Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3d modeling

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Womp83 View Post
    So i've been on this forum for roughly about a year, and i've only just found this thread now. Every forum has one i suppose. If i couldn't find it, i was going to start one myself.

I d'loaded Blender a few years ago now, and used a mixture of Youtube tutorials and trial & error to teach myself how to use it. And i spend my nights farting about in there, making stuff. I mainly use it to make custom scenery for another program i have on my computer here. (roller coaster sim. I'm currently working on a Dodge Viper themed ride, if anyone wants to see, just ask) But i have various other things i do or try to make.
    A majority of the stuff i do in Blender is rendering 3d Lego models into real world environments using HDRI's. I have a lot of those that i've done, i'll post some later on if anyone wants to see them. Might have to run off some new renders as some of them were my early work.
    But anyway, here's just a few of the non-Lego things i've made so far.

Bender & Gold Bender from Futurama. I had the idea when an episode came on tv one night as i sat at the computer.

Robot Devil, also from Futurama. I was going to make a few other robot characters from the show, but never got round to it.

And who remembers this guy from Sesame Street? The Typewriter guy..

Don't ask, it just popped into my head one night, hahaha.

Texturing is my weak point, as you can probably tell from a lack of any real textures in those models, lol. UV mapping can be a real shit of a thing to do sometimes..
    So yeah, that's that.

Killso, even for a beginner, that's an amazing job. I started modelling an old Lamborghini Countach prob about 2 years ago. It's an on-off project, it's nowhere near finished, and looks nowhere near as good as yours does. I can post current progress pics if people would like to see that.

Olijke, I had a look at some of the pics in your portfolio in that link. You've got some really impressive models there.
    Typewriter guy looks like Mr. Potato Head ate a typewriter!
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)

Platform
    PC
    Killso, how did you model your Aventador? Did you box model it and add details, or did you make each body panel separately and kind of piece it together?
    I'm doing it in one piece first, I'm starting at the wheel arches and then continue doing the shape of the car.
    I think my main source of inspiration was 2ncs' timelapse videos : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxiq67q4Aug

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Cool. I had a quick look at that clip, and i've seen a few tutorials & clips doing cars that way.
    It's a method i need to try sometime.

Platform
    PS4
    Here's some of my Lego model renders.
    A friend of mine who lives overseas makes a lot of these in another program, and sends them to me. Then i simply import them into Blender, make them look awesome, and send a finished render back to him. I have made a few models in the Lego program myself, but my friend made all of these ones.

Lego Optimus Prime in vehicle form.

Lego Optimus Prime in robot form..

Lego Mini Cooper

Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS.
    Now, this one looked a little different when i first got it. It was missing some parts, cause they weren't in the Lego program. So i had to make the wheels and the fenders myself, from scratch. And the flexy orange axles along the roof line, i made those as well.

A lot of the models we do are cars..
    The following user likes this Post: BullWinkle

Platform
    PS4
    So a while back, i posted 2 renders of a Lambo Countach i was working on, and hadn't made a great deal of progress on it.
    Well about a month ago, i saw a video on Youtube about modelling low poly cars. And the Lamborghini took a turn in a very different direction.
    The guy who made the clip did a car based on a modern Mustang. But i did these.

My Lamborghini Countach

Porsche 911 RSR 2.8