Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback problem with Project Cars 2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Angry Force Feedback problem with Project Cars 2

Hi. Looking for help. Just bought Project Cars 2 and when loaded up on PS4 I get almost no force feedback.
    I have fiddled with the settings - now on RAW and 100 Gain - but there is hardly any sensation and the steering wheel feels loose and flabby. I popped Project Cars back in and the force feedback works fine, so it is not a wheel problem.
    Can anyone help? It's very frustrating - was really looking forward to an improvement in physics on the cars (which I thought was already pretty good), but I am seriously disappointed that it doesn't work "out of the box."
    I am also struggling to input my name!!! I type in "Simon" in the profile and there is no way to go further. I press X or O and it just wipes out what I have written. I have tried L1 L2 R1 R2 to get it to save as it goes, but it still just wipes my name out before going on to the surname box. I am probably just VERY dumb on this (and maybe even the force feedback issue) but as a rank amateur, I would really appreciate some help. I really enjoyed Project Cars and if the improvements are as good as I have heard, it should be great driving the much improved range of cars.
    Pretty please?
    Thanks

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    which wheel do you have? i don't know much about PS4 settings, but i do have a G29. i see lots of settings posted here for the PS4 which include much lower numbers for Gain.

pick a practice session and bring up the telemetry view (sorry, no idea how that's done on console). this would tell you a bit more about what's happening with your feedback. drive around. there are five small graphs which represent 20% of your wheel's possible force each, up to 100% (the higher the graphs, the more often/higher the force signal occurs within that band).

if your telemtry is spiking too much into the red (far right red graph), the game is sending feedback too high/strong for your wheel to provide. reduce gain until there's no more red, and then experiment with the other 3 settings (volume, tone, FX). i know it's not helpful, but once the wheel isn't clipping anymore, it's really down to personal preference how you should set these options.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FreefallRLC, hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    i might look into this telemetry advice myself only just got my first wheel and it feels really heavy in turns in both pcars games
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisshead30 View Post
    i might look into this telemetry advice myself only just got my first wheel and it feels really heavy in turns in both pcars games
    For pcars2,

Immersive - heavy.
    Informative - lighter.
    Raw - lightest.

Immersive is not so heavy if you keep gain / volume lower.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    For pcars2,

Immersive - heavy.
    Informative - lighter.
    Raw - lightest.

Immersive is not so heavy if you keep gain / volume lower.
    Thanks ill try that when I get home from work later, got a T300RS GT edition as my first wheel so taking in as much advice as I can so I that can enjoy my racing.
    Been searching the forum for settings advice for FFB any links to good posts regarding my wheel would be much appreciated
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL

Platform
    PS4
    Mine and zaskarspants settings (see signatures) will give very different experiences, but will also work as is with the T300 wheels.

Give it a go.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I also have big problems to get the FF to my liking. Tried all 3 settings with different sliders. But once one effect gets better, others get wose.
    I really love the FF in Assetto Corsa. The mix between g forces, feeling the car weight, feeling the road surface is excellent, I think. The only effect is less intense is tire slip. GT Sportßs effect with the skidding and rubbing tires is very nice there, I think.
    I tried to make PC2 FF like Assetto, but not much luck. the surface efect /curbs, rumble from surface or on grass is very low and canīt change it to much better. The G forces are very strong (too strong for my taste and barely feel surface details ) and the steering wheel feels "empty" and too light. Alsost like on a wheel without FFB. If I tone that up (also with dampener saturation) it gets better. But the other effects like surface detail gets less and the g forces wipping your arm off. Maybe itīs my settings but no matter what seetings I try, itīs always not 100% right. AC FF is great out of the box.
    I think the biggest problem is the light and "empty" feeling in the wheel. Other games make the wheel feel lighter the more corbnering or more faster corvering you are to make the car feel heavier and faster. In PC2 I dobīt feel that at all.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by FreefallRLC View Post
    I also have big problems to get the FF to my liking. Tried all 3 settings with different sliders. But once one effect gets better, others get wose.
    I really love the FF in Assetto Corsa. The mix between g forces, feeling the car weight, feeling the road surface is excellent, I think. The only effect is less intense is tire slip. GT Sportßs effect with the skidding and rubbing tires is very nice there, I think.
    I tried to make PC2 FF like Assetto, but not much luck. the surface efect /curbs, rumble from surface or on grass is very low and canīt change it to much better. The G forces are very strong (too strong for my taste and barely feel surface details ) and the steering wheel feels "empty" and too light. Alsost like on a wheel without FFB. If I tone that up (also with dampener saturation) it gets better. But the other effects like surface detail gets less and the g forces wipping your arm off. Maybe itīs my settings but no matter what seetings I try, itīs always not 100% right. AC FF is great out of the box.
    I think the biggest problem is the light and "empty" feeling in the wheel. Other games make the wheel feel lighter the more corbnering or more faster corvering you are to make the car feel heavier and faster. In PC2 I dobīt feel that at all.
    I am slightly vexed as to what to suggest to help you. I don't recognize your description of wheel presentation of pcars as 'empty', so either something is amiss or you just prefer the presentation of ffb produced by AC.

I dont own AC so I cant offer any suggestions based on that comparison but afaik both sims are not strongly algorithmic, but aim to accurately simulate forces calculated from suspension simulation, so both should offer a rewarding complex ffb experience.
    Sorry if that sounds glib.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FreefallRLC View Post
    I also have big problems...
    I really love the FF in Assetto Corsa...
    GT Sportßs effect with the skidding and rubbing tires is very nice there, I think...
    I tried to make PC2 FF like Assetto, but not much luck. AC FF is great out of the box.
    That says enough.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I might buy AC so I can join in with the fun debates that go on and on and on.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 08-01-2018 at 13:34. Reason: typo typo
    The following user likes this Post: leeroy98