, all off. Currently play 80-110/100 AI. 10-20 l quick races, some time trials.
    Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Lol, I don't expect everybody to agree with me. This is a forum.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Lol, I don't expect everybody to agree with me. This is a forum.
    Yes and you are piddling all over it with repetitive posts that exaggerate well known issues and failing to heed any of the posts that address your concerns.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 76. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0.
    Assists, all off. Currently play 80-110/100 AI. 10-20 l quick races, some time trials.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Could you all settle down and get back to the topic at hand please...?
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: mink

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Could you all settle down and get back to the topic at hand please...?
    Oh, sorry for ranting on.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan