Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thrustmaster TX shaking when centred

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPhoboS View Post
    So you aren't describing what I'm talking about?
    If you were driving on track, you'd better not let go of the wheel down a straight
    Agreed, just saying that it does osculate really badly on Informative and Immersive, so even if you don't actually let go of the wheel, it must still be fighting against me down the straight, which is something that doesn't happen with the Raw Flavour. Not sure it this is the same as the OP is experiencing. With the Day One release of PC2, the game was pretty much unplayable for me due to the osculating and notchy feeling on all the Flavours. Thankfully it is pretty good now (for me) on the X and the standard Xbox One.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have the same setup and hardware (TX wheel but same base) but I don't have a solution for this problem. I have tried many different feedback settings, DOR, recalibrating, and anything else I can think of. I power the Xbox down and unplug the wheel when I'm not using it. I had the problem with all three patches (less on the latest) and with both firmware versions on the wheel. I can't figure it out and it doesn't happen on other games. I will be updating my Xbox from the old one to the X pretty soon which is the last thing I can think of doing.

Basically - don't let go on a straight. It'll jackhammer itself out of your hands. Many car/track combinations are fine but maybe 20% of the time I will encounter the problem.
    Xbox One X with public OS release - Thrustmaster TX with T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer (pc2rando.jasonsandwich.com) (thread)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm just using that to illustrate the fact that it does osculate back and forth if using Raw. Clearly I don't do this during a normal session. It doesn't do this in any other game including PC1.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, RobPhoboS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

TX Wheel Shake

I've spent countless hours on this and I've found the trigger on my TX wheel. It's caused by going into the pits either between race segments or crashing and going direcly there. A perfectly handling car has heavy wheel shake and becomes undrivable. firmware version doesn't matter and neither does usb port. I've repeated this on 3 xbones with the same results. I believe there is an arbitrary value being written into a temp memory buffer that causes it. The ONLY way I've found to clear it is a cold reboot and everything is fine until you hit the pits again and it happens. Convinced it's a game bug because every other racing sim works fine.

Second thing that can cause this is having more than 16-18 cars in a race. Many times just reducing the number of cars fixes this problem. This too is a game bug.

Last but certainly NOT least is PROPER wheel calibration if you do any DOR other than 900. Remember the DOR number is the inverse of the actual DOR and this is a carryover from pcars1 where it didn't make any sense either! Here's the formula. I like 270 DOR on my wheel so I calibrate the wheel to full stop lock and recenter and hit the A button and here's how i get 270.
    900-270=630+900=1530 so turn wheel right and then left until you see 1530 and hit the A button to save it. This works for whatever DOR you want. Just use the formula and subtract you DOR and add the result to 900.
    Last edited by gmmiller; 19-03-2018 at 04:38.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sinnman View Post
    Okay, the wheel is set for DOR of 900 (4 flashes on the base). Wheel is calibrated at 100/900. Dead zones are all stock - haven't touched them. The only sensitivity I've changed is for braking; haven't touched the steering sensitivity. I'm currently running RAW, 100,50,50,50,0.5. I've played around with these settings but nothing seems to get rid of the shaking or oscillating when the wheel is centered. Informative seemed to be the worst and immersive was not much better.
    Same here, on the OG with the same setting except the last value is 0.4 but that doesn't affect the FFB on track. Immersive is worse still and Informative little better. The same settings on the X and I don't get any problems on RAW but still get oscillating on Immersive.

The Project Cars (1 and 2) are amazing but the FFB has never been the best IMHO. If you play AC, it just works - no problems and is so much smoother.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    For me on the TX reducing the Fx setting to below 30 solved the wild oscillations. Any higher and they returned.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I found on the G920 in pC2 that increasing the VOL adds more Side to Side wobble. I speculate that it's due to more dead zone removal at a higher Vol level. Saw the same thing on pC1 if adjusted wrong, and fortunately we have the full adjustment ranges there, so DRR and DRF, or Tighten Center, which ever you like, was suggested to be on an average, 0.01 for DRR, and 0.005 for DRF.

For my tastes on the G920 in pC1, it was 0.00 for DRR, and 0.013 for DRF. I didn't like any wobble, so I elected to have a bit more dead zone at center force and less wobble.

Unfortunately, pC2 has gone backwards in giving users on consoles the ability to play the game anyway they want to by limiting the FFB parameters to just having fixed flavors. Probably too late now, but SMS would have pleased more users by letting them decide to use a fixed flavor system, or set it up with full control, like in PC format.

For me and my weak Nm G920, I can get by with a fixed flavor, (RAW 100/35/38/0/.14) but truthfully, as far as being able to set it up for your own tastes, it's not as effective as in pC1.

It's sort of good enough, but trying to generalize FFB across all the cars and tracks, not being able to save the FFB set ups, and not having the full parameter control ability is less than effective IMO.

Should have stated ahead of release that the game functions best on a PC, and console formats will have limitations that might affect your purchasing selections.

But of course that would never get by the marketing department.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Extremely bad wobble/vibration on the red bull torque riders invitational on the straight. Its unplayable.
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv

Platform
    XBOX1
    Try setting the menu strength to less than 1.0 and see if that has any effect.
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't think menu strength has any effect on FFB when playing. Try lower FX.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.