Thread: Project Cars 2 Starts initially, but won't full screen, plays in background

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Project Cars 2 Starts initially, but won't full screen, plays in background

I have been having issues with Project Cars 2. I have not played in awhile and I believe there have been updates that have changed the game and its settings.

I used to play in VR at launch and would load the game in Steam by Launching in Oculus VR Mode. This worked, however, my mouse and keyboard would not work as usual. In an attempt to try and fix the game, I now can't seem to get the game to launch properly at all, either on my main monitor or VR.

Launching the game on my monitor doesn't work anymore. It will launch initially, then minimize with the sound as if a peripheral had been plugged/unplugged. The game would pause in the background until I would click the window in my launcher. I can then hear the intro play, but I do not see the game full screen on either my main monitor or on my second monitor. My Oculus Rift is plugged in, but not running.

After re-installing, playing with graphicsconfigdx11 by ensuring windowed mode = 0 and that my resolution was set to what NVidia recommends, I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Things that have changed since I last played: I installed Oculus Dash beta.

I have a second monitor that is a 1080p 144hz monitor. My main monitor is a 4K 60hz G-sync monitor.

I have an Intel i7-4790k with two GTX 980s in SLI. (although SLI is disabled right now because Project Cars 2 in VR doesn't work right when SLI is enabled)

The main thing that I want to do is to just play Project Cars 2 in VR and be able to use the mouse and keyboard like before, but nothing seems to work on my computer anymore. If there are settings for me to change in game however, I can't even access it without using VR. In VR, I have no peripherals other than my wheel, which isn't bound properly. (No select anywhere on my G27 wheel, and FFB is on full so the wheel doesn't move easily)

Ugh....

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Platform
    PC
    try putting " -windowed -borderless " (without the quotes) in the games steam launch properties and see if that helps.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following 2 users likes this Post: zillah, ZnarF1883

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AbeWoz View Post
    try putting " -windowed -borderless " (without the quotes) in the games steam launch properties and see if that helps.
    I knew it was something so simple...

VR + Keyboard and Mouse looks to work as well. Thanks!
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Platform
    PC
    @mods I think the -windowed -borderless fix needs to be stickied.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C