Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game loads different setups during laps or pit stops

WMD Member

Game loads different setups during laps or pit stops

After a pit stop the game loads a different setup. I return to the track and the car setup is a mess. It also happens randomly during Races, Qualify or Practice. I am driving and suddenly the game changes the setup . This game is full of incredible errors.

Anyone has the same problem?
    Intel® Core™ i5-760 @ 4GHz, ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II, 12 GB RAM, Logitech G25.

Platform
    PC
    What makes you think you have a completely different setup?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I bet it's something like this (feature, not a bug) http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1457627

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    What makes you think you have a completely different setup?
    So you mean this is not a known issue by SMS? I haven't noticed it after pit stops, but it certainly happens a lot in races, when you use a different car than you used in the previous race. I am only doing online races, when I go from a GT3 race to a TC, the TC car feels very weird in the first quali and race, while it becomes ok in the next one, unless you switch to yet another car.

It is obvious that something goes off setup wise, because you do a TC race with a FWD, then go to a RWD and in the setup options you can adjust front differential! Or you try to adjust gear ratios and you get the selections from the previous car, or some other strange ones. Also saving the setup doesn't work at that time, saving says OK, but you reload the just saved setup and you can see it was not modified after all.

I thought those were all known issues that were already being worked on, but if they are not please tell me so I will try to send more detailed repro procedures.

Edit: An hour ago, did a Caterham seven race, all ok, then jumped to a GT3 race. Suddenly in some corners the brakes were failing, had no braking power after a while, had never seen that before in 400 races I've done. It was like the brakes were overheating, but I checked the setup, ducts were open, pressure was normal. Restarted the game, entered a TC race and now all was ok again. Something goes really off sometimes when changing cars from race to race.
    Last edited by cpcdem; 06-01-2018 at 15:47.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    So you mean this is not a known issue by SMS? I haven't noticed it after pit stops, but it certainly happens a lot in races, when you use a different car than you used in the previous race. I am only doing online races, when I go from a GT3 race to a TC, the TC car feels very weird in the first quali and race, while it becomes ok in the next one, unless you switch to yet another car.

It is obvious that something goes off setup wise, because you do a TC race with a FWD, then go to a RWD and in the setup options you can adjust front differential! Or you try to adjust gear ratios and you get the selections from the previous car, or some other strange ones. Also saving the setup doesn't work at that time, saving says OK, but you reload the just saved setup and you can see it was not modified after all.

I thought those were all known issues that were already being worked on, but if they are not please tell me so I will try to send more detailed repro procedures.

Edit: An hour ago, did a Caterham seven race, all ok, then jumped to a GT3 race. Suddenly in some corners the brakes were failing, had no braking power after a while, had never seen that before in 400 races I've done. It was like the brakes were overheating, but I checked the setup, ducts were open, pressure was normal. Restarted the game, entered a TC race and now all was ok again. Something goes really off sometimes when changing cars from race to race.
    A video showing how to repro the issue would help greatly, thanks.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's obviously hard to show you the "car feels very weird" problem, but I am hoping it's directly related to the setup weirdness, which can be reproduced like that:

- Restart game
    - Create a custom race, pick the Bentley GT3 '15. Click START
    - Go to the tuning menu, Edit, Engine page. Note the gearing, it will appear as in this pic (3.1, 2.923, 2.267, 1.706, 1.444, 1.250, 1.083):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-bentley.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	248440

- Do a small change, like radiator to 80% and save the setup to a new slot. Exit the race, no need to start it

- Go again to Custom Race, but now pick the Opel Astra. Click START
    - As before, goto the Engine page in tuning, check the gearing for this car:

Name:	2-astra.jpg 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	248441

- Again, do a small change and save the setup to a new slot. Exit without racing.

- Again to Custom Race, back to the Bentley, start
    - Go to tuning, the setup we had saved before should be auto loaded. But check the gearing page, now gear ratios appear different than before (3.043, 2.692, 2.063, 1.688, 1.421, 1,211, 1,053):

Name:	3-bentley.jpg 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	248442

- From now on, it all goes very off. Exit again (no need to save anything), start a race with the AStra once more, check the gearing in the tuning setup, now it's 2.944, 3, 1,813, 1,118, 1, 1, 1:

Name:	4-astra.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	187.3 KB 
ID:	248443

Now you need to restart the game, otherwise you always see such strange values to setup options and I am hoping this is exactly what's causing the weirdness while driving, too.
    In the above, I chose the Bentley and the Astra because I didn't have setups for them before, and the problem is always reproducible in this case, so you might need to pick a different couple of cars to reproduce it reliably in your machine.
    If you need any additional info about this please let me know.

Just tried that sequence.. and they load perfectly (and on two separate Steam accounts and two PCs).

I don't even agree with your initial ratios for the Bentley.. (I get these figures from every combination I tried of PC/Steam account, before and after changing the radiator)

Name:	20180107165049_1.jpg 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	248452

PS, do you have a lot of saved setups ? And what do you get if you reset to defaults?
    Last edited by Mad Al; 07-01-2018 at 16:26.

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content

Platform
    PC
    maybe did not delete the pre patch3 setups ?
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-3600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/devilscoredriversclub/

Platform
    PC
    Side question: are setups available in TT, from ghosts created before patch3, became proper while saving after Patch3?
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Just tried that sequence.. and they load perfectly (and on two separate Steam accounts and two PCs).

I don't even agree with your initial ratios for the Bentley.. (I get these figures from every combination I tried of PC/Steam account, before and after changing the radiator)

PS, do you have a lot of saved setups ? And what do you get if you reset to defaults?
    Hmm, maybe it's a more complicated issue then, if the SMS guys want my setup folder contents to help reproducing the problem, I'd be glad to send it to them.
    Just restarted the game, and went to the setup options for the Bentley, now I am seeing completely different numbers again! (3.444, 2.835, 1.846, 1.588, 1.375, 1.222, 1.059)
    Using Reset to Defaults brings them to the values that are visible in your screen indeed (2.991, 2.717, 2.100, 1,644, 1.407, 1.215, 1.079). Looks like something goes completely off with loading setup options.

Edit: exited race and restarted, now yet another different set of values is displayed!

I had completely cleared the setups folder after patch 3, but of course created a lot of new ones since then.
    But at least for the touring cars setup issue with the multiple "1.000" gear ratios shown, I remember this even from the first days after the game was released.

Edit2: I just emptied the tuningsetups folder again, tried the sequence that I mentioned above again and I can still reproduce the problem! So it doesn't have to do with many saved setups, I only have two files now, the setups I just generated. Did you follow my steps exactly? Maybe it has to do with regional settings or something..

Edit3: I also did a file integrity check, all was good.
    Last edited by cpcdem; 07-01-2018 at 21:15.