Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TX shaking when centred

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Thrustmaster TX shaking when centred

I received PC2 for Christmas this year (Day 1 with Japanese pack). I play on a XBox One and have a Thrustmaster TX with the Ferrari 599XX EVO 30 wheel and T3PA pedals. The TX has been flashed with the latest V51 firmware. When I installed the game on December 26 there was an immediate update required, which I'm assuming was the latest patch.

I'm having a problem with the wheel shaking from side to side when centered and driving down a straight. I realize others have mentioned this problem and I have read the Thrustmaster TX FFB thread but couldn't find any definitive way to solve the problem. I've played with the FFB settings and can't seem to eliminate the shaking. It's a random shake, kind of like driving down a bumpy, pothole-filled dirt road. When I get into a turn and there is some force on the wheel the shaking stops. I've tried RAW, Immersive and Informative and RAW seems to provide less shake, but I can't get rid of it. I was running firmware V50 and thought that perhaps V51 might solve the problem, but it had no discernible effect.

Any help would be appreciated. Other than the shaking I'm really enjoying PC2! I feel like I'm actually racing the AI as compared to Forza 7, where the AI is like a long line of ants following each other around the track.

Cheers!
    K

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You need to post up more info to help narrow it down.

Put v50 back on it firstly.
    We have the same set up, except I'm now on the X, and every now and then my wheel also get the shakes
    Post your settings up, including all the deadzone stuff and obviously make sure you've set the wheel itself for DOR and Sensitivity.

Here's my current:
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1455732

(I'm oscillating between Tone at 90, or down at 15/20, I've not settled on that yet)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The only time this ever happened to me, my dor had been turned down on its own somehow. Set my dor back to 900 (on the wheel base) and the problem was gone.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
    You need to post up more info to help narrow it down.
    Okay, the wheel is set for DOR of 900 (4 flashes on the base). Wheel is calibrated at 100/900. Dead zones are all stock - haven't touched them. The only sensitivity I've changed is for braking; haven't touched the steering sensitivity. I'm currently running RAW, 100,50,50,50,0.5. I've played around with these settings but nothing seems to get rid of the shaking or oscillating when the wheel is centered. Informative seemed to be the worst and immersive was not much better.

Upgrading to V51 didn't seem to change anything with the wheel so I'm not sure that downgrading will make any difference. But I'll try that if all else fails.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hmm, and every single car ?
    Single/Multi player ?

I presume because it's early days for you, no custom set ups on the cars ?
    As you saw I have speed and steering sensitivity turned up. Try turning things up or down 1 at a time too, not a bunch of settings all at once.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
    Hmm, and every single car ?
    Single/Multi player ?

I presume because it's early days for you, no custom set ups on the cars ?
    As you saw I have speed and steering sensitivity turned up. Try turning things up or down 1 at a time too, not a bunch of settings all at once.
    When I first installed the game I played with a Ford GT on Le Mans just to get used to the game. I was surprised at how shaky the wheel was on the long back straight but thought perhaps the track was actually that bumpy. Switching to a Porsche GT3 yielded the same results, as did every other car I tried. The same thing happened on other tracks as well - Nurburgring GP, Hockenheim, Road America, Watkins Glen, Long Beach, etc.

I've since begun the Career Mode in Formula Rookie. Same thing - shaky wheel. Very noticeable on the straight at Watkins Glen - Short.

I'll try playing with the sensitivities as well and see how it goes.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sinnman View Post
    Okay, the wheel is set for DOR of 900 (4 flashes on the base). Wheel is calibrated at 100/900. Dead zones are all stock - haven't touched them. The only sensitivity I've changed is for braking; haven't touched the steering sensitivity. I'm currently running RAW, 100,50,50,50,0.5. I've played around with these settings but nothing seems to get rid of the shaking or oscillating when the wheel is centered. Informative seemed to be the worst and immersive was not much better.

Upgrading to V51 didn't seem to change anything with the wheel so I'm not sure that downgrading will make any difference. But I'll try that if all else fails.
    Those settings should not cause excessive oscillation, but I pass on this from my own experience, pcars2 has a very detailed ffb presentation and I was overwhelmed at first after dirt rally / dirt4 that I was previously playing.

Immersive is most likely to give a stiff middle prone to oscialltions, informative is much better and raw provides the lightest feeling in the middle, going straight.

Vibration from bumps, kerbs and tyre skipping can be reduced by lowering the fx so maybe try that.

Edit, also ffb is better for grids of around 16 to 20 on the xb1, this is on the list for patch 4 iirc and is to do with some physics threads getting starved of resources, again iirc.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 04-01-2018 at 16:27.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm still getting this stuff happening when the car is loaded into the pits, or sometimes on the start line and the wheel is freaking out, it has me giggling like an idiot usually
    It happens maybe 1 in 20 races, whether that's online or time trials etc.
    The following user likes this Post: JasonSandwich

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sinnman View Post

I am running the same settings as you, except the Menu Spring Strength is 4 instead of 5. I am also running the Dead Zones as stock. In Immersive, if I am driving down the straight and let go of the wheel it immediately starts osculating back and forth and feels really notchy, which is why I have stuck with Raw as it does not do that. I've tried a few of the settings people have posted up for Immersive and Informative but always ended up going back to the Stock Settings and am reasonably happy with it.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So you aren't describing what I'm talking about?
    If you were driving on track, you'd better not let go of the wheel down a straight